• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

we had a second person on our campus test positive for the 'rona, so our principal recommended that anyone who's been on campus should go get tested.

i went to altadena today for my test. it was a saliva swab test and took less than a minute. will have the results by wednesday.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

we had a second person on our campus test positive for the 'rona, so our principal recommended that anyone who's been on campus should go get tested.

i went to altadena today for my test. it was a saliva swab test and took less than a minute. will have the results by wednesday.

Hopefully you won't have it.  But if you do, I know a lawyer that has experience in these matters.

we are applying to open up for a few select students under something called the LEA (Legal Education Authority or something like that). This will be for kids at risk educationally and are falling seriously behind, or can't access online learning, or a couple of other qualifiers. Looks like we would invite about a dozen kids to return to campus to do their schooling online but under our direct surpervision. One of them is one of my 7th graders who is in serious jeopardy of squandering this entire year - won't work, won't turn things in, sees every question from teachers as a confrontation and completely shuts down. she's a sweet kid that i've come to know casually over the last two years, but my heart is breaking over what's going on with her. lives with her spanish-speaking grandparents and disabled father, so there's no real adult help available for her. I'm praying that we'll be able to get her on campus so we can help her.

we lost another 7th grader a few weeks ago because she was really struggling with online learning. mom decided to homeschool her, which gives her less contact with her friends, something she really needs. kind of an odd reason, but not much we can do about it. it's weirder because her mom is the pastor of my church.

when this school year began i had hope that we could re-open by november 1, but was preparing that we might have to stay online until january. now i'm questioning if we'll be able to have kids back  by spring break in march.

one of our sister schools just re-opened grades K-2 in san gabriel. we want to do the same but two of our teachers (grades 1 and 2) don't feel comfortable enough to reopen, and one of them is citing doctor's orders. administration is in a tough position because employees have to be protected and feel comfortable, but we also need to keep our students so we can all stay employed. I'm fearful something drastic might have to happen to reopen or to remove those teachers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 4:35 PM, gotbeer said:

Looks like the last hope for movie theaters just went boom.

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Warner Bros. Mulls January HBO Max Release or Delay to Summer 2021

That sucks if it goes down that way. I dont make it to the movies very often, maybe once every other year or so. But I love going. I think we'll see at least as many close as gyms.... and gyms are hurting bad right now.

• 2 weeks later...