• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just booked a trip to Boston

Stradling

21 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

When I went, we pre-gamed at the Cask 'n Flagon bar, right across the street. Everyone there was already drunk, loud, obnoxious, but having a good time. It was fun if you like that sort of scene. Good place to go to observe the local Massholes. 

I concur with this. 

21 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Do not rent a cah, unless it has Smaht Pahk.

Seriously, the T will take you anywhere you want to go, including to and from the airport. You'll have to listen intently when the call the stops, though, because they're all in Bostonian. "Kenmoah Squahr, this is your stop for Fenway Pahk!"

Go see the Paul Revere House, Old North Church, Bunker Hill, Faneuil Hall, Quincy (pronounced "Quinzee") Market, Freedom Trail, Samuel Adams Brewery tour, North End (& Little Italy), the Bull & Finch (the setting for "Cheers".

If you do rent a car, be aware, the drivers REALLY suck. But you can go to the Cape, Plymouth, New Hampshire (if you have enough time, try driving the Kancamaugus Hwy).

If you drive the Kanc you will end up literally 2 minutes from where I currently reside. 

If you're up for a threesome I'm down. 

@Stradling if you're going to see the Paul Revere house do a Freedom Trail tour so you can see more and your guide can elaborate on the historical sites. There's also trams that take you around the city that you can hop on and off as you please. Hit up Regina Pizzeria in the North End for the best pizza in New England. A tour of Fenway is a must. They'll take you in the press box, on top of the monster and into the tunnels, dugouts and field. The Museum of Fine Arts is amazing and has some of Revere's silversmith collection along with paintings by Copley and others. Take the wife to Newbury Street for some shopping and lunch/dinner. Best views of the city are on top of the Prudential Center. Harvard is a short Uber away and it's a very nice campus with some shopping and food (think Goodwill Hunting having that lunch date). The Cheers bar sucks but whatever.

There's also a cool (i guess) bar inside of the green monstah. Have a beer there before the game to at least say you did.

Fenway is cool. They shut down all the streets around it a few hours before the game, and all the bars outside the park become part of the stadium, more or less. So you can barhop during the game if you like.

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If you drive the Kanc you will end up literally 2 minutes from where I currently reside. 

If you're up for a threesome I'm down. 

I just looked up photos of "The Kanc," and now driving that highway during fall is officially on my bucket list.

A threesome with tdawg isn't on the list

yet.

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

There isn't enough penicillin in the world.

maybe costco sells a drum of it.

but you wouldn't know because you're so selfish you only go there to buy things for yourself. i'm not very happy with you right now.

Just now, Tank said:

maybe costco sells a drum of it.

but you wouldn't know because you're so selfish you only go there to buy things for yourself. i'm not very happy with you right now.

Menopause is a bitch for you, ain't it?

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

I just looked up photos of "The Kanc," and now driving that highway during fall is officially on my bucket list.

A threesome with tdawg isn't on the list

yet.

Reference the highway in the fall. Amazing. Super, super crowded.

And time it right.... i went back TWO days later, and all the colors were gone (more or less)

On 2/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, gotbeer said:

https://www.thedonutmanca.com/

Waited 30 minutes on Superbowl Sunday to get some of their Strawberry donuts.  And the line was considered short.  Was worth it.

IMG_5793-728x300.jpg

had the strawberry one and didn't like the tartness of the strawberries against the sweetness of the donut. can't ever seem to get there when the peach ones are available.

but i'd crawl on my knees over broken glass to get the bavarian cream dipped in chocolate. for my money, that's the best donut i've ever had.