• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NLDS : Nationals @ Dodgers Game 5 10-9-2019

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nice postgame interview TBS

I'm unable to watch it. Can you or someone here please let me know what Roberts has to say about his absolutely putrid managing decisions? I usually don't really care about managers explanations but I'm generally 100% perplexed as to what the hell Roberts was thinking. The only thing that makes sense is that he wants to get fired.

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I completely agree. Almost reminds me of, who was it... Grady Little... leaving Pedro in when he had clearly lost it years ago. I don’t think any of Roberts moves were that egregious but collectively just as damaging. Hard to want to axe a guy for a few bad calls but damn, I almost feel like his head was already in the next series.

Dumbsty Baker in the Bartman inning

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Do the Dodgers trade any of their core players? Really, they have an odd mix of old and young.  I have a feeling they will crack to a degree and make some big moves, realizing this team has just not been playoff clutch. 

Do they go after Maddon?

They have one weakness and it's not the guy that signs the lineup card

Just now, ScottT said:

They have one weakness and it's not the guy that signs the lineup card

You know, for all of Robert's success it may have been the talent on the field and not of his own doing. But when a decision is needed to be made, he seems to have his feet stuck in clay. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

You know, for all of Robert's success it may have been the talent on the field and not of his own doing. But when a decision is needed to be made, he seems to have his feet stuck in clay. 

I think he was part of a discussion about who to pitch and when.... because he has to go out to the mound and make the change.

I highly doubt he went against the plan that was either agreed upon or given to him

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I think he was part of a discussion about who to pitch and when.... because he has to go out to the mound and make the change.

I highly doubt he went against the plan that was either agreed upon or given to him

You can't stick with a plan that isn't working in an elimination game. You have to see what is happening, like Kelly unable to find the strike zone without being hit hard, and ignore it because of past results. You have to be in the moment, not just watching them unfold. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You can't stick with a plan that isn't working in an elimination game. You have to see what is happening, like Kelly unable to find the strike zone without being hit hard, and ignore it because of past results. You have to be in the moment, not just watching them unfold. 

I'm sure scenarios were discussed. Eaton would have stolen second on the first pitch if they bring Jansen in after the walk.  Matchups may have looked better for Kelly

10 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I'm sure scenarios were discussed. Eaton would have stolen second on the first pitch if they bring Jansen in after the walk.  Matchups may have looked better for Kelly

From your accounts of why things transpired Roberts obviously doesn't have the balls to make decisions on his own.