• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Boras and Adell

Stradling

Would any of you consider trading Adell for fair value, in my mind a front line starter or possibly one of the young studs from the Padres, simply to avoid the headache later with Boras being his agent?  I do not mean selling low on him, but rather fill a need with a pitcher you can build around going forward at the cost of Adell.  I will say that Adell certainly seems to be an outstanding human and this may not be anything to worry about.  Just curious what others think or if this has even been something that you have considered.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Would any of you consider trading Adell for fair value, in my mind a front line starter or possibly one of the young studs from the Padres, simply to avoid the headache later with Boras being his agent?  I do not mean selling low on him, but rather fill a need with a pitcher you can build around going forward at the cost of Adell.  I will say that Adell certainly seems to be an outstanding human and this may not be anything to worry about.  Just curious what others think or if this has even been something that you have considered.  

Walker Buehler. And the Dodgers won’t part with him. Any young pitcher that would make sense teams won’t part with so I don’t see a reasonable trade.

I think letting Calhoun go was the torch being passed to Adell in RF. I think the team goes slow with him unless he tears up spring training. He's going to fill a position of need.

I'm also of the ilk that I'd rather have a guy that plays everyday versus getting rid of that guy for someone that plays once every five days. But pitching also wins games.

I'd have to see the package. I also say that mathematically speaking that most prospects don't pan out and to move them for proven talent. So it's an open, but I'd really have to win the trade.

I can respect the no votes.  I am not usually someone who thinks like this, but I'm fairly frustrated right now.  

We have bigger things to worry about... like will Arte raise the cost of parking now that he owns the stadium?

I can respect the no votes.  I am not usually someone who thinks like this, but I'm fairly frustrated right now.  

I think we all are. Billy and Arte have really ran themselves into a corner. It’ll be interesting how they try to fix it.

For the right guy that you could build around, yes of course i would its silly to say you wouldn't.   No prospect is untouchable in the right deal, period. 
That having been said if were talking straight up there are very very few that come to mind i might consider, the aforementioned Buehler for example. 

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Jo Adell will be cost controlled for at least  6 years and likely 7 so I don't think Scott Boras is a factor in the process at this point.

correct however my thoughts were finding the Adell version of a pitcher where you have 5 plus years of control.  

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

Walker Buehler. And the Dodgers won’t part with him. Any young pitcher that would make sense teams won’t part with so I don’t see a reasonable trade.

@Stradling, i asked the same thing in another thread. Personally... Id be open to it. Just not sure what pitcher qualifies.

Walker would be the model. A young, effective frontline starter with years of control.

But like @Bronson says here, i doubt the dodgers would do that. Which those opposed to the idea should consider.

No. People need to stop with this Boras is the devil shit. He literally does what his clients want. Weaver signed for less than market value and he was a Boras client. Boras is not the enemy he is the broker he is the agent. The client is the player. If you want to stop dealing with Boras fine, but he represents a lot of the best players in baseball and does a great job at it. Stop blaming Boras blame the player or the owner for not wanting to go the extra mile. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I am asking similar question.  I fully understand not wanting to trade away a great young prospect, especially when the Angels have had so little in the minors for so long.

Everyone I think is a hard pass on trading Adell at the deadline for a rental, no matter who it is.

But I don’t get the hard “no” on trading him for a stud young pitcher when the team needs a controllable stud young pitcher more than it needs a controllable stud slugging outfielder.

I don’t get it.

Just don’t make the wrong deal.