• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels organization in 2019. You hate to see it.

We weren't just last, we were last by a mile.

It's one thing to fail, it's another entirely to fail so spectacularly.

And for good measure, the best player on the planet got hurt under our watch, the most interesting player on the planet got hurt while rehabbing under our watch, we fired our first new manager in two decades after only one year, or top healthy pitcher died, and now we have a drug investigation because a club official provided the drugs and now says 5 other players are doing drugs as well.

Eat a dick, 2019.

The Angels went years without drafting or developing their high draft picks. Hopefully Adell, Marsh and Canning, Adams and Wilson pan out. 

As far as the organization, there seems to be a disconnect between the front office and the team. People need to step up and take responsibility for the club’s failures. Carpino, Eppler and Swanson in particular. The PR department should be gutted and hire a new director who can manage the department and promote a zero tolerance policy when it comes to any transgressions. Arte may need to get more involved in the everyday business (not baseball decisions). 

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

And for good measure, the best player on the planet got hurt under our watch, the most interesting player on the planet got hurt while rehabbing under our watch, we fired our first new manager in two decades after only one year, or top healthy pitcher died, and now we have a drug investigation because a club official provided the drugs and now says 5 other players are doing drugs as well.

Eat a dick, 2019.

other than that, it went pretty well.  

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

Eat a dick, 2019.

43 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

other than that, it went pretty well.  

At least we got to listen to Gubi call matt harvey the dark knight a few times. 

And the robles intro is legit AF

I always find it tricky to evaluate minor league records since players are shuffled between levels and also called up to the bigs to fill gaps due to injuries. The farm system is much better than it was even a few years ago, so I'm not going to put too much stock in the total organizational record. 

13 hours ago, Second Base said:

Eat a dick, 2019.

Yeah but the weather was mostly nice.....

I think we're going to see a huge year on the farm in 2020. That we 'stalled' in 2019 isn't a total surprise. We graduated a lot of talent. And the farm took such a ridiculous leap forward in 2018 with breakout years from so many players, it was hard for 2019 to measure up. 

But 2020 could be big. I think we could see a repeat of 2018, the year Adell broke out, the year Ward and Thaiss started looking like they'd at least reach the bigs, the year Fletcher exploded, the year Rengifo emerged as a top prospect (for us, at least), big years from Hermosillo and Walsh, the year Suarez and Canning moved up three levels and Sandoval arrived...

We could see something similar this year.

• Yan and Soriano could start the year in A+ and be in AAA for a taste by end of the year.
  • Jones will be in a prime hitting environment in a deep line-up. 
  • Marsh and Adell might OPS 1.000+ in the PCL. 
  • Bradish, Beasley, Criswell, Tyler, Lind, Lee, Molina, Herrin, Higgins, Brady, Warren, Hernandez, Wantz, Ortega, possibly Rodriguez should all see time in at least AA next year, basically putting any of them onto the MLB depth charts. 
  • An entire wave of arms is at most a year behind them - Duensing, Chatham, Alvarado, Swanda, Pina, Sykes 
  • And a whole new wave of college arms will make their debut - Stallings, Peek, Daniel, Linginfelter, Brnovich Crow
  • Kevin Maitan, Adrian Rondon, Livan Soto, Will Wilson and Jordyn Adams all could turn in big years offensively moving to the Cal League. All they need is plus-offensive numbers to explode in prospect value. 
  • Deveaux, Knowles, Aquino, Jackson, Franco, Rivera should all move out of rookie ball, big years will solidify their prospect status. 
  • Paris, Holmes, Kochanowicz, Vera, Ramirez, Placencia - most of these haven't even really played yet...

The Angels didn't have a lot of players readily able to make a mark in 2019, but that changes next year with a whole bunch of talent 1) moving into full-season ball and 2) younger players moving into 'advanced' ball - A+ and AA and 3) a lot of extremely young players either arriving stateside or finally playing rookie ball on a regular basis. If we replicate some of the 2018 breakouts, the Angels farm could be viewed vastly different this time next year.

7 hours ago, John Taylor said:

I always find it tricky to evaluate minor league records since players are shuffled between levels and also called up to the bigs to fill gaps due to injuries. The farm system is much better than it was even a few years ago, so I'm not going to put too much stock in the total organizational record. 

W/L record at the minor league record really only matters to the individual minor league owners that still need to sell tickets.   The Angels have been aggressively promoting guys and putting development ahead of everything else -- lots of guys who were among the youngest at their levels..   If they held guys back or lumped all the better prospects together at one level we likely see better team results but less benefit to the actual player.   What this does show is that while the farm has improved its still very top-heavy.   The W/L will improve as guys who are considered fringe prospects turn into organizational type players and minor league veterans or the overall depth improves to where they finally are whole, and fill all the organizational black holes....  SP, C, etc etc...I

Still feels like a kick in the dick, though.

