• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dallas Keuchel signs with the White Sox (3 years, $55.5 million)

mmc

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

and you complain about too many things.

The majority of this fan base truly deserves the trash product the Angels have been putting on the field. Excuse me for wanting to see this team actually take advantage of having the best player to ever play the game on its roster 

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

unless you have some knowledge that he either didnt, or we made a similar offer, the point is moot. 

when someone who could help the angels ends up signing elsewhere, there's a crowd here that wants to find blame in our front office for not signing that player. there are multiple reasons why a player chooses team A over teams B, C, or D. You and I are generally not privy to those reasons and discussions. To assume that our front office simply dropped the ball, especially without any evidence, is fan frustration.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

when someone who could help the angels ends up signing elsewhere, there's a crowd here that wants to find blame in our front office for not signing that player. there are multiple reasons why a player chooses team A over teams B, C, or D. You and I are generally not privy to those reasons and discussions. To assume that our front office simply dropped the ball, especially without any evidence, is fan frustration.

More times than not that reason is money. Keuchel didn’t receive some outrageous contract. We’ve seen this play out enough times now with Eppler to validate our frustrations. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

And assuming they did everything they could in the face of poor results is equally as egregious.
Why am i wrong and your right when neither one of us knows?  Results matter, weve gone thru this too many times in recent years... damn right im frustrated.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

And assuming they did everything they could in the face of poor results is equally as egregious.
Why am i wrong and your right when neither one of us knows?  Results matter, weve gone thru this too many times in recent years... damn right im frustrated.

you have a right to be frustrated. especially when the two aditions they have made have no track record ow EVER WINNING  anything in their careers

21 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

i dont know why you guys are so dead set against Happ. he went 19-8 in a year and a half in NY in their band box and he takes the ball every 5th day and in the last 4 years hes won more games than Kluber and Keuchel as well

For the same reason the Yankees think he is no longer needed.

1 minute ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

you have a right to be frustrated. especially when the two aditions they have made have no track record ow EVER WINNING  anything in their careers

No i dont think thats true at all, sorry.  hes painted himself into a tight spot with few outs but the parts hes added arent bad, hes just missed out on a lot that would have been better.

Just now, floplag said:

No i dont think thats true at all, sorry.  hes painted himself into a tight spot with few outs but the parts hes added arent bad, hes just missed out on a lot that would have been better.

Your narrative is not totally true. Eppler is not in a tight spot, and he has not missed out on anything. The players he targeted opted to sign somewhere else. Again, the pitching staff currently constructed in December will probably not be the same staff pitching the second half of the season.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

Eppler has been around for 5 offseasons.  The only starting pitcher he has brought in that has had any impact on our club has been 10 Ohtani starts.  He’s had more than enough chances to fix the damn rotation and he’s screwed around and done nothing.  The front office isn’t to blame for individual pitchers choosing not to sign with us.  They’re to blame for doing jack shit to address this problem for 5 fucking years.

Not heartbroken over this. 

First, I don’t really want Keuchel. I’d have been fine with signing him, but I feel like we need something better. That’s Ryu.

Keuchel got 3 years with a vesting option. Ryu is older and less durable. That gives us a better shot at an incentives laden deal. Same agent, after all.

Alternatively, Eppler could still be monitoring the trade market. I’d be good with that, too.