• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

So, just got this alert on my phone that a Carnival Cruise ship is docked in Long Beach. A person was removed from the ship in a "respiratory suit" and taken to a hospital where he is being tested for coronavirus. Several thousand passengers and crew are being held on the ship pending the test results.

Why the hell would you take a cruise in this present environment?! What the hell's wrong with people?!

My uber guy last night was talking about how dead it is. A bunch of my buddies flew out of LAX the other day and said it was dead. Pretty crazy how overboard some people are going w this.

I still bravely hooked up w a random girl I met last weekend last night. That which doesnt kill us, and all that. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My uber guy last night was talking about how dead it is. A bunch of my buddies flew out of LAX the other day and said it was dead. Pretty crazy how overboard some people are going w this.

I still bravely hooked up w a random girl I met last weekend last night. That which doesnt kill us, and all that. 

What was zir name?

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

So, just got this alert on my phone that a Carnival Cruise ship is docked in Long Beach. A person was removed from the ship in a "respiratory suit" and taken to a hospital where he is being tested for coronavirus. Several thousand passengers and crew are being held on the ship pending the test results.

Why the hell would you take a cruise in this present environment?! What the hell's wrong with people?!

I guess the question is what the fuck is wrong with you that you have phone alerts for this shit? That is a real deep paranoia.

They booked the cruise 6 months to a year in advance off the coast of California. There would be no refunds for a cancellation. Why would they not go when there was literaly no incidents in the State reported up to a week before they departed. 

You need to get a grip.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'm scheduling a flight to Montana to see my mom and take her to visit her sisters grave after missing the funeral last April. I can't really see any reason to forego the visit since I won't have the opportunity to do this with her the rest of the year and she deserves some closure. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm scheduling a flight to Montana to see my mom and take her to visit her sisters grave after missing the funeral last April. I can't really see any reason to forego the visit since I won't have the opportunity to do this with her the rest of the year and she deserves some closure. 

I heard the flights on Alaska Airlines are cheap AF right now. I also heard that Bozeman real estate is on the rise (for now).

The Saudis closed the causeway to incoming traffic. Anyone coming from Bahrain or UAE (the pathways from Iran) is being routed through 3 airport screening areas before entry which means I'm stuck on the non-alcohol side for the time being.

My preschool kid is super pissed that she can't go to her school and hang out with the other little snot-nosed pathogen farms.

My high school kid is sitting home at least 3 more weeks and doing some online busy work that the school puts out online.

My wife has to work from home which means that by the time I'm able to get back over there someone in that house may already be a casualty of the estrogen wars

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

They've probably had it booked for a long time, and I doubt it's refundable. I wouldn't cancel my paid-for vacation over this*.

*Unless it was to China

Edited by Taylor

On 3/4/2020 at 7:45 AM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Hopefully this thing is like the flu and will disappear by May so we don’t have to hear about this damn thing and deal with all the fear mongering until November. I need a break from all the hysteria and panic. How is having 5 cases of Costco toilet paper going to help anybody? This is insane

11EA62FB-E9F8-4752-AB5E-E31EE46E9CE4.gif

Just about every market is out of toilet paper and bottled water. Doesn't make any sense. As far as the water goes, do they think the taps won't work?! 

Incredibly long lines at Costco. You could spend your whole day there and find the shelves empty by the time you actually get in the store. I'm not a member and won't join in the insanity. What the hell's wrong with people??!!

The thought re: water is that if the virus spreads it could impact the people who work at water facilities and if nobody shows up for work water service could be disrupted.  Realistic no. 

our garage is a mess, so I lost track of how much toilet paper we had...apparently bought tp 4 Costco trips in a row. 2 weeks ago wife is telling me...damnit, stop buying toilet paper. Now I’m the one laughing...going to start selling rolls on eBay. 

Someone said TP gets shipped on cargo ships from China. Sounded like bullshit to me. Not really seeing a shortage around here.

As for water, I never drink bottled water unless I have no choice. We live in the US, the tap is fine 99.9% of the time. Yes I know about Flint.

My parents told me when I was a kid that drinking water from the tap in a different state could make me sick. At the time I believed them but now it sounds like they were fucking retarded.

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

As for water, I never drink bottled water unless I have no choice. We live in the US, the tap is fine 99.9% of the time. Yes I know about Flint.

Maybe where you live it's ok to drink. But here in Arizona we all drink bottled water. Our water is bad. And to think we are right on the Colorado river.

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hero