• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Come on.  In the history of aw.com posts not making sense, this ranks right up there.

So you really believe that the video of the trash cans is so overwhelming that it would have held up if that was his evidence?  I have watched a handful of the videos and heard nothing.  I watched one or two and heard something.  Although I didn’t read a ton about it I did read that people were saying the videos were doctored, so you’d have to get the live feed from Fox Sports or whoever does the broadcasts.   It would have to be indisputable and it would then still fall on the manager and the GM because it isn’t like you are getting the players doing it to admit it without immunity.  So you go after the manager and GM because it is happening on their watch.  I think the at bat I saw where I could hear the trash can was Evan Gattis, at least that is who I think it was.  So if you don’t get admission and if you have videos of different batters, but no video of the actual dude hitting the trash can, who do you suspend?  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you really believe that the video of the trash cans is so overwhelming that it would have held up if that was his evidence?  I have watched a handful of the videos and heard nothing.  I watched one or two and heard something.  Although I didn’t read a ton about it I did read that people were saying the videos were doctored, so you’d have to get the live feed from Fox Sports or whoever does the broadcasts.   It would have to be indisputable and it would then still fall on the manager and the GM because it isn’t like you are getting the players doing it to admit it without immunity.  So you go after the manager and GM because it is happening on their watch.  I think the at bat I saw where I could hear the trash can was Evan Gattis, at least that is who I think it was.  So if you don’t get admission and if you have videos of different batters, but no video of the actual dude hitting the trash can, who do you suspend?  

You're insane.  I mean you really think the videos of the trashcans  - the multitude of trashcans - are doctored?  Is that what you're telling me?

Here’s is what is being billed as the first player apology. It is by Keuchel. It is a pathetic apology, more of a rationalization. The writer seems to screw up one of the quotes so maybe there is more there but it can’t be that much. Glad this dude isn’t our pitcher. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/amp/First-Astros-player-apology-comes-from-former-15002535.php?__twitter_impression=true

On 1/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, Stradling said:

You should watch the videos from Jomboy. Not only are they damning and interesting, but rumor has it he’s hilarious.

6 hours ago, GregAlso said:

Here’s is what is being billed as the first player apology. It is by Keuchel. It is a pathetic apology, more of a rationalization. The writer seems to screw up one of the quotes so maybe there is more there but it can’t be that much. Glad this dude isn’t our pitcher. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/amp/First-Astros-player-apology-comes-from-former-15002535.php?__twitter_impression=true

What an awful read.  He seemed to spend more time condemning the whistleblower than owning up to the bs.   They might be better off not apologizing than following Keuchel's lead.

Not sure if this was posted before.  But this part really struck me as odd, and might be why the Doggie players are so quiet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862733-nationals-planned-for-astros-possible-sign-stealing-during-2019-world-series

Svrluga reported the Nationals also developed more elaborate signs for their playoff matchups against the Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals to protect themselves.

*edit.  The next line was also interesting.  A former player of a team would know.  And one player does come to mind, who was on the Doggies.

"It was mainly because we thought we had heard some whistling," Menhart said. "Did we really hear it? Whether you do or you don't, just to put those thoughts in our minds is dangerous. So we just said, 'Let's nip this now.'"

Edited by gotbeer

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

What an awful read.  He seemed to spend more time condemning the whistleblower than owning up to the bs.   They might be better off not apologizing than following Keuchel's lead.

It really was awful. Yeah, if this is what they believe an apology is then they are probably better off not apologizing. What’s even worse is the comments that article got from Astros fans on twitter. Things like “you don’t have to apologize”, “look he apologized and everyone just piled on him”, and even telling the writer of the story that “he should go join the Yankees because of his terrible take in the story.” I mean the responses from some of them are equally pathetic. 

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not sure if this was posted before.  But this part really struck me as odd, and might be why the Doggie players are so quiet.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862733-nationals-planned-for-astros-possible-sign-stealing-during-2019-world-series

*edit.  The next line was also interesting.  A former player of a team would know.  And one player does come to mind, who was on the Doggies.

I hope that bottom quote wasnt during darvish or ryu's starts 😞

I honestly believe the Astros front office are better minds than we all think in regards to damage control.  Their players are already tainted to an extent.  If they start coming out and talking about how they cheated or feeling bad about it, those players’ values will drop much more.  Right now, we don’t know.  Once the season starts we will see how the bats look, they probably won’t be too bad, but in the mean time, if the Astros want to trade, they’ll have teams offering a bucket of daisy sunflower seeds for George Springer (not that Springer would be traded).

Whit Merrifield is not happy.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/02/astros-sign-stealing-worse-than-steroids-royals-whit-merrifield-claims-in-rant.html?outputType=amp

"Going back to 2018, I’m going to consider myself an All-Star (that season) with all this stuff that’s come out about the Astros because Jose Altuve took my spot that game,” Merrifield told clubhouseconversation.com on Jan. 23. “So we’ll put an asterisk by 2018. And top of it, we’ll just go and throw in a Silver Slugger for good measure.”