• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Sure, but why did he take it?

Because he was too dumb to know the difference between hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine phosphate? Or perhaps he was too fucking stupid to consult a doctor for medication instead self administering aquarium cleaner? Instead I guess it's the orange man's fault because feelz.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I’ve read that as far as hydroxychlorquine goes, it’s therapeutic benefits for covid19 are not well established.  But they have known for decades that if you have heart problems it can be a dangerous drug.  It’s not something to just take. 

obviously I understand that desperate sick people may want to try it.  But again, if you have an irregular heart beat or some other heart issue.  The drug can kill you.  That is clinically established.  Obviously they should continue to evaluate its benefits regarding corona virus. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Hydroxychloroquine may or may not be effective. There's a new study (an approximation of a study, really) out of France that shows about a 2% difference in outcomes in patients treated with the medication. In the group for which the data was studied,  the medication had to be discontinued in 9.5% of all of the patients receiving it due to alterations in their ECG, mostly due to QT prolongation. The median amount of time in which the medication had to be discontinued was about 4 days.

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Because he was too dumb to know the difference between hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine phosphate? Or perhaps he was too fucking stupid to consult a doctor for medication instead self administering aquarium cleaner? Instead I guess it's the orange man's fault because feelz.

Well yes, he was dumb. He decided to take the "orange man's" advice instead of consulting a professional. I agree.

I think the Ebola drug remvedivir(sorry I’m spelling this wrong I’m sure) that they think has shown the most promise as far as repurposed drugs.  But it’s not in large supply and again, it’s benefits are not well established.  The thing about hydroxychloroquine is that it’s a drug that is relatively abundant.  So it would great if it really worked broadly.  I hadn’t read what you saw @RallyMo.  If that’s all true, then it’s discouraging unfortunately. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Well yes, he was dumb. He decided to take the "orange man's" advice instead of consulting a professional. I agree.

The orange man was touting hydroxychloroquine. It's right there in the Web MD article that you posted.

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine," Trump tweeted Saturday.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I thinks the Ebola drug remvedivir(sorry I’m spelling this wrong I’m sure) that they think has shown the most promise as far as repurposed drugs.  But it’s not large supply and again, it’s benefits are not well established.  The thing about hydroxychloroquine is that it’s a drug that is relatively abundant.  So it would great if it really worked broadly.  I hadn’t read what you saw @RallyMo.  If that’s all true, then it’s discouraging unfortunately. 

It is, but it's not a proper study, really. It's an attempt to cobble together a study through data analysis.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

The orange man was touting hydroxychloroquine. It's right there in the Web MD article that you posted.

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine," Trump tweeted Saturday.

I'm not sure what you're trying to defend here.

https://www.medicinenet.com/chloroquine_aralen_vs_hydroxychloroquine_plaquenil/article.htm#chloroquine_aralen_vs_hydroxychloroquine_plaquenil_whats_the_difference

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I will want to be given the opposite of anything Trump tweets. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I thinks the Ebola drug remvedivir(sorry I’m spelling this wrong I’m sure) that they think has shown the most promise as far as repurposed drugs.  But it’s not large supply and again, it’s benefits are not well established.  The thing about hydroxychloroquine is that it’s a drug that is relatively abundant.  So it would great if it really worked broadly.  I hadn’t read what you saw @RallyMo.  If that’s all true, then it’s discouraging unfortunately. 

From what I've been reading, there are three drugs out there with great promise.

First is the Japanese drug.  That one might work similar to Tamiflu in the very early stages if you get the rona.

Then there is hydroxychloroquine which seems to work best if you have symptoms just short of hospitalization, or hospitalization as a precaution.  

Remvedivir seems to be the last resort drug.  When you have an IV already in you, and you are approaching ICU.  

Let me also note that none of these are cures.  I think in all three, they don't even kill the virus, but prevents them from replicating.  So your immune system has to be strong enough to fight off whatever you have.  

Cure won't come for another 7 months to never.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

But they are not hydroxychloroquine which is what Trump touted in his Tweet.

Right, but they're both being tested as potential drugs to treat Covid-19, and so far there's nothing to suggest they will be successful. Which is the crux of the entire issue here: Trump was touting a drug that has not been approved as a potential treatment for Covid. People are stupid enough to take his advice. And although they may be different drugs, it's easy enough to mistake them, especially if you're an idiot like 40% of the population.

If it ends up being something that successfully treats the disease, then props to him.

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It really does. Speaking of hospitals, how is your daughter doing?

Good, thanks for asking. I haven't seen her forever but my wife will drop off food outside her place and she sent her dog back with us for a while. Her hospital is doing the same and freeing up beds in case things hit the fan here, knock on wood, even though if Trump says open up tomorrow you know in TX I will need to die to save the economy. The hospital bed thing is simple, if not having hip replacement surgery for example won't kill you then here is some oxy and go home and stay in bed.  

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

LOL, "no screening."  No way you could call and say you bad orange man. It would be 100% of hi this in Kellyanne in Missouri, Hi Kellyanne from Ohio, oh another Kellyanne, Sarah from Arkansas, etc. and the praises would be infinite. And only one Sean would ever get patched through 

I could see them letting anyone call, and Trump dropping gratuitous MF bombs

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Right, but they're both being tested as potential drugs to treat Covid-19, and so far there's nothing to suggest they will be successful. Which is the crux of the entire issue here: Trump was touting a drug that has not been approved as a potential treatment for Covid. People are stupid enough to take his advice. And although they may be different drugs, it's easy enough to mistake them, especially if you're an idiot like 40% of the population.

If it ends up being something that successfully treats the disease, then props to him.

I guess every now and then darwinism thins the herd a litte.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I love that medication is now being politicized.

If it doesn't work right, you must be a libtard.

"iF iT dOeS wOrK yOu MuSt Be A tRuMpEr BoTh SiDeS" 

i wish we could return to the time when people weren't so friggin angry about everything and weren't always looking to cast blame, blame, and more blame. this has been going on far too long, and it's not just a trump/obama thing.

Just now, Tank said:

i wish we could return to the time when people weren't so friggin angry about everything and weren't always looking to cast blame, blame, and more blame. this has been going on far too long, and it's not just a trump/obama thing.

We live in a society

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Chloroquine (Aralen) vs. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) for COVID-19?
https://www.medicinenet.com/chloroquine_aralen_vs_hydroxychloroquine_plaquenil/article.htm#what_are_the_side_effects_of_chloroquine_and_hydroxychloroquine

Weird. It would appear Rita Wilson didn't just make this up because she TDS.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

Sounds boring.