• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

While I totally agree, the transmission risk is zero, the problem isnt individuals doing it. Its that who gets to be the "individuals" who go?

IE, if individuals are allowed to go, then the crowds are, too.

Perhaps for things like this, as off the wall as it sounds, there could be "reservations" or something along those lines. Something to limit the crowds from forming.

Found out from one of my facebook groups that someone got a ticket for walking on the beach.  They have a house on that same beach.  

I have mentioned this on several threads but the requirement (not recommendation ) to require masks on all folks leaving their homes seems to be gaining some traction.  Riverside County made it mandatory and LA City will require anyone entering an essential service (groceries, pharmacies, etc)  to be masked or turned away starting Friday.  I am not generally in favor of having any of my civil liberties taken away (even if it is just for a short time) but if everyone masking up for awhile is what it takes to beat Covid-19, then I say lets do it now.  None of this wishy-washy stuff, let's turn our nation into Japan for a short while and bring Covid-19 to its knees.  All of our leaders should be setting an example.  Seeing our POTUS in a mask is just the message we need.  The sooner we all take this very seriously, the sooner we can begin opening up things again.  

On 4/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, gotbeer said:

Found out from one of my facebook groups that someone got a ticket for walking on the beach.  They have a house on that same beach.  

Was talking to one of my bosses yesterday. And this could be totally wrong, so I dont want to give false info. But he said State beaches are closed, but local ones are open....

9 hours ago, LAAMike said:

I have mentioned this on several threads but the requirement (not recommendation ) to require masks on all folks leaving their homes seems to be gaining some traction.  Riverside County made it mandatory and LA City will require anyone entering an essential service (groceries, pharmacies, etc)  to be masked or turned away starting Friday.  I am not generally in favor of having any of my civil liberties taken away (even if it is just for a short time) but if everyone masking up for awhile is what it takes to beat Covid-19, then I say lets do it now.  None of this wishy-washy stuff, let's turn our nation into Japan for a short while and bring Covid-19 to its knees.  All of our leaders should be setting an example.  Seeing our POTUS in a mask is just the message we need.  The sooner we all take this very seriously, the sooner we can begin opening up things again.  

This. 

And it cant be said enough. Everyone is already bitching about the shutdowns, and we're barely in week 3.

The longer we do things half assed, the longer this goes on for. Like Mr. Miyagi's grape lesson in karate kid 1.

I said it in another thread, if we do things the right way, this thing will be contained a hell of a lot quicker than doing it the way we have been.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I’ve been getting several emails a week from ticket agencies about buying concert tickets. I keep wondering how they can continue to offer tickets when no one alive has any idea when concerts will resume. Seems like a huge problem just waiting to happen.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’ve been getting several emails a week from ticket agencies about buying concert tickets. I keep wondering how they can continue to offer tickets when no one alive has any idea when concerts will resume. Seems like a huge problem just waiting to happen.

Nothing stops The Indigo Girls, pal.

Have fun!