• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Credit card companies would love to get behind legislation that makes cash obsolete. That being said, I can't remember the last time I paid for something with physical cash.

I think the only time I've used cash in the last year was to give my son lunch money, or to pay for ref fees. 

On 4/23/2020 at 11:57 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

So lets say i dont care about getting in to the ski area, i just want to check the surrounding area out and take photos... where would i head to to see it?

Either of these options might be a clusterfuck if they are the only ones open, but I used to have season passes at both and would board regularly after work and do night sessions at both.

I've never come from OC to either site, but would probably go Mountain High first as it's in Ridgewood and you will have a shorter commute and easier drive. If you can get there from the east and can avoid the 15 you might be solid. I used to go up from the 15 and while it's only a 30-45 minute drive from Corona, I have been stuck where the Pisa types and their 20 kids all pull over on the side of the road to let their kids play in the snow with cardboard boxes and it just completely congests the road. I also like High because it still get sun, but the ski/snowboard area is on the north side of the mountain, so the area seems to keep snow longer than other areas. If traffic is light there are some great picture/sight lines going from the resort to the 15.

Big Bear would scare me. Kind of the same parameters, but a bit more sticky as the road is narrower and only one way up and down, plus you have Snow Summit along the way to potentially impede your drive. I like to board here better, but really loathe the drive. You get the same people that pull over on the side to play in the snow but have to deal with double the ski/boarding traffic from two sites

On 4/28/2020 at 12:49 AM, Tank said:

found myself wondering about cash recently. don't really feel like touching the stuff right now. been doing all of our shopping and ordering with credit cards, just like everyone else.

anyone think this might spur us to get rid of our actual physical cash, whether by our choice or by mandate from washington? or will actual coins & bills still play a part in our economy?

But how are we going to snort cocaine off mirrors in 80s movies with a credit card?

38 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But how are we going to snort cocaine off mirrors in 80s movies with a credit card?

Sadly, there’s no easy answer for guys like you and I who thrive off of this daily. 

Might have to resort to using McDonald’s straws.

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I'm pretty sure a tiger took care of that about 20 years ago.

I never saw their show but someone this week mentioned they had a magic act. news to me. thought they just did the tigers thing.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I never saw their show but someone this week mentioned they had a magic act. news to me. thought they just did the tigers thing.

Well, they did make tigers appear in their show.  I'd call that a magic act.  But outside of big animals, they were very accomplished magicians.  If I remember correctly, one of them was a pretty outstanding dove magician.  

Cord-Cutting Is Accelerating Because of Coronavirus. Could This Be the End of Cable TV?

LightShed Partners analyst Richard Greenfield counts a loss of 1.96 million subscribers to cable, satellite TV, and virtual cable services combined in the first quarter, the worst combined quarterly drop ever, down 6% from a year ago.

That includes year-over-year subscriber declines of 18.9% for the various video services of AT&T (ticker: T), 4.6% at Comcast (CMCSA), 2.5% at Charter Communications (CHTR), 4.1% at Dish Network (DISH), and 5.8% at Verizon Communications (VZ). On a combined basis, he notes, the virtual cable bundles—also known as virtual MVPDs, or vMVPDS—had subscriber losses for the first quarter ever.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/cord-cutting-picks-up-steam-r-i-p-cable-tv-51588954999

Edited by Lhalo

On 5/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, Lhalo said:

Cord-Cutting Is Accelerating Because of Coronavirus. Could This Be the End of Cable TV?

LightShed Partners analyst Richard Greenfield counts a loss of 1.96 million subscribers to cable, satellite TV, and virtual cable services combined in the first quarter, the worst combined quarterly drop ever, down 6% from a year ago.

That includes year-over-year subscriber declines of 18.9% for the various video services of AT&T (ticker: T), 4.6% at Comcast (CMCSA), 2.5% at Charter Communications (CHTR), 4.1% at Dish Network (DISH), and 5.8% at Verizon Communications (VZ). On a combined basis, he notes, the virtual cable bundles—also known as virtual MVPDs, or vMVPDS—had subscriber losses for the first quarter ever.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/cord-cutting-picks-up-steam-r-i-p-cable-tv-51588954999

Been using Roku for 5 years and it’s nice to see the big 4 pay tv providers offer streaming services since then.  Gonna have to abandon them to save money regarding lockdown, though, so it’s gonna have to be free ad supported Vudu, Crackle, Pluto and Tubi.  Luckily, I have a yearly Starz subscription that ends in late September.