• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Chernobyl is thought to be the lynchpin that crushed the Soviets.you wonder if in time China has some sort of similar long term problem from this.

The younger generation was already clashing with the government. Aside from Russia and the Paks, most of their neighbors arent too fond of them. If say more info a coverup comes to light from this down the road, it'll be interesting to watch....

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Why is that?

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Why is that?

36 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah, why is that?

So I think his point was that the combination of incompetent crony “middle managers” like the guy that was in charge of the test at Chernobyl and a very strong impetus to hide fuck ups on many levels rather then confront them led to the disaster happening.  There were all kinds of pressures from different sectors that caused the guys running the test to fuck up.  For example, regional premiers needed the power plant running at 100% very quickly so they could ensure hitting their production quotas at various factories.  Apparently the pressure from these guys was massive.  Anyway, a lot of elements like that.  

as far as solving it.  I mean they basically told tens of thousands of guys “well, you’re probably going to die but go do this” and basically they just did. In addition the massive state resources thrown at it, almost immediately.  It’s difficult to see a that kind of mobilization being possible quickly in the obviously much more “free” west.  Or really anywhere.  Other then maybe China.  

it was quite a bit more detailed then what I’m saying here, but that’s the gist of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Still plenty of vehicular murders though.

@Spirit

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

its true truth GIF

A Team Exploited the Coronavirus Pandemic to Set a 26-Hour 38-Minute Cross-Country Record

Team allegedly sets new 'Cannonball Run' record on empty highways during coronavirus lockdowns

The average speed over the shortest route possible between the two points would be approximately 103 mph.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Is anyone else bummed that B. A. Baracus wasn’t a part of this story?

.... im not even making this up... when i first saw that posted a few hours ago, i was going to make an A Team joke, because i remember they drove from LA to Florida once in record time. But i figured no one would have any clue what the hell i was talking about.

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I appreciate Walmart’s (and others) efforts but there is literally no way of stopping this thing. Not only is everyone infecting each other in line waiting to get into the store but once they do get inside the virus is everywhere.

You can start each day with a relatively safe environment with proper disinfecting after closing and before opening.  But throughout the day the customers can infect the area.  

Virtually all disinfectants can kill the Corona Virus if used properly.  The one we have always used requires a ten minute “set time” after application.  Obviously disinfecting an area like Walmart would be more challenging but not impossible.  

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Virtually all disinfectants can kill the Corona Virus if used properly.  The one we have always used requires a ten minute “set time” after application.  Obviously disinfecting an area like Walmart would be more challenging but not impossible.  

Tbf Walmart should have implemented strict disinfecting procedures well before the Coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Tbf Walmart should have implemented strict disinfecting procedures well before the Coronavirus.

Yes.  And maybe they did.  We disinfect touch points every 4 hours, but even we did an extra one to start the day, for the associates sake.  

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Did they use pictures of Italian hospitals in the article? Say they’re burying bodies in city parks?

Im having a real hard time taking this sensationalist style of “journalism” seriously after all the fake news they’ve been caught reporting. 

I assume you watched the video because the primary piece here is a video.

Or do you think that video is fake... like the moon landing?

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Almost nobody ever actually lets disinfectant sit before wiping it off..... its meant to take its time and work, but everyone uses it like windex.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Ah, you don't have to be a subscriber, but no worries.

I'll help you out.

It's real.

Shit in New York is absolutely horrendous.

Ya that was terrible to watch. Something weird struck me about that video though. There didn’t seem to be a shortage of PPE and there were many unused ventilators grouped together. That hospital was getting slammed but it looked like they were well supplied.