• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Winter Meetings

greginpsca

On 12/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not gonna lie.  I find every day that they haven’t signed Cole very irritating.  Hurry the fu*ck up Arte.  Kidnap Boras’s grandchildren or something. 

But does he even like his grandkids?

He always drags out winters anyway. Hed let his grandkids rot tied to a chair just to skip christmas gifts, then start the negotiations after the after christmas sales were over.

Id do the same. With his grandkids.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

On 12/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, Halodays said:

Mike Trout just signed an extension for a boat load of cash so he must have faith in the direction the Angels are headed.

The money he got was great, but he could have got that money and possibly more elsewhere so he must be confident we will turn things around soon.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:11 PM, Don said:

Assuming he's gotten offers yet. Teams could be waiting to get a feel for this year's market. The last couple of years have been so weird, especially for pitchers, that I could see a lot of teams worrying about overpaying.

Fletcher said to sign the best free agents teams will absolutely have to overpay. Just by the fact that a team is willing to give something more, either in dollars or years than every other team is willing to give is the very definition of overpaying...

On 12/1/2019 at 5:58 PM, Barb said:

After all these years, there are two things that will turn me toward the Yanks-no quality deals and dealing Jo Adel.( Marsh probably should be kept too).

Sorry, but nothing that the front office does or doesn't do would ever make me a Yankee fan. I might not agree with their decisions, they may even upset me,  but I became a Yankee hater at a very young age, and change isn't happening.

23 minutes ago, Lou said:

yes.

and he's not always about the money.

I don't think money is going to be the differentiating factor because the Yanks and Angels are probably going to be in the same range when all is said and done.  

Another factor that could come into play is the fact that he was on the Astros.  He knows how much they did or did not rely on cheating and probably has a better idea of how he thinks it will impact them going forward.  Right or wrong, his perception of that impact could sway whether he thinks the halos will have a better chance at winning the division.  

The biggest advantage the Yanks have over the Angels is that they're a better team overall.  But he has to know that when you get to the playoffs it's not just about having the better team.  So in the end, it's not just about who's better, but the odds of getting to the post season in the first place.  Eppler isn't going to be able to convince Cole that the Angels are a better team and shouldn't try, but what he can convince him of and likely what he was able to convince Ohtani and Trout of is that with the addition of him, they'll have almost as good of a chance to get to the post season.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Cole's wife will take care of this for us

I think wearing that Boras cap was pretty significant. I personally thought it was rude but calculated. He’s going to play for the team that pays him the most money and incentives. The Angels, Yankees and Dodgers all have an equal opportunity to do that. There is no favorite. The most lucrative deal will get him. There is no secret recipe. 

Wearing the hat was total bullshit.  

We have no idea if the most lucrative deal will get him.  All the deals will be close enough and will be generational money.  Now obviously if one team blows the other away then yea, that can trump everything else.  It isn’t like he doesn’t want to play for the Yankees or the Angels, so if one offers him an extra year and an extra $50 million it very well could be the deciding factor.  But if he wants to be here and his wife wants to be here then I don’t think an extra million or two a season will be the difference.  

59 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Wearing the hat was total bullshit.  

We have no idea if the most lucrative deal will get him.  All the deals will be close enough and will be generational money.  Now obviously if one team blows the other away then yea, that can trump everything else.  It isn’t like he doesn’t want to play for the Yankees or the Angels, so if one offers him an extra year and an extra $50 million it very well could be the deciding factor.  But if he wants to be here and his wife wants to be here then I don’t think an extra million or two a season will be the difference.  

Wearing that hat and saying that he was no longer an employee of the Houston Astros was a message Strad. He was letting everyone know that he is a Boras client and that’s who you need to through to get him. That’s how it has played out so far. Boras is using his media hacks while Cole has remained silent. 

Keep in mind that bonus money incentive payouts are huge and many times are dependent on the teams overall performance. Run support can help him get wins. Wins can help him get multiple Cy Young awards, playoff money, All Star appearances. All that stuff adds up. 

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

I think wearing that Boras cap was pretty significant. I personally thought it was rude but calculated. He’s going to play for the team that pays him the most money and incentives. The Angels, Yankees and Dodgers all have an equal opportunity to do that. There is no favorite. The most lucrative deal will get him. There is no secret recipe. 

But remember, The Yankees aren't going to sign him. 

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Wearing that hat and saying that he was no longer an employee of the Houston Astros was a message Strad. He was letting everyone know that he is a Boras client and that’s who you need to through to get him. That’s how it has played out so far. Boras is using his media hacks while Cole has remained silent. 

Keep in mind that bonus money incentive payouts are huge and many times are dependent on the teams overall performance. Run support can help him get wins. Wins can help him get multiple Cy Young awards, playoff money, All Star appearances. All that stuff adds up. 

Yea all of this was known before he put on the hat. 

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Sorry, but nothing that the front office does or doesn't do would ever make me a Yankee fan. I might not agree with their decisions, they may even upset me,  but I became a Yankee hater at a very young age, and change isn't happening.

I will hate them less if they decide to move on from Cole and we end up signing him.