• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Concept Uniforms for the Angels

halonatic13

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yeah... Pads with their 1969 logo and Reds 1953-1967 logo on their sleeves.

I guess for us it’s kind of difficult considering most of our throwback logo’s include CA or something very similar to what we have now. So maybe Nike chose to go with the winged A for our alternates to keep the California name out of it and to give us something different on one jersey.

Hope not. That whole design should be trashed and forgotten. It was the worst design I’ve ever seen across the board. I hated, hated, hated it. The thought of going back to it on any level makes me want to puke. 

Looking through my personal archives, I found a number of magazines from the Angels first season, 1961.

The players were all expansion rejects from other teams. Normally they are pictured in their uniforms, but since the Angels hadn't been out on the field yet, they had to show the profiles hatless.

A bit of nostalgia from thec1961 Sports Illustrated baseball issue and other magazines.P_20191113_152351_vHDR_On.jpg.cde388fb98fd3825613fcd74f6962d28.jpg

P_20191113_141130_vHDR_On_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Looking through my personal archives, I found a number of magazines from the Angels first season, 1961.

The players were all expansion rejects from other teams. Normally they are pictured in their uniforms, but since the Angels hadn't been out on the field yet, they had to show the profiles hatless.

A bit of nostalgia from thec1961 Sports Illustrated baseball issue.

P_20191113_141130_vHDR_On_1.jpg

Can you send a picture of the front of the magazine.  I think this would be something cool to buy.  

On 11/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

How about the baby blue with some white lettering and accents and yellow circles all the way around the hats. Lets take it up a notch and look like complete idiots on the field.

Oh we don't need weird uniforms to look like complete idiots on the field.

1 minute ago, Duren, Duren said:

I'll dig through the magazines later. Many are missing covers though. When I was a kid I ripped them off to make posters and put in scrapbooks. But I'll see what I have.

Do you remember the name of the program they sold at the stadium during that time?  

I hate those blue uniforms that a bunch of teams wore in the 80s. Not sure if that's where the Twins one comes from, but that's what it reminds me of.

I do dig the old school twin cities logo for the Twins, though.  They have a giant light up version at Target Field.

4 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I hope Nike doesn’t fuck up our uniforms. They’re good as is. Maybe add a gold halo like on the 2010 uniforms but that’s it.

Nike doesn't own the trademark.  I'm pretty sure the Angels do.  So any changes would come from the organization.

24 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i guess nike is doing some kind of slow reveal of all the teams uniforms?

Sure seems like it. Would like to think they’ll release everyone’s before Christmas for a quick cash grab but who knows.

@Jeff Fletcher have you heard anything regarding the release of their Nike jerseys?

I think for teams like the Angels who aren't making any changes, uniform "reveals" would be pretty pointless.

As for any changes, for the most part, it isn't broke; no need to fix. The one small change I would endorse would be changing the halo from silver to gold/yellow. I have a 2011 5950 cap among my Angels collection and it really does look nice.

So if i have this right, were basing all of this on two things, the clearance sale someone reported and the new nike designs that were released... but there is so far no indication of any actual new uniforms coming, correct?
I hope they do, good time for it if they are going in with both feet to win.