• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

Just now, Kevinb said:

This is a blast. Keeps baseball in the news. Boras knows how to keep baseball entertaining. It's almost equivalent to the NBA off season. This is great keep it up Boras. Making baseball great again. 

Except in the NBA, 90% of the free agents are signed in the first two days.  So in that sense it is nothing like the NBA.

Just now, Stradling said:

Except in the NBA, 90% of the free agents are signed in the first two days.  So in that sense it is nothing like the NBA.

True. So it's more exciting. I hope no one signs till late January. What happens when they sign? People stop paying attention to baseball. KEep baseball in the headlines for as long as possible. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

True. So it's more exciting. I hope no one signs till late January. What happens when they sign? People stop paying attention to baseball. KEep baseball in the headlines for as long as possible. 

Yea, I’d rather stop paying attention than pay attention to nothing happening.

Yea, I’d rather stop paying attention than pay attention to nothing happening.

Things are happening. This is the fun process. It's all negotiating and trying to one up each other. I wish we got even more updates. Love these kinds of negotiations. Let's hope Arte wins a couple of them. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Things are happening. This is the fun process. It's all negotiating and trying to one up each other. I wish we got even more updates. Love these kinds of negotiations. Let's hope Arte wins a couple of them. 

Yes, we get updates that may or may not be true, most are misdirection.  We don’t really know what is happening, because nothing is happening.  

No, rough night of sleep, 4 hours of meetings after a day of meetings yesterday.  Those days are mentally draining.  

Get a nice work out in, hot shower and be ready for the next set of them. Hopefully all good stuff man. I know the feeling in and out of meetings all day the last couple weeks. Can't wait for some vacation coming up at the end of next month. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, rough night of sleep, 4 hours of meetings after a day of meetings yesterday.  Those days are mentally draining.  

I read meetings with Cole were 6 hours long.  You got shorted two hours! Get back in there.

Edited by True Grich

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yes, we get updates that may or may not be true, most are misdirection.  We don’t really know what is happening, because nothing is happening.  

I just wish we got more updates with where the progress was on the dealings. Who offered what and where the counters were. Wish we had baseball insiders like basketball has its Woj. 

I don’t know if this will make people feel better but no matter what I think we are getting Cole or Rendon.

So no matter what we are either getting the best pitcher in the game or one of the best hitters in the game.

Moreno will AT LEAST get one of them.