• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dallas Keuchel signs with the White Sox (3 years, $55.5 million)

mmc

Just now, Bill Neftleberg said:

i dont know where youre getting your stats from he had a 1.391 whip at home and a 1.195 on the road. and a 286 batting average against at home versus.226 on the road. but believe what you want

I got my information from reading his HR and AB statistics.  That's how you get HR/AB. 

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Eppler has been around for 5 offseasons.  The only starting pitcher he has brought in that has had any impact on our club has been 10 Ohtani starts.  He’s had more than enough chances to fix the damn rotation and he’s screwed around and done nothing.  The front office isn’t to blame for individual pitchers choosing not to sign with us.  They’re to blame for doing jack shit to address this problem for 5 fucking years.

okay.

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Your narrative is not totally true. Eppler is not in a tight spot, and he has not missed out on anything. The players he targeted opted to sign somewhere else. Again, the pitching staff currently constructed in December will probably not be the same staff pitching the second half of the season.

Its not a narrative.
There have been a number of guys that would have helped and now the market is all but evaporated. 
Any trade he might try to make his leverage is at best reduced as he cannot simply go back to FA for an answer.
You act like im making that up, im not. 
If anything you are the one using narrative making assumptions about what he may or may not have done without facts in evidence. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

I got my information from reading his HR and AB statistics.  That's how you get HR/AB. 

but thats affected by facing way more batters at home due to the higher whip is it not? and a much higher batting average against at home

when you ignore context you get stupid conclusions

but as i say believe what you wish

Just now, floplag said:

Its not a narrative.
There have been a number of guys that would have helped and now the market is all but evaporated. 
Any trade he might try to make his leverage is at best reduced as he cannot simply go back to FA for an answer.
You act like im making that up, im not. 
If anything you are the one using narrative making assumptions about what he may or may not have done without facts in evidence. 

Helped is relative. Keuchel would have provided depth. That’s fine, but it isn’t really what we need. 

1 minute ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

but thats affected by facing way more batters at home due to the higher whip is it not?

when you ignore context you get stupid conclusions

but as i say believe what you wish

29 more ABs faced on the road.

you really should look up the stats before taking such a grandiose stance.

8 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Eppler has been around for 5 offseasons.  The only starting pitcher he has brought in that has had any impact on our club has been 10 Ohtani starts.  He’s had more than enough chances to fix the damn rotation and he’s screwed around and done nothing.  The front office isn’t to blame for individual pitchers choosing not to sign with us.  They’re to blame for doing jack shit to address this problem for 5 fucking years.

Here, this one even has lotion built in so it's less evasive on your skin when you wipe your tears.

0003600050140_0_A1C1_1200.png

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Helped is relative. Keuchel would have provided depth. That’s fine, but it isn’t really what we need. 

Not when youre talking about a guy that would have been better than anyone we currently have not named Ohtani's potential.   Thats not relative.
No hes not winning any Cy Youngs... but 100% was a large upgrade. 
Its moot im over it, the time has passed... I hope Epp has something resembling a plan left. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Here, this one even has lotion built in so it's less evasive on your skin when you wipe your tears.

0003600050140_0_A1C1_1200.png

Yeah how dare I expect our GM to build a pitching staff that doesn’t finish worst in the league within 5 years?

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

We're not paying Ryu. The model is very clearly one year deals and reclamation projects only. Better hope the prospects all crush it this year

I agree, this has been clear for the past few years.

I expect another short term SP signing, if anything, and then bank whatever excess for the trade deadline.

8:12 pm: Keuchel’s fourth-year option will vest if he pitches at least 160 innings the last two years (2021 and 2022), according to a tweet from Bob Nightengale of USA Today (link). It is unclear if that is the total number he needs to pitch across those two seasons or the threshold he needs to surpass in each campaign

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Yeah how dare I expect our GM to build a pitching staff that doesn’t finish worst in the league within 5 years?

Fair enough but he had zero room to spend the first three of those years and really the only guy worth losing sleep over last year was Corbin.  You can say he missed on value plays last year like Miley, and that too would be fair but outside of this year he's not really been in a position where he had the dollars to impact the rotation.   

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

8:12 pm: Keuchel’s fourth-year option will vest if he pitches at least 160 innings the last two years (2021 and 2022), according to a tweet from Bob Nightengale of USA Today (link). It is unclear if that is the total number he needs to pitch across those two seasons or the threshold he needs to surpass in each campaign

So four year deal.... 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Fair enough but he had zero room to spend the first three of those years and really the only guy worth losing sleep over last year was Corbin.  You can say he missed on value plays last year like Miley, and that too would be fair but outside of this year he's not really been in a position where he had the dollars to impact the rotation.   

While true, thats actually part of the frustration.  They clearly didnt HAVE to wait, they chose to wait, that might be even worse.   Fortunately most of the FA and such in recent years havent panned out so in hindsight its easy to defend.