• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels players with no trade clauses

Glen

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, all the Upton and/or Cozart trade packages need to stop...these guys are here in 2020.

Unless Cozart cannot perform and he's cut in ST. More likely he'll just go on the 60-day IL but yeah, he's here. kinda

Upton has been a very good player over his career so he gets a pass after last season's injury riddled season where he couldn't seem to get his shit right after missing nearly 3 months. 

He's a guaranteed 30-HR, 90-100 RBI guy with a .260/.340/.500 guy when he's healthy. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Unless Cozart cannot perform and he's cut in ST. More likely he'll just go on the 60-day IL but yeah, he's here. kinda

Upton has been a very good player over his career so he gets a pass after last season's injury riddled season where he couldn't seem to get his shit right after missing nearly 3 months. 

He's a guaranteed 30-HR, 90-100 RBI guy with a .260/.340/.500 guy when he's healthy. 

Yeah, Cozart is likely done so not even counting on his contribution.

As for Upton, I'm fine with him and don't .260/.340/.840 is out of the realm of possibility.  All these trade proposals that include him though seem to forget he has a no trade clause.  He's got to want to go and I don't he, not the Angels for that matter, are ready to give up on their partnership. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

He doesn’t need one anymore. He’s a 10 and 5 so it’s automatic. He also has an untradeable contract 

At least untradeable for another year.    If Marsh and Adell are here to stay and kicking butt by the close of the 2020 season, they may have no other alternative but to find a trade partner that Upton would be amenable to going to, with part of the salary going with him.

It seems likely that Upton can't play 1B, and Ohtani needs at least half of the DH starts.   Doesn't leave much room for Upton by 2021.    

Anyway, there is a good chance he can rebound this season, as long as he stays away from running into fences.

Edited by Angel Oracle

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

At least untradeable for another year.    If Marsh and Adell are here to stay and kicking butt by the close of the 2020 season, they may have no other alternative but to find a trade partner that Upton would be amenable to going to, with part of the salary going with him.

It seems likely that Upton can't play 1B, and Ohtani needs at least half of the DH starts.   Doesn't leave much room for Upton by 2021.    

Anyway, there is a good chance he can rebound this season, as long as he stays away from running into fences.

My post was about Pujols before the merge of threads

47 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

DH Upton the three games a week Ohtani doesn't DH.  Play Pujols at 1b until he drops!

I understand that no-trade clauses are a part of today’s negotiating process but they do abandon all leverage for the future with that player. It’s not a good business practice. Didn’t the Marlins offer Albert more money without a no-trade clause which killed the deal. That ended up being a good business decision for the Marlins. 

No-trade clauses are a stupid practice but MLB teams will continue to allow the players to call the shots. 

15 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I understand that no-trade clauses are a part of today’s negotiating process but they do abandon all leverage for the future with that player. It’s not a good business practice. Didn’t the Marlins offer Albert more money without a no-trade clause which killed the deal. That ended up being a good business decision for the Marlins. 

No-trade clauses are a stupid practice but MLB teams will continue to allow the players to call the shots. 

I am not picking on you but these kinds of posts are kind of dumb.  Every contract negotiation is different and whatever details end up in one contract exist because the TWO parties decided to agree on it.  A contract without a no trade clause almost certainly would cost more money and then the complaint is the team overpaid.

The vast majority of the time the player simply wants a say in where he plays next rather than going to bed every night wondering if that is his last day on that team.  No trade clauses normally come at free agency after they have already lived that uncertainty for a decade their minors and majors career.

No trade clauses are not one sided.  They provide a key piece of control needed in many cases to land the player you want.

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am not picking on you but these kinds of posts are kind of dumb.  Every contract negotiation is different and whatever details end up in one contract exist because the TWO parties decided to agree on it.  A contract without a no trade clause almost certainly would cost more money and then the complaint is the team overpaid.

The vast majority of the time the player simply wants a say in where he plays next rather than going to bed every night wondering if that is his last day on that team.  No trade clauses normally come at free agency after they have already lived that uncertainty for a decade their minors and majors career.

No trade clauses are not one sided.  They provide a key piece of control needed in many cases to land the player you want.

I understand your reasoning but in the game of life, most players have like a 3-8 year baseball life window after free agency so does it really matter who or where they collect their $10M - $30M per? They can live anywhere they want for the next 60 years after that. 

Edited by Calzone 2

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

I understand your reasoning but in the game of life, most players have like an 3-8 year baseball life window after free agency so does it really matter who or where they collect their $10M - $30M per? They can live anywhere they want for the next 60 years after that. 

You are looking at it exactly backwards.  The more money I earn the MORE I want to control where I live and where my family lives.

And if I am going to earn “stupid money” I would rather earn slightly less stupid money and control my own life.

What good is money if you can’t control your own life?

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

You are looking at it exactly backwards.  The more money I earn the MORE I want to control where I live and where my family lives.

And if I am going to earn “stupid money” I would rather earn slightly less stupid money and control my own life.

What good is money if you can’t control your own life?

nailed it the office GIF