• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning getting an MRI on his elbow

Chuck

4 minutes ago, RBM said:

Do you foresee a point in time when you will post anything of value? Something Angels baseball related?

Your first 17 posts have been devoid of anything resembling a baseball related point.

Do you really want to be perceived as a pointless tool who exists only to make personal attacks? 

based on what he's mentioned, I think it's a fair assumption that those aren't his first 17 posts.  

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

For anyone who may know, what are the implications of joint irritation as opposed to ligament? We always hear about damage to the UCL but I can't think of an example of a pitcher with a joint issue.

Causes. Elbow pain is often caused by overuse. Many sports, hobbies and jobs require repetitive hand, wrist or arm movements. Elbow pain may occasionally be due to arthritis, but in general, your elbow joint is much less prone to wear-and-tear damage than are many other joints.

I wonder if an elbow joint issue is even a repairable thing for the purpose of pitching. Does this mean rest-pitch-soreness, rest-pitch-soreness until he finally has to give up? anybody?

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t get why Claude gets shit on so much. If people don’t like what he has to say why not just put him on ignore or just skip past his posts instead of having every thread be a back and forth about him?

Or he can stop being an attention whore. 

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm talking about all the white knights getting a justice boner trying to put him in his place in every thread.

And I’m talking about why the “justice warriors” are inclined to do that in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm talking about all the white knights getting a justice boner trying to put him in his place in every thread.

As opposed to the white knighting of poor behavior?   

You, me and everyone choosing to add to any discussion other than baseball is only adding to the nonsense..  Personally, I'll always call out the BS baseball takes, because my interest is the actual baseball and the team itself.

Classify that as you see fit.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

For anyone who may know, what are the implications of joint irritation as opposed to ligament? We always hear about damage to the UCL but I can't think of an example of a pitcher with a joint issue.

I'n curious what made it a case of "his elbow wasn't up to it".... such a vague comment.   Did he experience pain?   I remember reading the Angels were having pitchers do strength tests before or after starts to gauge fatigue or potential injury..   With everything that's happened here since 2014 I can't help but default to the worst case scenario pretty much anytime someone says "elbow". 

I just wish there was info on whether this is all them being super cautious or who knows what.  The reports have been sort of all over the place .. One day he's being evaluated and won't be pitching, the next day he's set to throw only to not be able to throw.  Patience is a virtue and all that but.. argh...

50 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t get why Claude gets shit on so much. If people don’t like what he has to say why not just put him on ignore or just skip past his posts instead of having every thread be a back and forth about him?

Claude is like crack to Stradling. 

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'n curious what made it a case of "his elbow wasn't up to it".... such a vague comment.   Did he experience pain?   I remember reading the Angels were having pitchers do strength tests before or after starts to gauge fatigue or potential injury..   With everything that's happened here since 2014 I can't help but default to the worst case scenario pretty much anytime someone says "elbow". 

I just wish there was info on whether this is all them being super cautious or who knows what.  The reports have been sort of all over the place .. One day he's being evaluated and won't be pitching, the next day he's set to throw only to not be able to throw.  Patience is a virtue and all that but.. argh...

I don't think this is a case of being super cautious. I think they went into the MRI expecting ligament damage and hoping for inflammation. What they saw was neither, but that the elbow itself looked different than the last MRI. They have plans for treating the first two but they weren't there yet so someone thought he should keep throwing so they could check again. My guess is he went to throw and either didn't pass one of their strength tests or was experiencing so much discomfort that they shut him down. I think they don't want to shut him down for 6 weeks, start up again and end up right back at this point. If he needs TJ they want to get it done, and if he doesn't they want to get that treatment underway so he can be a part of this season.