• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

3 hours ago, red321 said:

On that note...Newsome outlines 6 goals to meet before restrictions are lifted

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-14/coronavirus-stay-at-home-gavin-newsom-california-order-goals

The administration highlighted six key indicators for altering his stay-home mandate, including the ability to closely monitor and track potential cases, prevent infection of high-risk people, prepare hospitals to handle surges, develop therapeutics to meet demand, ensure schools, businesses and child-care facilities can support social distancing, and develop guidelines for when to ask Californians to stay home again if necessary.

As @Adam said, we are never going to open back up.

monitor and track potential cases.  Unless everyone is willing to give the guberment the right to track you, I can't see any backlash to this one.

prevent infection of high risk people.  I don't even know if outside of eradicating this like polio how this is even remotely possible.  We've been fortunate with other virus' in that they are not easily transmittable, i.e. by blood or by butt fucking, or that they killed the host so fast that they weren't able to be transmitted socially.  I guess you could bubble boy every high risk person.  

prepare hospitals to handle surges.  Unless you are going to spend trillions on making hospitals bigger, you better have a plan b.  Kind of like the plan that Arnold had, but was scrapped by Brown.

therapeutics to meet demand.  Whatever that means.  If it means making more whiskey, vodka and beer, then I'm all for that therapy.

schools, businesses and child care facilities to support social distancing.  I guess if your kids go to private schools and are taken care of by a nanny this is easy.  For everyone else, hahahaha.

develop guidelines for when to ask calolfornians to stay at home again.  in other words, they want the power to contain you whenever they want.  

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

38 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You reap what you sow.

I truly don't understand those who claim that temporary abatement of mass assembly amounts to interference with religious freedom. 

Makes me glad that I belong to a faith with no ordained clergy to lead parishioners down the road to destruction.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't even know if outside of eradicating this like polio how this is even remotely possible.

As of now, it isn't. What eradicated polio was the development of an effective vaccine. Although scientists around the world are feverishly working to develop one, we don't currently have one.

37 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I truly don't understand those who claim that temporary abatement of mass assembly amounts to interference with religious freedom. 

Makes me glad that I belong to a faith with no ordained clergy to lead parishioners down the road to destruction.

Come on, 99% of churches are doing this correctly 

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They are, and those are not the ones that I am talking about. Most of them care about their parishioners, and they are offering alternatives to gatherings.

And yet, you've never felt the need to comment on the 99%

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I think it interferes with freedom of assembly. Even with churches closed people can still exercise their religious freedom. If someone claims this is violating religious freedom then they are merely virtue signaling 

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

By all means, let's cut ourselves off from anything that encourages international cooperation.

We received no cooperation from the Chinese government when this started and even now they stonewall any investigation. Let's cut ourselves off from enemies and not allow ourselves to be lied to when the world is at stake. 

The United States and the rest of the World can get along fine without China being part of profiteering only. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think it interferes with freedom of assembly. Even with churches closed people can still exercise their religious freedom. If someone claims this is violating religious freedom then they are merely virtue signaling 

i agree with this. our church and all the churches in the adventist system have been doing church online for the last month. it's not the same as meeting in person, of course, but it seems to be going pretty smoothly.

the ones who are pushing the boundaries by insisting on meeting in person are thumbing their nose at good sense and cooperating with authorities. probably a fair number of extremists involved (at least that would be my guess).

worshipping at home does not prevent you from having a meaningful worship experience. it's also not an indication of giving up your rights or suppression of rights.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

We received no cooperation from the Chinese government when this started and even now they stonewall any investigation. Let's cut ourselves off from enemies and not allow ourselves to be lied to when the world is at stake. 

The United States and the rest of the World can get along fine without China being part of profiteering only. 

Like this tweet when they are just spewing the Chinese Communist Party propaganda?

D8F5D5CC-66D1-45FA-AFD7-976A12D1FE5D.jpeg

Professor says coronavirus death rate likely much lower than first thought

Stanford University professor of medicine Dr. Jay Bhattacharya told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday that he believes the actual death rate from the coronavirus pandemic is "likely orders of magnitude lower than the initial estimates."

"Per case, I don't think it's as deadly as people thought," Bhattacharya told host Tucker Carlson. " ... The World Health Organization put an estimate out that was, I think, initially 3.4 percent. It's very unlikely it is anywhere near that. It's it's much likely, much closer to the death rate that you see from the flu per case."

"The problem, of course, is that we don't have a vaccine," Bhattacharya added. "So in that sense, it's more deadly and more widespread than the flu, and it overwhelms hospital systems, the ways the flu doesn't."

The professor predicted that forthcoming research would give scientstists and health officials a "much more accurate understanding of how widespread this is."

"It really seems like there's many, many cases of the virus that we haven't identified with the testing regimens that we've got around the world," he said. "Many orders of magnitude more people have been infected with it, I think. I think that we realize that ... means that ... the death rate is actually lower than people realize, also by orders of magnitude."

Bhattacharya told Carlson he was less afraid of the virus than when he began his research, adding that he hoped the improved numbers would help Americans deal with their fear of the virus.

"I'm hoping to get numbers in place," Bhattacharya said. "We'll be able to really sort of quell the fear that's out there."

CNN accused of 'literally publishing Chinese propaganda'

CNN is under fire for allegedly publishing "Chinese propaganda" in a report that cites a media outlet controlled by the Chinese government.

On Monday, CNN.com ran an article about China People's Liberation Army (PLA) supposedly having a foothold in the spread of the coronavirus in a branch of its military, running the headline, "China's PLA Navy is controlling coronavirus and aircraft carrier's deployment proves it, report says."

