• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

OneWeb goes bankrupt, lays off staff, will sell satellite-broadband business

Although it looks like they were heading that way anyways.  Coronavirus was just the last nail in the coffin.

SpaceX is still launching their satellites for high speed internet as their business is deemed essential. They would have taken OneWeb out anyway.

we'll get the official word later today but it looks like we will not return to campus the rest of this school year. I'm most curious to see what we're going to do for graduations - K, 8, and 12.

our distance learning started this week. our class periods are shorter, which i like, and it isn't as noisy in class. plus, i can mute the kids without any repercussions. I like it.

I wish there was still a way for us to do our 3-day 8th grade class trip to disneyland. they have a really good education program, and i'm sorry the kids are going to miss it.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

we'll get the official word later today but it looks like we will not return to campus the rest of this school year. 

On 1/17/2016 at 11:44 AM, Lou said:

" teaching, what a racket "

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

we'll get the official word later today but it looks like we will not return to campus the rest of this school year. I'm most curious to see what we're going to do for graduations - K, 8, and 12.

our distance learning started this week. our class periods are shorter, which i like, and it isn't as noisy in class. plus, i can mute the kids without any repercussions. I like it.

I wish there was still a way for us to do our 3-day 8th grade class trip to disneyland. they have a really good education program, and i'm sorry the kids are going to miss it.

Looks like that new golf net is going to get a lot of use. 

My wife got the call yesterday that her school will not reopen to finish the year. All student classwork has to still be completed and grading completed but there really was no contingencies for this.

Her students in Special Ed do not have personalized classwork available online and some don't even have a way to complete online work, no computers or internet. My wife is creating worksheet packets and assignments and mailing them with prepaid return envelopes. The parents are just now understanding how difficult it is to get their kids to actually study and do the work that they were used to just dropping their kid off and leave all discipline to someone else. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The parents are just now understanding how difficult it is to get their their kids to actually study and do the work that they were used to just dropping their kid off and leave all discipline to someone else. 

I'm pretty sure parents with special needs children understand the difficulty.

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Looks like that new golf net is going to get a lot of use. 

So far so good.

also, did you know if you actually put your laundry away you can discover all sorts of new things in your house? turns out we have a total gym.

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I'm pretty sure parents with special needs children understand the difficulty.

You might be surprised how many in the lower economic neighborhoods ignore their kids schooling and discipline at home.

Those that do care, my wife is a godsend because they actually see results that their other teachers never obtained. She has been on the phone the last three weeks with former student's parents asking for advice. It is killing her not being able to have classroom time or even the ability to meet one on one with students and parents.

I get the evolution of teaching will end up in the home but for some kids that will never work. For special Ed it really can't the way programs are set up now. 

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Surfers and Paddleboarders.  Two activities that it's quite difficult to get close to each other.  

there's a weird dynamic here. events like paddle boarding and surfing generally put you at a distance from everyone around you, where the risk of infecting someone is very, very low (i come into closer contact with people when i'm shopping or going for a walk). and yet, keeping the beaches clear of people is an important issue where law enforcement has had to step in because people won't distance themselves willingly on their own. 

it would have been a powerfully good thing for people to have managed this on their own so that gov't didn't feel the need to step in and do it for us.