• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning getting an MRI on his elbow

Chuck

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

and you wonder a mod hasn't tried to reign in the new guy.  

you troll for responses and now you're getting ones you don't like.  

enjoy.  

You’re implying that what I say sarcastically here really matters. Canning is hurt and I see plenty of posts here poking fun about that situation. I saw plenty of posters laughing at the Yankees and Severino because he needs TJ surgery. (there will be more)

Canning will be a huge loss for us in 2020 if he can’t return and needs TJ surgery. Shall we all laugh at the Angels for that. 

There is nothing you or I can do about it. But while we’re on the subject of posting etiquette, it’s much easier to just agree or disagree with a poster to generate a conversation rather than personally attack people. 

Oh and I don’t believe that Douchwaggon is a new poster. 

37 minutes ago, RendZone said:

You’re implying that what I say sarcastically here really matters. Canning is hurt and I see plenty of posts here poking fun about that situation. I saw plenty of posters laughing at the Yankees and Severino because he needs TJ surgery. (there will be more)

Canning will be a huge loss for us in 2020 if he can’t return and needs TJ surgery. Shall we all laugh at the Angels for that. 

There is nothing you or I can do about it. But while we’re on the subject of posting etiquette, it’s much easier to just agree or disagree with a poster to generate a conversation rather than personally attack people. 

Oh and I don’t believe that Douchwaggon is a new poster. 

you troll for responses a ton and it's annoying as hell.  everything you post circles back to your own agenda regardless of the topic.  you either know it's annoying and you do it on purpose (most likely) or you don't realize you're doing it (very unlikely).  

here's what I see the most.  you don't act like an Angel fan.  negative or positive, it's easy to tell for most around here.  From what I see, you post for the next response and not your actual opinion.  To me, that's trolling.  Posting something just to see how people respond.  

people will continue to respond as will I, but you do you if that's what you think works.  

but hey.  that's just my opinion.  

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

Doc sounds sad these days.

I think that many fans have a huge emotional attachment to their favorite teams. I know, because I used to be one of them. I’ve downgraded my fanfare to just following the team as a hobby. The sun doesn’t rise and set with them.

It’s really just entertainment and no matter how much you pay them they could still end up winning just 70 games. You can get all pumped up about acquiring a guy like Upton only to get buttercupped by his streaky hitting and his lost season turf toe. The Angels choosing to go with Hamilton instead of a qualifying offer to Torii really changed the way I view the organization. They F’d themselves with that decision.

I’ve had the MLB package for years and the past couple of seasons I have chosen to watch a lot of other teams more. Doc is a huge Angels fan that takes things to heart. I get it but I’m over it already. There are some people that get so emotionally charged up about the teams fail that they loosely use social media to take out their frustrations. 

If they lose Canning to a major injury this season it’s going to severely hurt their playoff chances. I think Doc understands that.

57 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I think that many fans have a huge emotional attachment to their favorite teams. I know, because I used to be one of them. I’ve downgraded my fanfare to just following the team as a hobby. The sun doesn’t rise and set with them.

It’s really just entertainment and no matter how much you pay them they could still end up winning just 70 games. You can get all pumped up about acquiring a guy like Upton only to get buttercupped by his streaky hitting and his lost season turf toe. The Angels choosing to go with Hamilton instead of a qualifying offer to Torii really changed the way I view the organization. They F’d themselves with that decision.

I’ve had the MLB package for years and the past couple of seasons I have chosen to watch a lot of other teams more. Doc is a huge Angels fan that takes things to heart. I get it but I’m over it already. There are some people that get so emotionally charged up about the teams fail that they loosely use social media to take out their frustrations. 

If they lose Canning to a major injury this season it’s going to severely hurt their playoff chances. I think Doc understands that.

so this is you essentially acknowledging that you enjoy trolling on others.  good.  I'm glad that's clear now.  

Fortunately for me, I've got the intelligence and social/emotional maturity to be a big fan without having to take an all or nothing approach with a big part of my overall fan enjoyment coming from my interaction with others on this board who share a similar approach.  

I come here to talk about the Angels and not to see if I can evoke an emotional response from others who might care more or less than me.  

If there's one thing I wish I could get myself to do it's to stop wasting my time on posts like this.  

Total guess: Canning will start the season on the IL. The only mystery is for how long. I am disappointed but equally optimistic because of the youngsters waiting for the opportunity to pitch.  I like what Calloway is doing..he is greatly improving all of the Angel's young pitchers.

4 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Ive noticed that my enjoyment of sports dramatically increased as my emotional attachment decreased. I still have my favorite teams but them sucking ass or losing a close game doesn’t put me in a bad mood. 

Yep, that’s where I’m at. I root for the team but I also watch other teams. I think Scioscia kinda got burned out and just let the players do whatever. He turned the page way too many times and allowed lackluster play become the norm. Ausmus was not the answer. I think Joe Maddon will change the culture and improve things. They will play much more competitively but even Joe knows that pitching will be the difference maker in the end. Rendon is going to be huge for Trout. He’s going to bring what Upton failed to bring, clutch hitting. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A person or two on here.  Oh without the common courtesy of taking the winter off. 

Yeah but he's referring to pretty much everyone. The Angels fanbase is no better/worse than any other. 

Every forum has a Claude.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah but he's referring to pretty much everyone. The Angels fanbase is no better/worse than any other. 

Every forum has a Claude.

Yea it’s simply dumb.  I’m sure every team has shitty people who waste everyone’s time being themselves. 

I used to be negative all the time. Now I don't understand feeling that way, especially on a message board about a kids game being played by adults.

It's easy to be negative. It's the easy way out. That way when the team loses or has a bad year, you don't have to feel as bad, yet you still let everyone know about how bad it was. 

It's more fun to be positive. It's more rewarding when good things happen. If you do nothing but bitch and moan for 8 innings when the team is losing by 2 runs, then you don't deserve to be happy when they come back and win in the 9th. 

If the Angels make the playoffs this year, there's a handful of people who should be banned from posting in the GD threads.

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

Someone who has different baseball opinions than yourself is a shitty person? That’s the kind of emotional attachment I’m talking about. 

Don't play the victim card.

Saying "I personally don't feel good about the Angels' chances this year" is a different baseball opinion and is more than welcome. 

Posting about how much Upton sucks and how awful the pitching is and basically having nothing but negative takes in every thread about the team you supposedly follow is just being a jackass. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Don't play the victim card.

Saying "I personally don't feel good about the Angels' chances this year" is a different baseball opinion and is more than welcome. 

Posting about how much Upton sucks and how awful the pitching is and basically having nothing but negative takes in every thread about the team you supposedly follow is just being a jackass. 

Yep and a shitty person.  Because you want to make other people be as miserable as you are about the team.