• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Concept Uniforms for the Angels

halonatic13

I genuinely don’t get what the deal is with people that continue to insist that the uniform be changed.  The red cap and white jerseys should remain primary home jersey.  If you want to make the red one the away and get rid of the grey.  Fine.  Personally I like the grey roads and would prefer those to the red, but whatever red or grey.  

if fans want to have something new it should only be the 3rd jersey.  It seems like a pretty good consensus of people seem to like something inspired by the 70’s and 80’s look.  Maybe that would be cool if it was modernized quite a bit.  They just look very aged otherwise. 

I think that not being just another shade of blue is an important branding tool for the team.  The Dodgers are blue.  That’s it.  The Angels have spent the last 20 years making red the Angels thing.  It would be dumb to abandon that.  I think in baseball building brand identity is important.  More so in a lot of ways then the other sports.  You don’t do that changing uniforms and colors and logos.  

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

SICK. 

I really hope this happens. I like more of the blue on the hat. 

Love the classic look. 

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. The uniforms are not terrible, they just aren't good either. But it's good to keep the red, because our geographical rival is Dodger blue.

Just adding some dark shade like navy blue and tweak the font a little. Still largely the same uniform, just updated for the first time in 20 years. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

I hope so, i for one have never liked the all reds.  
That look is who we are as an organization, its what i always think of when this comes up.
It doesnt need to look exactly like the olds, update it a little, modernize it whatever but that basic idea with the blue red needs to come back. 

I have never liked uniforms that have lettering and numbers the same color as the jersey either.

Meh

Just go back to this jersey top... it's considerably better than anything else we've ever worn.

ly10rr-b78905359z.120120118193315000gd414t80l.1.jpg.7ba0a223c35b5645846a8192ac4c9959.jpg

The modern font is just an early 2000's take on this font anyway. They are similar enough that most people probably don't notice but this one is a more timeless look.

These are just ok. I was a big fan of the navy blue CA uniforms from the early 90’s. 

I would do Red and White as the primary home uniform. All whites for alternate/Sundays.

Red and Gray as the primary road uniform. 
Navy Blue and Gray for the Road alternate, with a Red Cap.

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Meh

Just go back to this jersey top... it's considerably better than anything else we've ever worn.

ly10rr-b78905359z.120120118193315000gd414t80l.1.jpg.7ba0a223c35b5645846a8192ac4c9959.jpg

The modern font is just an early 2000's take on this font anyway. They are similar enough that most people probably don't notice but this one is a more timeless look.

I like this one as well.

Basically, I like a little blue with the red.

Also, I like Mike Trout.

43 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Meh

This has been my favorite uniform. 

I would bring back the halo on top of the hat like they had in the 60s. I loved the uniqueness of that.