• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Well, that’s less encouraging. 

Seems to push back on the “Arte is all in” and “will do whatever it takes” narrative. The suggestion seems to be that there’s still very much a budget and if Cole is too much they won’t get anything else. 

So much for Eppler having no spending restrictions. 

Are we seriously bitching about the ability to bring on two $20 million a year players?  

3 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Seems to push back on the “Arte is all in” and “will do whatever it takes” narrative. The suggestion seems to be that there’s still very much a budget and if Cole is too much they won’t get anything else. 

Every team/organization/business works under a budget. To suggest otherwise is just not how it works in the real world. 

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

I think it's more likely that Eppler didn't want to get into a stupid line of questions (i.e. "How about multiple $25M players? How about multiple $30M players? Would you buy Cole a private island if he asked?", etc...).

Just now, Stradling said:

He didn’t say his budget was $40 million.  

Just now, Don said:

I think it's more likely that Eppler didn't want to get into a stupid line of questions (i.e. "How about multiple $25M players? How about multiple $30M players? Would you buy Cole a private island if he asked?", etc...).

Just now, Sean-Regan said:

Sure. And it’s true that Eppler always says a lot without actually saying much of anything. His public statements mean little.

For a FO that’s so tight-lipped, it could be that Eppler is negotiating with a couple guys in the $20-$25m range...if he says they can afford to go higher, those teams/agents will be emboldened to ask for more. 

It was his way of signing we can sign multiple impact players, nothing more. 

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

For a FO that’s so tight-lipped, it could be that Eppler is negotiating with a couple guys in the $20-$25m range...if he says they can afford to go higher, those teams/agents will be emboldened to ask for more. 

It was his way of signing we can sign multiple impact players, nothing more. 

Probably. Speculation online is that Cashman and Eppler have made final offers and Cole is making his decision now. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

Probably. Speculation online is that Cashman and Eppler have made final offers and Cole is making his decision now. 

It sort of sounds like it, but i thought the dogs were meeting w boras, and we were going after? 

I know boras has multiple FAs right now, but I guess I sort of assumed the cole sweepstakes were still being talked about.

Just now, Kevinb said:

How would a package deal work with two separate entities? Just because they have the same broker doesn't mean either client will take less...

Well maybe both are asking us to improve before they commit which lead to the Cozart trade to free up money.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think thats what were all hoping, but seems far fetched.

Its almost like were waiting for cole to decide so we can make an offer to rendon.

I imagine there are some sort of contingency offers already in. Cole is our first priority. If he accepts this offer pull our offer for Rendon and so on. If he doesn't this is our offer to Rendon etc.