• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Olney: “Brad Ausmus is in jeopardy of losing his job as manager of the Angels”

mmc

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

If that’s the case then we all should be VERY terrified right now. The last time Arte got involved, shit completely blew up in our faces

This is why I’ve been saying this is bad news and we better hope it’s not the case.  Shit is not good in Angels land if this goes down.  

It seems to me that it’s very obvious that Ausmus is Epplers guy.  It doesn’t make sense that Eppler would make this move 1 season in.  

Not good at all. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Lol. I just read a tweet from a guy that follows the minor leagues quite intensely.  He said all kinds of guys already in the organization would make more sense than Maddon.

No idea why. Seems like that typical minor league loyalty aka he who will not be named. 

Someone asked him if theyd consider Erstad 

I love the internet sometimes.  Mainly when I want to reconnect with Isabella Soprano, though

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The assumption is that Arte would be firing Ausmus, not Eppler. 

If the issue is based on on-field performance, that would be reactionary and dumb. No one is squeezing a winning team out of the roster we had this season. Making Ausmus the scapegoat would be ridiculous. 

If the issue is internal - Arte just doesn’t think he’s good with the stuff we can’t observe - I don’t necessarily have an issue with it. 

If the issue is just that Ausmus didn’t make wine out of piss and Arte wants to grab a flashy name, he’s an idiot. 

Additional thought: Buying Out Ausmus and paying Maddon will be a bit pricey. If Arte figures that into his budget, that’s even less money for pitching this offseason. Unless Arte is going to approve a sizable payroll increase and he’s not making a Eppler factor this into it, I just don’t see going for Maddon as logical. It’s a big move just to make a big move, and I’m dubious it makes a big difference next season. 

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Would Maddon want the job though?

The team is a disaster.

"Hmm, I have the opportunity to manage a team with Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, for an organization and a fan base that both love me and are going to unload a bunch of cash at my door.....nah I'll pass"  - Joe Maddon (Probably)

11 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Additional thought: Buying Out Ausmus and paying Maddon will be a bit pricey. If Arte figures that into his budget, that’s even less money for pitching this offseason. Unless Arte is going to approve a sizable payroll increase and he’s not making a Eppler factor this into it, I just don’t see going for Maddon as logical. It’s a big move just to make a big move, and I’m dubious it makes a big difference next season. 

I wonder what Maddon will get. 2? 2.5?  Manager salaries are going down to toilet