"A Chinese naval flotilla headed into the Pacific over the weekend, evidence that the People's Liberation Army Navy has done a much better job controlling coronavirus than the US Navy, according to a story posted on the PLA's English-language website," the article began. The aircraft carrier Liaoning led the group, which included two guided-missile destroyers, two guided-missile frigates and an auxiliary ship, according to the report from state-run tabloid Global Times."

The report goes on to compare China's Navy to the outbreak of the virus that took place on several US Navy aircraft carriers, including the USS Theodore Roosevelt, knocking the US military in the process.

"The PLA Navy has no such issues, Chinese military experts told the Global Times," CNN's article read.

The piece sparked an outcry on social media.

"Is @CNN actually publishing this #China Communist Party propaganda as news?" Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Missouri, asked.

"I'm horrified that CNN published this. Its literally a Chinese propaganda story," Washington Post columnist Isaac Stone Fish reacted.

"Wow. CNN article just straight up regurgitated Chinese propaganda," Daily Caller investigative editor Peter J. Hasson tweeted.

"Unvarnished Chinese propaganda, published by CNN," The Federalist publisher Ben Domenech declared.

The anti-Trump network has been under fire as critics have accused CNN and its journalists of shielding China amid growing suspicion of its handling of the outbreak as well as its data of reported cases and deaths from the virus.

On Tuesday evening, CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta was accused of being a "Chinese propagandist" for suggesting that China was being used by President Trump as a "scapegoat" over the virus outbreak.

cnn-accused-of-literally-publishing-chinese-propaganda-in-report-citing-chinas-state-run-media

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Like this tweet when they are just spewing the Chinese Communist Party propaganda?

D8F5D5CC-66D1-45FA-AFD7-976A12D1FE5D.jpeg

Well, it depends how forthcoming the Chinese government was to the WHO to know if they legitimately believed this,  but...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdydq/china-knew-about-human-to-human-transmission-of-coronavirus-but-waited-6-days-to-tell-the-world

The Chinese government can go straight to hell.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

CNN accused of 'literally publishing Chinese propaganda'

CNN is under fire for allegedly publishing "Chinese propaganda" in a report that cites a media outlet controlled by the Chinese government.

On Monday, CNN.com ran an article about China People's Liberation Army (PLA) supposedly having a foothold in the spread of the coronavirus in a branch of its military, running the headline, "China's PLA Navy is controlling coronavirus and aircraft carrier's deployment proves it, report says."

"A Chinese naval flotilla headed into the Pacific over the weekend, evidence that the People's Liberation Army Navy has done a much better job controlling coronavirus than the US Navy, according to a story posted on the PLA's English-language website," the article began. The aircraft carrier Liaoning led the group, which included two guided-missile destroyers, two guided-missile frigates and an auxiliary ship, according to the report from state-run tabloid Global Times."

The report goes on to compare China's Navy to the outbreak of the virus that took place on several US Navy aircraft carriers, including the USS Theodore Roosevelt, knocking the US military in the process.

"The PLA Navy has no such issues, Chinese military experts told the Global Times," CNN's article read.

The piece sparked an outcry on social media.

"Is @CNN actually publishing this #China Communist Party propaganda as news?" Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Missouri, asked.

"I'm horrified that CNN published this. Its literally a Chinese propaganda story," Washington Post columnist Isaac Stone Fish reacted.

"Wow. CNN article just straight up regurgitated Chinese propaganda," Daily Caller investigative editor Peter J. Hasson tweeted.

"Unvarnished Chinese propaganda, published by CNN," The Federalist publisher Ben Domenech declared.

The anti-Trump network has been under fire as critics have accused CNN and its journalists of shielding China amid growing suspicion of its handling of the outbreak as well as its data of reported cases and deaths from the virus.

On Tuesday evening, CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta was accused of being a "Chinese propagandist" for suggesting that China was being used by President Trump as a "scapegoat" over the virus outbreak.

cnn-accused-of-literally-publishing-chinese-propaganda-in-report-citing-chinas-state-run-media

Whats also missing here is that the rest of the Roosevelt group is still up and ready, still forward deployed....with much more firepower than the chinese carrier group.... not including the surface fleet independent of the Roosevelt group.... and the MEU thats in the area.... which are all much further deployed than the chinese have anywhere near the capability to do.

China can flaunt here all they want. They routinely brag that they can take out our carrier groups, and that they are a waste of money (like the russians). And yet they are actively trying to build their own carrier fleet.

Now back to covid. 

13 hours ago, well_red said:

I don't care for the guilt by association.  I'm about as liberal you can be but I think CNN is a shit stain on America.  I'd agree if it said they were "DNC Media."

CNN was always my go to. I think mainly because they were "first".

I still associate them with the first gulf war. And growing up, you had basically CBS news with Jennings and Rather, and CNN. Those were about the only options for in depth, international news stories (versus the local channels, who would have one minute for the same stories, then one minute for local weather, sports, etc).

But yeah... fast forward. Fox news lost me years ago with their slant, and CNN has kept right alongside of them with theirs.

To me both suck. You have maybe 10 percent of the stories about actual events now (on both sites). The other 90 percent are opinion pieces. This is the problem.

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

CNN was always my go to. I think mainly because they were "first".

I still associate them with the first gulf war. And growing up, you had basically CBS news with Jennings and Rather, and CNN. Those were about the only options for in depth, international news stories (versus the local channels, who would have one minute for the same stories, then one minute for local weather, sports, etc).

But yeah... fast forward. Fox news lost me years ago with their slant, and CNN has kept right alongside of them with theirs.

To me both suck. You have maybe 10 percent of the stories about actual events now (on both sites). The other 90 percent are opinion pieces. This is the problem.

It's even better when CNN and Fox are attacking each other and their doofus fans then act like they're not exactly the same at this point.