14 hours ago, Second Base said:

Eat a dick, 2019.

super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I LOVE SNOW!!!

I have a love hate relationship with it. I love sledding, snowboarding, playing in it, my son loves it and it's pretty. But I live in Northern California, where snow is a yearly occurrence, but it's not something or infrastructure is built to withstand much of. So when we get a lot of snow, it means power outages. 

So I live in a place where they shut off power if it gets a little breezy, or if it gets too dry, or if it snows. Pretty much they shut power off for no reason at all....all the effing time. I can't stand So-Cal anymore, but now PG&E is making Nor Cal unbearable. 

I'm gonna have to move in with @Chuckster70 in the PNW.

this is just a reminder of how bad things really were for a fairly extended stretch.  

To use an analogy, most systems are anywhere from a small town to a good sized suburb that ebbs and flows from one to the other and anywhere in between depending on external circumstances that allow for that community to thrive or stagnate.  But by and large, they all maintain some semblance of infrastructure with basic creature comforts that allow for a reasonably functional way of life even if they're not bustling.  

Starting as early as 2005, our town started suffering and while it was far from a roving metropolis, it was sort of functional.  In 2009, we found some gold in a nearby stream but then shortly thereafter a bomb went off in the center of the main area and the degenerates came and looted any remaining resources.  When Eppler showed up it was basically a few remaining residents like a small commune living in a van down by the river with the no running water or electricity.  What was previously a city had been burnt to the ground by looters and the bomb I mentioned (Clay Daniel, Dipoto, Arte, Reagins, Ric Wilson etc.).  

Eppler has reestablished power and water and built some nice structures.  There are a couple of kids at the local high school who are clearly better than everyone by a shit ton.  Like that stud linebacker you see playing for Bama who came from that town of population 190.  There's a Target and a Jersey Mikes and they are building a Vallarta Market.  There's a billionaire venture capitalist who's originally from there and he still has a property in town that he visits once in awhile and he dumps money into the community to help build it up but just his name alone has attracted others.  They had a small drug problem for awhile but hopefully that's been cleared up.  

26 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

this is just a reminder of how bad things really were for a fairly extended stretch.  

To use an analogy, most systems are anywhere from a small town to a good sized suburb that ebbs and flows from one to the other and anywhere in between depending on external circumstances that allow for that community to thrive or stagnate.  But by and large, they all maintain some semblance of infrastructure with basic creature comforts that allow for a reasonably functional way of life even if they're not bustling.  

Starting as early as 2005, our town started suffering and while it was far from a roving metropolis, it was sort of functional.  In 2009, we found some gold in a nearby stream but then shortly thereafter a bomb went off in the center of the main area and the degenerates came and looted any remaining resources.  When Eppler showed up it was basically a few remaining residents like a small commune living in a van down by the river with the no running water or electricity.  What was previously a city had been burnt to the ground by looters and the bomb I mentioned (Clay Daniel, Dipoto, Arte, Reagins, Ric Wilson etc.).  

Eppler has reestablished power and water and built some nice structures.  There are a couple of kids at the local high school who are clearly better than everyone by a shit ton.  Like that stud linebacker you see playing for Bama who came from that town of population 190.  There's a Target and a Jersey Mikes and they are building a Vallarta Market.  There's a billionaire venture capitalist who's originally from there and he still has a property in town that he visits once in awhile and he dumps money into the community to help build it up but just his name along has attracted others.  They had a small drug problem for awhile but hopefully that's been cleared up.  

opening bills GIF

32 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I have a love hate relationship with it. I love sledding, snowboarding, playing in it, my son loves it and it's pretty. But I live in Northern California, where snow is a yearly occurrence, but it's not something or infrastructure is built to withstand much of. So when we get a lot of snow, it means power outages. 

So I live in a place where they shut off power if it gets a little breezy, or if it gets too dry, or if it snows. Pretty much they shut power off for no reason at all....all the effing time. I can't stand So-Cal anymore, but now PG&E is making Nor Cal unbearable. 

I'm gonna have to move in with @Chuckster70 in the PNW.

I'll leave the light on and the door is unlocked to my downstairs unit. It's fully equipped with a bedroom, bathroom/shower and as I said, gym. So you have to spot me every now and then bro when I invade your private space. Other than that, you get to live on the river and the power is always on here. 

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Eppler has reestablished power and water and built some nice structures.  There are a couple of kids at the local high school who are clearly better than everyone by a shit ton.  Like that stud linebacker you see playing for Bama who came from that town of population 190.  There's a Target and a Jersey Mikes and they are building a Vallarta Market.  There's a billionaire venture capitalist who's originally from there and he still has a property in town that he visits once in awhile and he dumps money into the community to help build it up but just his name alone has attracted others.  They had a small drug problem for awhile but hopefully that's been cleared up.  

collection mind blown GIF