• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maddon on AM 830 today (10/16/19) at 3:25 p.m.

T.G.

21 minutes ago, azmancini said:

Funny, you calling someone a Blowhard! Take a poll around here not including your holier than thou brethren and you might find that label assigned to you! 

Probably.  You’re adorable getting pissed at interviews.  It’s funny you think they mean something. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Lodge: “Hey enough of me talking about John Stamos great hair, let’s talk about you now.  What do YOU think of Stamos great hair?”

Nobody liked this post?  Nobody?  My wife gets annoyed when I think I am funny.  I apologize but I think this is funny.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Nobody liked this post?  Nobody?  My wife gets annoyed when I think I am funny.  I apologize but I think this is funny.

The proper form for bringing this up is..

Resharing the post.  and then posting "Nothing?"  Followed by... "Screw you guys."

Right, @Lou?

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

and to answer your question... it would be funny, if it wasn't so true to life.

I believe Roger Lodge is a big time Angels fan.  I have never doubted that.  He just wears on you the more you listen to him. He has way too many cliches and never seems to be truly on top of what's happening with the Angels.  He's usually late to the party in that regard.  Mostly - he loves to name drop and is somewhat of a self promoter.  He's a good guy and all, but as a broadcaster/sports talk host - he's just not on the level of someone like the late Joe McDonnell.  He's a little too much schtick and not enough substance for me.  I only listen to him on very rare occasions.  I'd much rather listen to mlbnetwork radio - even if they're not talking about the Angels.

At the end of the day - I don't hate the guy or anything - he's just not necessarily my cup of tea.  I'd like to see someone else in that role, but there isn't anyone on the local scene that fits in my opinion. 

Edited by True Grich

22 hours ago, True Grich said:

I believe Roger Lodge is a big time Angels fan.  I have never doubted that.  He just wears on you the more you listen to him. He has way too many cliches and never seems to be truly on top of what's happening with the Angels.  He's usually late to the party in that regard.  Mostly - he loves to name drop and is somewhat of a self promoter.  He's a good guy and all, but as a broadcaster/sports talk host - he's just not on the level of someone like the late Joe McDonnell.  He's a little too much schtick and not enough substance for me.  I only listen to him on very rare occasions.  I'd much rather listen to mlbnetwork radio - even if they're not talking about the Angels.

At the end of the day - I don't hate the guy or anything - he's just not necessarily my cup of tea.  I'd like to see someone else in that role, but there isn't anyone on the local scene that fits in my opinion. 

He plays to the more causal fan, the way Hudler did. I don't hate him, I just usually listen to Petros and Money.

Lodge sort of carries over his "Blind Date" mode of running a show to 830am.   It's more of a whimsical approach.   

Joe McDonnell was rock solid.   Yeah, his criticisms rubbed some the wrong way, but he was honest in those criticisms and very knowledgeable.   And yeah, his love of rasslin also played a little bit into my listening to him.  

Jim Healy was definitely one in a million.    They could replay his shows from 25-40 years ago, and still get listeners.   Like this classic from the 1977 WS. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lodge sort of carries over his "Blind Date" mode of running a show to 830am.   It's more of a whimsical approach.   

Joe McDonnell was rock solid.   Yeah, his criticisms rubbed some the wrong way, but he was honest in those criticisms and very knowledgeable.   And yeah, his love of rasslin also played a little bit into my listening to him.  

Jim Healy was definitely one in a million.    They could replay his shows from 25-40 years ago, and still get listeners.   Like this classic from the 1977 WS. 

Honestly, Lodge, annoying as he is, is better than that dipshit, Trent Rush. Dude is ridiculously anti-analytics and takes every opportunity to talk up old school baseball. 

Lodge’s problem is he says very little of substance. It’s mostly just ‘rah rah Angels’. Rush just has bad opinions and makes the listener dumber for listening to him than Lodge does.