• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

39 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Maybe where you live it's ok to drink. But here in Arizona we all drink bottled water. Our water is bad. And to think we are right on the Colorado river.

Brita filters are the heat.

Edited by Taylor

1 hour ago, red321 said:

The thought re: water is that if the virus spreads it could impact the people who work at water facilities and if nobody shows up for work water service could be disrupted.  Realistic no. 

our garage is a mess, so I lost track of how much toilet paper we had...apparently bought tp 4 Costco trips in a row. 2 weeks ago wife is telling me...damnit, stop buying toilet paper. Now I’m the one laughing...going to start selling rolls on eBay. 

Like the time you snapped up all the closers in fantasy baseball.  Controlling supply.

The man lives one step ahead....

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Just about every market is out of toilet paper and bottled water. Doesn't make any sense. As far as the water goes, do they think the taps won't work?! 

Incredibly long lines at Costco. You could spend your whole day there and find the shelves empty by the time you actually get in the store. I'm not a member and won't join in the insanity. What the hell's wrong with people??!!

They all have phone alerts.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Say whaaaaa?!?! Just for this weekend?

I actually have a travel credit for a flight there I have to use before May. I wonder if the prices will hold up for a few weeks?

various weekends

just went up to ~$400 but its fluctuating

anyone driven from N Dakota this time of year?  wonder if its a good road

It can be snowed in at anytime. The Sunday I fly into Missoula it is forecasted for snow in Helena. I'm supposed to drive my Mom to Helena on the following Tuesday and that is definitely going to be weather permitting. This is the Northwest, you can't trust ten day forecasts. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

My wife went to the grocery store today and came ho.e with a case of water.

I asked her what happened. I thought there was a fun in the stuff.

She said they are stacked across the entire front of Albertsons.

Stater Brothers in LB has loads of water and plenty of toilet paper.

Great store and you don't need a stupid card to shop there.

24-pack of water for $2.99

There was no shortage of people at LAX or Nashville airports this weekend, although for the first time in a very long time, we had some empty seats on both legs of the trip (20 going out and 10 coming home today).

Friend of mine just flew to Hawaii last week and her flight looked like a private charter. More empty seats than passengers.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Uh, no need to stockpile water. Just buy a good filter -  the water system won't go down.

Started using a Brita filter after one of my kidney stone surgeries. I think it’s been helpful. 

Buying bottled water doesn’t really make sense to me for this virus.

And FYI.  I went to the track, and it was dead.  Usually it's hard to find tables.  Not today. 

I also went to a microbrew afterwards.  Usually it's impossible to find tables on a weekend evening.  There were plenty of tables open.  

Seems people are already letting this virus control their lives.

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

And FYI.  I went to the track, and it was dead.  Usually it's hard to find tables.  Not today. 

I also went to a microbrew afterwards.  Usually it's impossible to find tables on a weekend evening.  There were plenty of tables open.  

Seems people are already letting this virus control their lives.

What track?

San Francisco takes the panic to new levels, barring ALL non-essential events from public places for two weeks.    Overreact much, S.F.???? 

People, the mortality rate is only 1% higher than the flu, and that's with there being a flu shot.

Take normal precautions like washing after going to the restroom, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and don't touch your mouth/nose/eyes?   Of course

Don't panic!   Live your lives.

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

San Francisco takes the panic to new levels, barring ALL non-essential events from public places for two weeks.    Overreact much, S.F.???? 

People, the mortality rate is only 1% higher than the flu, and that's with there being a flu shot.

Take normal precautions like washing after going to the restroom, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and don't touch your mouth/nose/eyes?   Of course

Don't panic!   Live your lives.

I don't know about that. If that shit gets into their homeless population while they shit everywhere it could get really bad. Then again it may thin out that population of homeless. 

just saw this. I think that's an Episcopal church.

“BREAKING: A D.C. priest has Coronavirus. He offered communion and shook hands with more than 500 worshipers last week and on February 24th,” tweeted ABC7’s Sam Sweeney.

“All worshipers who visited the Christ Church in Georgetown must self-quarantine. Church is cancelled for the first time since the 1800’s.”