• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just booked a trip to Boston

Stradling

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

@Stradling

I recommend Salem as well.  I took a night tour there in the back of a hearse, which was pretty cool.  On the way to Salem stop in at the Peabody museum.

If you like museums,  the Isabella Gardner museum is very unique.  It is worth a look.  The JFK Museum is at the end of one of the train lines that run south of the city.

Further away are Old Sturbridge Village or in Connecticut Mystic Seaport Village and museum. 

And in Rhode Island the Mansions of the wealthy elite can be toured.

Ohhh shit now we're talking.

If you visit Old Sturbridge Village you will be passing Tree House Brewing on the way. I figured you didn't necessarily want to travel an hour plus outside of Boston but you literally have to stop there if you plan that particular visit.

3 hours ago, ScottT said:

I just booked flights to and from Houston for Opening Day.  Want to go back to Fenway someday... and enjoy Trillium, Tree House, etc..

Whoever said every seat in Fenway is a good seat is nuts unless they've revamped all of the seating in recent years.. One of the things I remember most is how small the seats were and how they weren't angled correctly.  

the seats are the perfect size!

* if you're a 9 year old.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thanks guys, so much awesome information.  The breweries might be tough, but not impossible.  I want 3 good restaurants for the 3 nights we are there.  

What's your food preference? Boston has a world-class restaurant for pretty much every culture. 

As for the brewery thing, you can definitely walk the 9 minutes to get to Trillium - Fenway from the park. Grab a couple beers before the game. If you don't do this you're a fucking asshole.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What's your food preference? Boston has a world-class restaurant for pretty much every culture. 

As for the brewery thing, you can definitely walk the 9 minutes to get to Trillium - Fenway from the park. Grab a couple beers before the game. If you don't do this you're a fucking asshole.

We will do Italian one night, steak house one night, and then something else.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We will do Italian one night, steak house one night, and then something else.  

La Famiglia Giorgio's for Italian, or Sorellina for more high end stuff (pricy as hell). Boston Chops for steak. Hmm...Saltie Girl for seafood? I went there once it's kind of small and has a bar atmosphere but the seafood is amazing.

Btw I'm obese so I know good food.

Do not rent a cah, unless it has Smaht Pahk.

Seriously, the T will take you anywhere you want to go, including to and from the airport. You'll have to listen intently when the call the stops, though, because they're all in Bostonian. "Kenmoah Squahr, this is your stop for Fenway Pahk!"

Go see the Paul Revere House, Old North Church, Bunker Hill, Faneuil Hall, Quincy (pronounced "Quinzee") Market, Freedom Trail, Samuel Adams Brewery tour, North End (& Little Italy), the Bull & Finch (the setting for "Cheers".

If you do rent a car, be aware, the drivers REALLY suck. But you can go to the Cape, Plymouth, New Hampshire (if you have enough time, try driving the Kancamaugus Hwy).