• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zack Wheeler signs with the Phillies (5 years, $118 million)

mmc

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

None of those are great options. Arte really needs to open his pocketbook. 

Opening your pocketbook doesn't really equal/guarantee great options either.  You try to mitigate potential issues as best you can but there is no guarantees either way.  Do you sign a guy like Bumgarner to a 5 year deal, who has been injured and had declining peripherals, or trade for a 1 or 2 years of Samardzija or Kluber?  Do you commit a 6 or 7 year deal to a 32 year old Strasburg or trade some solid prospects for Ray and try to resign him?

It was always understood that Cole was likely going for 7 years, maybe 8, due to age and recent performance and durability...but he's kind of the 1A option with everyone at varying degrees of questionablility.

Just now, True Grich said:

I would of liked to have seen Wheeler sign with the Angels.... but at five years and $118 million... not so much.

I feel like Im gona have to dig up my post from the Grandal thread where I mentioned that we could say "..but at ___ years and ____ million..." for every single signing this offseason.

Will the "but at..." crowd be happy come spring training when our biggest additions are non-roster invitees? 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I feel like Im gona have to dig up my post from the Grandal thread where I mentioned that we could say "..but at ___ years and ____ million..." for every single signing this offseason.

Will the "but at..." crowd be happy come spring training when our biggest additions are non-roster invitees? 

I'm a huge fan of non-roster invitees.  I'm hoping to get my invite this year.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lol exactly. Why are people so fucking worried about the money? ITS NOT YOURS!!!! We had plenty of money to get Cole and Wheeler at that price. 

1 minute ago, Bronson said:

Lol exactly. Why are people so fucking worried about the money? ITS NOT YOURS!!!! We had plenty of money to get Cole and Wheeler at that price. 

It's pretty funny. I was in the small minority of not happy about the Pujols deal and almost got ran out of here for bring a Debbie Downer from the not your money crowd. Now it's flipped.