• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Winter Meetings

greginpsca

18 hours ago, Barb said:

Like Mike Trout, as a very long time Angel fan, this year all signs point to significant deals. It’s frustrating to read that Ken Rosenthal says Cole to the Phillies. It’s time this year to acquire real quality starting pitching. After all these years, there are two things that will turn me toward the Yanks-no quality deals and dealing Jo Adel.( Marsh probably should be kept too).For those who disagree, they would have traded 19 year old Mike Trout as well. I am tired of buying MLB at bat, only to lose interest a short time later, after looking forward to seasons start. Imagine how Mike Trout feels.

This pretty much sums up me from March-July.

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not gonna lie.  I find every day that they haven’t signed Cole very irritating.  Hurry the fu*ck up Arte.  Kidnap Boras’s grandchildren or something. 

You know that ultimately an agent does what the player wants, right? If Cole wanted to sign by now he already would have signed.

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

You know that ultimately an agent does what the player wants, right? If Cole wanted to sign by now he already would have signed.

Assuming he's gotten offers yet. Teams could be waiting to get a feel for this year's market. The last couple of years have been so weird, especially for pitchers, that I could see a lot of teams worrying about overpaying.

If Cole doesn't sign before the Winter meetings, Boras is going to turn it into a circus. He will have Heyman running around clucking about rumors of multiple mystery teams, unexpected teams, etc.. I wouldn't expect a signing before January for any of Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, or Rendon.

55 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

If Cole doesn't sign before the Winter meetings, Boras is going to turn it into a circus. He will have Heyman running around clucking about rumors of multiple mystery teams, unexpected teams, etc.. I wouldn't expect a signing before January for any of Cole, Strasburg, Wheeler, or Rendon.

Did anyone actually think he'd sign before the WM? I'd say during the WM would be the absolute earliest he'd sign. 

On 12/1/2019 at 5:58 PM, Barb said:

Like Mike Trout, as a very long time Angel fan, this year all signs point to significant deals. It’s frustrating to read that Ken Rosenthal says Cole to the Phillies. It’s time this year to acquire real quality starting pitching. After all these years, there are two things that will turn me toward the Yanks-no quality deals and dealing Jo Adel.( Marsh probably should be kept too).For those who disagree, they would have traded 19 year old Mike Trout as well. I am tired of buying MLB at bat, only to lose interest a short time later, after looking forward to seasons start. Imagine how Mike Trout feels.

Mike can't be feeling too bad.  After all he had his destiny in his hands when he turned down free agency to stay with the Angels