• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Winter Meetings

greginpsca

Nonsense. Billy brought in a couple of relievers already. Nobody here knows their names without looking them up, but they're there. 

And I can almost guarantee you they both are in the following situation: great numbers in AAA, lots of strikeouts and a mid-90's fastball. But no success in the major leagues yet.

But knowing Billy's success on no-name relievers, this will turn out great.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Nonsense. Billy brought in a couple of relievers already. Nobody here knows their names without looking them up, but they're there. 

And I can almost guarantee you they both are in the following situation: great numbers in AAA, lots of strikeouts and a mid-90's fastball. But no success in the major leagues yet.

But knowing Billy's success on no-name relievers, this will turn out great.

There’s a greater than zero chance one of them will be pitching in the 2020 World Series. 

Like Mike Trout, as a very long time Angel fan, this year all signs point to significant deals. It’s frustrating to read that Ken Rosenthal says Cole to the Phillies. It’s time this year to acquire real quality starting pitching. After all these years, there are two things that will turn me toward the Yanks-no quality deals and dealing Jo Adel.( Marsh probably should be kept too).For those who disagree, they would have traded 19 year old Mike Trout as well. I am tired of buying MLB at bat, only to lose interest a short time later, after looking forward to seasons start. Imagine how Mike Trout feels.

18 minutes ago, Barb said:

Like Mike Trout, as a very long time Angel fan, this year all signs point to significant deals. It’s frustrating to read that Ken Rosenthal says Cole to the Phillies. It’s time this year to acquire real quality starting pitching. After all these years, there are two things that will turn me toward the Yanks-no quality deals and dealing Jo Adel.( Marsh probably should be kept too).For those who disagree, they would have traded 19 year old Mike Trout as well. I am tired of buying MLB at bat, only to lose interest a short time later, after looking forward to seasons start. Imagine how Mike Trout feels.

Mike Trout just signed an extension for a boat load of cash so he must have faith in the direction the Angels are headed. After all these years you're ready to jump ship? After all these years I'm excited that the Angels have an owner who is willing to open his check book and a farm system that's on the rise. Good times are coming but if the Yankees look more appealing then by all means jump on that bandwagon.

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Rosenthal’s predictions are rarely accurate, and his point was simply that it isn’t certain Cole is coming to California. He’s going where he gets the most money. 

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

Cole was a lock to take the $4M out of high school.

I'm not one for gambling much. But, I'd have made the same decision if I were him. Barring injury, he was going to get his shot at major league baseball regardless. And so by attending UCLA, he was not only receiving world class baseball instruction and developmental time, he was also earning a degree and opening up the possibility of making significantly more money in three years. 

There was very little downside in his decision to honor his commitment to UCLA. I'd advise most prep pitchers to do the same, depending on a case by case basis. For position players, it's a little different. If they're drafted in the first round, it's smart to sign. But later round picks, I'd recommend go the collegiate route.

Edited by Second Base

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Nothing would ever make me stoop so low.

5 hours ago, Barb said:

Then don’t buy MLB At Bat and get cable...