• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

39 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's even better when CNN and Fox are attacking each other and their doofus fans then act like they're not exactly the same at this point.

Exactly. The hardcores on both sides have turned into WWF fans. 

At least AO balances his WWF stuff with obscure events from old games.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Yep. It's honestly and undeniably pathetic. These people should be ashamed of themselves, but they don't know any better.

I turn on the news at the work gym every night when i get off. I try to switch between the two. And all im looking for are updates.... relevant ones hopefully.

Whoever the dumb bitch is on Fox at 7pm is an idiot. So i try CNN.... that Lemon guy is an idiot.

Fox is all "open the economy, this is just a flu". Which is wrong. CNN is all "Trump f*cked a raw bat, and invested in theraflu in 2005, he probably caused this". 

Neither side is simply "this id where were at. Weve learned this about the virus. In other news XYZ". Its annoying as hell.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Whats also missing here is that the rest of the Roosevelt group is still up and ready, still forward deployed....with much more firepower than the chinese carrier group.... not including the surface fleet independent of the Roosevelt group.... and the MEU thats in the area.... which are all much further deployed than the chinese have anywhere near the capability to do.

China can flaunt here all they want. They routinely brag that they can take out our carrier groups, and that they are a waste of money (like the russians). And yet they are actively trying to build their own carrier fleet.

Now back to covid. 

China would get obliterated in a hot war. With the whole world livid at them it probably wouldn't be a solo effort by the US either. 

That being said, war is the last thing I want.

54 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sweet!

In all seriousness, this is one of the problems. People initially didnt take it seriously, because "its only old people". 

What this misses is that the more people its exposed to, the more it can change and adapt. 

Nobody cared about HIV when it was only gays getting it. Oh, and Haitians. Well, ok, now hemophiliacs. But i mean, so what, how many.... wait.... how did the hemophiliacs get it?

Now, aside from the fact HIV is global and has been rampaging for 30 years, theres also the problem that there are two strains, and multiple subtypes.

And for those who have forgotten HIV, because we've made it manageable, theres been at least two strains identified in the past decade that are far more aggressive than we had yet seen, and are resistant to meds..... 

If these strains go widespread....

39 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think we're getting once since we didn't file for 2019 yet. I'm seriously considering holding the check. Should be worth a shit ton of money in 25 years

If you got a refund in 2018, and used direct deposit, it will be sent automatically to your account. 

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

tom hanks and his wife have both recovered. apparently they've both donated blood so that scientists can look at antibodies and stuff like that that could possibly help in finding a cure/vaccine/whatever.

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/492702-rita-wilson-warns-she-experienced-extreme-side-effects-after

She felt the need to chime in with her expert medical opinion on the dangers of the bad Orange Man medicine 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I got one from the state this year for the first time in about 10 or 11 years. I don't remember the last time I got a federal one

i usually get a fed refund but have to pay the state.

effin' fascists.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I got one from the state this year for the first time in about 10 or 11 years. I don't remember the last time I got a federal one

I usually get a small refund from the State and owe $2-$4k to the feds

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/us/trump-radio-show-rush-limbaugh.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

I must admit...in some respects this would have been pure fucking gold

On a Saturday in early March, Donald J. Trump, clad in a baseball cap, strode into the Situation Room for a meeting with the coronavirus task force. He didn’t stop by the group’s daily meetings often, but he had an idea he was eager to share: He wanted to start a White House talk radio show. At the time, the virus was rapidly spreading across the country, and Mr. Trump would soon announce a ban on European travel. A talk radio show, Mr. Trump excitedly explained, would allow him to quell Americans’ fears and answer their questions about the pandemic directly, according to three White House officials who heard the pitch. There would be no screening, he said, just an open line for people to call and engage one-on-one with the president.

But unfortunately he decided against this...because he didn't want to compete with...Rush Limbaugh

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/coronavirus-report/492702-rita-wilson-warns-she-experienced-extreme-side-effects-after

She felt the need to chime in with her expert medical opinion on the dangers of the bad Orange Man medicine 

However, regardless of whether the drug worked, she said she thinks it caused "extreme side effects" that made her nauseous, dizzy and weakened her muscles.

If that's extreme, I've been having extreme symptoms every flu season.

28 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Rep Ben mcadams took it when he was hospitalized and it may have saved his life. Then he gave an interview knocking it because....well trump. 

Maybe there is a different article where he knocked it but this one is from April 6th. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/6/ben-mcadams-says-he-took-hydroxychloroquine-during/

“I guess I don’t know to say whether it helped or it didn’t — I think we should be trying everything we can to develop those therapies that are going to help people bounce back,” Mr. McAdams, Utah Democrat, said on Fox Business Network.

“I’m not saying it didn’t, I just know that I was sick for about eight days and ultimately got better,” Mr. McAdams said. “So I’m going to leave it up to the doctors and the scientists to say within the whole body of knowledge whether it worked, whether not taking [antibiotics] — maybe that was a factor in my treatment and what that means.”