• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just booked a trip to Boston

Stradling

Boston is a rad city. I havent been in years, but its tied for DC for me for best American cities. 

Didnt see it mentioned yet, so Ill point out Concorde. If youre into history its pretty legit. Thoroeua's house is there, too, if youd like to check that out.

The green monster seats might be sold out, but you can walk out there and get some pics. For the price, you could probably get better seats....

Boston is one of my favorite cities to visit. It's so walkable. You can walk the whole city, rather easily.

A few cool and not so cool things... More ice cream is consumed there than any other city. Try JP LIcks.  It's also the city with the most incidents of food poisoning. I became a statistic there.

A restaurant I've never been to, but would love to try is Table Boston. It's owned by Jen Royle a former sports reporter and an accomplished chef.  A place that's fun to visit, but is very touristy thing to do is the original Cheers bar.

When you go to Fenway, get there when it opens and soak it all in. I love that ball park. If you don't get seats on the green monster, you might be able to talk your way into walking through it.  We told the ushers we were visiting from California and they let us walk through it, as long as we didn't try to linger too long.

I also highly recommend doing the stadium tour.

Have a great time!

Also Fenway sucks. I don't give a single fucking poop about its history. It's messy and it smells like old peanuts, stale beer, and racism. Not to mention the seats are uncomfortable and there are still plenty of seats with an obstructed view. Yes, fine, go there once to "take it all in", but the whole area is filled with sweaty chowds and shitty hot dog stands which are all surprisingly run by white guys.

Boston itself is a great city to visit if you aren't driving. There's a ton to do and the food is some of the best you can get anywhere in the country. 

Also I would suggest taking a dump at the 7-11 on Dartmouth Street. The Indians who work there clean it after every use so you know you're getting a fresh experience. It's also a single stall so you get it all to yourself. Just make sure to hurry up or someone will knock telling you to "Hurry up sir please". I found that out the hard way one time and had to walk around Boston with an itchy butthole.

https://nicoboston.com

Nico in the North End is the best Italian food in all of Boston. Highly recommend.

Try to get to Harpoon brewery for tours, unlimited tastings, and great flavored soft pretzels. 

As others have said, do not drive! The worst city in the USA to drive in. 

If you can, try to stay at a hotel by the Prudential Center. It is connected to other hotels and restaurants by a mall that also has a subway station. It is a great option when the weather is cold and wet. 

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Also Fenway sucks. I don't give a single fucking poop about its history. It's messy and it smells like old peanuts, stale beer, and racism. Not to mention the seats are uncomfortable and there are still plenty of seats with an obstructed view. Yes, fine, go there once to "take it all in", but the whole area is filled with sweaty chowds and shitty hot dog stands which are all surprisingly run by white guys.

Boston itself is a great city to visit if you aren't driving. There's a ton to do and the food is some of the best you can get anywhere in the country. 

Also I would suggest taking a dump at the 7-11 on Dartmouth Street. The Indians who work there clean it after every use so you know you're getting a fresh experience. It's also a single stall so you get it all to yourself. Just make sure to hurry up or someone will knock telling you to "Hurry up sir please". I found that out the hard way one time and had to walk around Boston with an itchy butthole.

Lol at someone in Boston saying please.  

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Get a kruller from Dunkin’ Donuts. Life-changing.

Dunkin' Donuts is an inexplicable "thing" in the Northeast, especially in Mass.  There are lines at the drive-thru at dinnertime.  

I find their coffee weak, and the insistence on them putting cream and sugar in your coffee kinda weird.  And their donuts seem stale at birth (the cruller and blueberry  aren't bad.) 

Now, for life-changing donuts ...  beilersdonuts.com

8 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Dunkin' Donuts is an inexplicable "thing" in the Northeast, especially in Mass.  There are lines at the drive-thru at dinnertime.  

I find their coffee weak, and the insistence on them putting cream and sugar in your coffee kinda weird.  And their donuts seem stale at birth (the cruller and blueberry  aren't bad.) 

i was being sarcastical.

8 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

No this is Fake News. Dunkies is great. Their donuts are best in the morning but still good.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No this is Fake News. Dunkies is great. Their donuts are best in the morning but still good.

I'm sure they'd be even better if they sold them the morning they were made .... 

I will allow that it's possible that the ones in the NE are somehow different from the local dunkin', owned by people who'd drop a donut on the floor, brush the dust bunnies and rat fur off, and put it in the bag right in front you - but I'll never find out.    

My daughter lives there, and loathes them with an unreasonable hatred - prolly 'cause it's full of chowds.

I just booked flights to and from Houston for Opening Day.  Want to go back to Fenway someday... and enjoy Trillium, Tree House, etc..

Whoever said every seat in Fenway is a good seat is nuts unless they've revamped all of the seating in recent years.. One of the things I remember most is how small the seats were and how they weren't angled correctly.  

32 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I just booked flights to and from Houston for Opening Day.  Want to go back to Fenway someday... and enjoy Trillium, Tree House, etc..

Whoever said every seat in Fenway is a good seat is nuts unless they've revamped all of the seating in recent years.. One of the things I remember most is how small the seats were and how they weren't angled correctly.  

And how fat everybody is there.

@Stradling

I recommend Salem as well.  I took a night tour there in the back of a hearse, which was pretty cool.  On the way to Salem stop in at the Peabody museum.

If you like museums,  the Isabella Gardner museum is very unique.  It is worth a look.  The JFK Museum is at the end of one of the train lines that run south of the city.

Further away are Old Sturbridge Village or in Connecticut Mystic Seaport Village and museum. 

And in Rhode Island the Mansions of the wealthy elite can be toured.

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Check out Trillium Brewing Company. They have a restaurant about 4 miles from Fenway park, and they also have a location within walking distance of the park which is BYOF.

They also have an outside beer garden.