• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

All of them. Do you think Japan wants people from infected countries traveling to their lands? That's like inviting an AIDS victim to your Saturday night gang bang.

As I said, that's why I think they will have a quarantine period for all athletes.  Then again, they all do go to the athletes village anyways.  So it's like it's own quarantine.  I'm sure on top of the quarantine, one of the entry documents that will be required is a negative test for the virus done in the last few weeks before traveling. 

pretty sure school is going to end up getting cancelled for the rest of the year up here.  inslee is doing a tv presser in a couple hours here, and i think there will be some more changes.

going a little stir crazy, but nobody wants to hang out.  i live alone, so vodka and rum have been pretty good friends to me, but i've resolved to only drink on fridays from now on.  

1 hour ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

pretty sure school is going to end up getting cancelled for the rest of the year up here.  inslee is doing a tv presser in a couple hours here, and i think there will be some more changes.

going a little stir crazy, but nobody wants to hang out.  i live alone, so vodka and rum have been pretty good friends to me, but i've resolved to only drink on fridays from now on.  

It's Friday somewhere in the world.  

2 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

you're not going to do online learning? we're on spring break right now but will start online teaching next monday. i'm trying to learn how to use google classroom and bigbluebutton. i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed even after watching a couple of "how to" videos.

we're not set up for online learning.  issuing students chromebooks and asking teachers to use google classroom is not online learning, and any entity that says so is moronic.  creating successful online learning tools is a different animal from in-person instruciton, and requires a different type of pedagogy and instructional design than what most teachers are used to.  some states have started doing it in certain districts.  i'm thinking this will accelerate the trend to create and implement legitimate online learning in a lot of states, though.   i actually look forward to it.  our 9th and 10th grade textbooks actually have some amazing online tools that i'd love to develop into online learning units. 

We've managed to work out a way to salvage the new show Listen To Your Heart without having an office to work out of and keep at least some of the staff employed. I'm getting a business internet connection for Gigabite speeds installed at home so I can download show media to work with and then upload a completed show for approval. This is going to be far faster than USB-3 rates so I can actually stream from a server if we can get one setup for online media. I could never have to go in to the office again if this works. 

The only logjam is none of the producers are setup with these transfer rate speeds, it is not available in all locations and definitely not at any of our assists apartments that have become off site workstations. We are setting up a third party for a server, which should run at Gig speeds so at least I can zero time access media at full rez which would eliminate a runner bringing a hardrive over which of course risks being contaminated. Who would thought a virus on a portable drive would be the death of the user and not the system?

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Didn't think they would do it.  But Japan has postponed the Olympics for a year.  

I wonder if the 2020 Japan Olympics gear will be collectible now?

Wow. Never thought I'd see this happen. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:04 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

So...every day is Friday now?  I've always said you gotta drink to keep the virus at bay...didn't know it would come to fruition.

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

We've managed to work out a way to salvage the new show Listen To Your Heart without having an office to work out of and keep at least some of the staff employed. I'm getting a business internet connection for Gigabite speeds installed at home so I can download show media to work with and then upload a completed show for approval. This is going to be far faster than USB-3 rates so I can actually stream from a server if we can get one setup for online media. I could never have to go in to the office again if this works. 

The only logjam is none of the producers are setup with these transfer rate speeds, it is not available in all locations and definitely not at any of our assists apartments that have become off site workstations. We are setting up a third party for a server, which should run at Gig speeds so at least I can zero time access media at full rez which would eliminate a runner bringing a hardrive over which of course risks being contaminated. Who would thought a virus on a portable drive would be the death of the user and not the system?

I hesitate to believe such speeds are possible in this country. What format are they recording to?

Also gigabit Ethernet is slower than USB 3, unless you have a 10GB Ethernet home network.

Of course I suppose anything is possible with enough money and will power, lol.