• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

15 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

One. Exactly ONE case in the U.S. of coronavirus of unknown transmission origin, and stock futures are plunging tonight.

Another horrible day on Wall Street in store because of one patient in a country of 320 million people.

A bit of an overreaction I would say.

BUY ON THE DIPS

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

BUY ON THE DIPS

Goldman says the S&P could drop another 7% in the next week, others say there's no way to tell when the bottom will occur. We could see a 20-30% plunge before sanity returns. 

I think I'll wait a while and see what happens with this virus. There's a disturbing report that some people who caught it and recovered have now been re-infected somehow. We do not know much about this virus at all. There is no vaccine and no treatment for it. Even the tests are being rolled out very slowly with the usual bureaucratic holdups.

What I would like to see is one trading day where there's a big drop at the open and then a huge recovery at the end of the day. That's what happened on March 9, 2009 which signaled the bottom and the beginning of the 11-year bull market. There were no more sellers after the indexes had lost almost 50%.

18 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

One. Exactly ONE case in the U.S. of coronavirus of unknown transmission origin, and stock futures are plunging tonight.

Another horrible day on Wall Street in store because of one patient in a country of 320 million people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/california-is-monitoring-8400-people-for-the-coronavirus.html

missed it by 8,399

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Goldman says the S&P could drop another 7% in the next week, others say there's no way to tell when the bottom will occur. We could see a 20-30% plunge before sanity returns. 

I think I'll wait a while and see what happens with this virus. There's a disturbing report that some people who caught it and recovered have now been re-infected somehow. We do not know much about this virus at all. There is no vaccine and no treatment for it. Even the tests are being rolled out very slowly with the usual bureaucratic holdups.

What I would like to see is one trading day where there's a big drop at the open and then a huge recovery at the end of the day. That's what happened on March 9, 2009 which signaled the bottom and the beginning of the 11-year bull market. There were no more sellers after the indexes had lost almost 50%.

That dummy Kudlow said to buy on the dips on tuesday, about 6% ago.

Since Pence is on the case, I assume the administration plans to pray the virus away, or use leeches.

18 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

But but but I thought Trump made the economy invincible!

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

There's a difference in having the virus than just being monitored. I've read that there are 28 cases in CA though.

Right, but there's only one case of unknown origin, in northern California.

Someone has it who did not travel to China or came in contact with anyone from there, nor did he come into contact with any known infected person. They're trying to find out exactly how he caught it.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

You didn't read my post carefully.

One case of unknown origin. Someone who did not travel to/from China and had no contact with anyone from China, or any known infected person for that matter. 

At this point there's only one in California. 8,400 people are being 'monitored' and 33 I believe is the latest number of actual infections in California. But those are of known origins.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Like I've said, UCI needs to change their mascot, to anything other than an anteater.    Imagine the teasing they are getting from the opposing school's fans, mascot representing the starting of this crazy virus.  

All 700 at the UC Riverside game are really going to give it to him

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I watched UC Riverside beat Nebraska at Lincoln in November, and thought they may be something special.

Turns out, Nebraska just sucks.

They are usually true Bugaha in basketball, only 3 seasons in the past 21 where they've been at .500 or above in Big-12/Big-10 play.    And in many of those, waaaay under .500 

Edited by Angel Oracle