• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Every store everywhere is reportedly out of hand sanitizer. I have one small bottle left.

My local Ralphs has some antibacterial soap left, but very little. 

Costco is selling out of toilet paper and all sorts of other non-perishables. People are thinking (panicking?) that they may be housebound for a long period of time. I don't think that's going to happen.

There's plenty of hand sanitizer available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hand+sanitizer&i=hpc&crid=GYGJTXLMYIH9&sprefix=hand+sanitizer%2Caps%2C197&ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_14

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Every store everywhere is reportedly out of hand sanitizer. I have one small bottle left.

My local Ralphs has some antibacterial soap left, but very little. 

Costco is selling out of toilet paper and all sorts of other non-perishables. People are thinking (panicking?) that they may be housebound for a long period of time. I don't think that's going to happen.

make your own...aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol. 

Biggest issue is people touching their face...so I would suggest you run out and buy some masks...not the medical style masks, leave those for the professionals. Mexican wrestling mask will probably work.

40 minutes ago, red321 said:

Biggest issue is people touching their face...so I would suggest you run out and buy some masks...not the medical style masks, leave those for the professionals. Mexican wrestling mask will probably work.

I don't understand this.

We've heard of like 6 people dying in a nursing home.  Were they elderly, on death's bed anyways?  Were they robust, but touching their faces all day?

There is like no real information going on

12 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I don't understand this.

We've heard of like 6 people dying in a nursing home.  Were they elderly, on death's bed anyways?  Were they robust, but touching their faces all day?

There is like no real information going on

Sorry, you are right, that wasn't very informative (nore meant to be)

Though to expand. One of the reasons they stress washing your hands as one of the best methods to ensure you don't catch the virus is because your hands are more likely to pick up the virus by touching something, and then touching your eyes, nose, mouth, etc. That's also why they are telling people to stop buying masks, for the average person it doesn't mean much, as compared to a medical professional who is working in close proximity, on a regular basis to people who are sick.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html

There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:

• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
  • Stay home when you are sick.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
  • Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
    • CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
    • Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to  others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
    • If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.

For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website

For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings

These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.

Just now, yk9001 said:

I want to know the specifics on who is dying.

I mean, even if it's only elderly people dying from it, it's still contagious and even though younger people probably won't die, they can still give it to people who can. Giving a hug to your gram gram, coughing near an old person at a bus stop, shaking Blarg's hand, etc...

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, even if it's only elderly people dying from it, it's still contagious and even though younger people probably won't die, they can still give it to people who can. Giving a hug to your gram gram, coughing near an old person at a bus stop, shaking Blarg's hand, etc...

You son of a ...

Amid coronavirus outbreak, Italy’s sporting events to take place in empty stadiums

Italian officials on Wednesday said all sporting events for the next month will take place in empty stadiums in an effort to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

The measure is expected to result in the Italian soccer league resuming in full this weekend after the calendar was pushed back a week.

The seats are empty as a precaution against the coronavirus at the San Siro stadium in Milan, Italy, during the Europa League round of 32 second leg soccer match between Inter Milan and Ludogorets.