• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just booked a trip to Boston

Stradling

Sorry @tdawg87.  Heading out with my wife to see the Angels play the Red Sox the first week of May.  I have been to Fenway one other time, but more as a guest and didn’t have to plan anything.  First off does anyone here know how to get the Green Monster seats?  Is there a special way to get those seats?  Is it worth it?  Any suggestions on where to sit at the stadium?  I think we will hit up the games on the 6th and 7th of May.  We bought tickets to see a musical on Friday night the 8th.  Anything I have to do while there?  Restaurants?  Sightseeing?  I’m sure we do the Freedom Trail, Bunker Hill and Paul Revere’s House.  

I think the upper deck seats at the best. They are newer so they’re more comfortable and still pretty low and close to field, compared to the upper deck in a modern stadium. 

(They are near the press box so I’ve gone out there to make phone calls, and it’s a great view.)

Not sure how to get to the Green Monster seats. 

47 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think the upper deck seats at the best. They are newer so they’re more comfortable and still pretty low and close to field, compared to the upper deck in a modern stadium. 

(They are near the press box so I’ve gone out there to make phone calls, and it’s a great view.)

Not sure how to get to the Green Monster seats. 

Ok.  Any favorite restaurants I should try?

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Sorry @tdawg87.  Heading out with my wife to see the Angels play the Red Sox the first week of May.  I have been to Fenway one other time, but more as a guest and didn’t have to plan anything.  First off does anyone here know how to get the Green Monster seats?  Is there a special way to get those seats?  Is it worth it?  Any suggestions on where to sit at the stadium?  I think we will hit up the games on the 6th and 7th of May.  We bought tickets to see a musical on Friday night the 8th.  Anything I have to do while there?  Restaurants?  Sightseeing?  I’m sure we do the Freedom Trail, Bunker Hill and Paul Revere’s House.  

I didn't know you were gay, Strad. Cool.

Anyhow, I don't think there are bad seats at Fenway - it is a great place to see a ball game. Just be wary of the Bahstonians.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

If you don't go to little Italy you are missing out. Pick any restaurant there and it is better than anything on the West Coast. 

While that way go Mikes and The Modern for Italian delicacies like Cannoli and other deserts. Mikes is crazy popular and The Modern crazy deliciously different.

Do not rent a car. There is little to no parking and it will cost you a fortune. Navigating Boston is next to impossible for tourist. Either invest in a trolley pass for the week which will take you basically everywhere, even Fenway, or Uber. 

The train system is really easy to navigate Strad.  The wife and I went to Boston in 2007 for the playoff games against the Red Sox.  I agree with Blarg, no real need to rent a car unless you want to head out to see Salem or something like that.  

Little Italy was good, Quincy Market  was good (but crowded), and go have a beer at the Bull ‘N Finch (aka Cheers) just to say you did.

If you have time, take the train to Harvard and walk around up there on campus.  Overall, I loved Boston.  The people can be a tad insufferable, but I will say this about the fans at Fenway.  As long as your a fan of the opponent, they may give you a tad bit of shit, but overall they were good fans, and we were there for playoff games.  We sat near Pesky’s pole in right field for both games and it was great.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited by PattyD22
Spelling

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

I like Legal Seafood. It’s a local chain (there are maybe 8-9?) but it’s good. And there’s a burger place right next to Fenway called Tasty Burger that is good. 

Also, don’t rent a car unless you really want to go far outside the city. Boston is the worst city I’ve ever driven in. Navigating is hard because there are a ton of non-perpendicular intersections. And the drivers are crazy. And any hotel in the city is going to charge you a ton to park. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

If you don't go to little Italy you are missing out. Pick any restaurant there and it is better than anything on the West Coast. 

While that way go Mikes and The Modern for Italian delicacies like Cannoli and other deserts. Mikes is crazy popular and The Modern crazy deliciously different.

Do not rent a car. There is little to no parking and it will cost you a fortune. Navigating Boston is next to impossible for tourist. Either invest in a trolley pass for the week which will take you basically everywhere, even Fenway, or Uber. 

In my head, I read this with a Bostonian accent. 

"Do knowt rent a cah. There is little tuh no pahking and it will cost you a fahtune.  Navigating Bahston..."