• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buster Olney on Eppler, Arte, and the Red Sox

Pancake Bear

92E7ADE6-D14E-4195-91CD-D7F6255F1360.png.6366255e043922d98b8fced7d443dbac.png

From the Mason and Ireland Show (9-18-19).

If Arte does let Eppler get away, he’s a hooplehead. And anyone who thinks Eppler should go is a dumbass and knows jack. 

People may have issues with Eppler (mine are minor at the moment, but I’m waiting on this offseason), but trust me, things could be far worse. Dombrowski would put us in another gigantic hole. Or imagine getting someone else like Dipoto or a Brodie Van Wagenen. Arte has no president of baseball operations, and Arte’s history of hiring people is incredibly sketchy.

I don’t get the sense here that Olney has inside information on anything, per se, he’s just connecting the dots. I seriously hope Arte isn’t that stupid.

Olney did a good job of explaining Eppler's strengths since he took over a GM. I don't think he gets enough credit for the good things he's done here, probably because he loves to sign the "Island of misfit pitchers" to one year deals and they always seem to be busts, but I mean at least we aren't Seattle...

Just now, beatlesrule said:

If Olney said bad things about Eppler, do you still post this?  OP says people that think should Eppler should go are dumbasses. How mature.

Look if it said something negative about Eppler you would have posted it.  Since it didn’t you decided to point out that the poster is immature.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Look if it said something negative about Eppler you would have posted it.  Since it didn’t you decided to point out that the poster is immature.  

Just stop. You are not a fortune teller. Quit telling me what I would and wouldn't post. I don't swing from Epplers balls like you do and I haven't posted anything negative about your boyfriend in awhile. Get over yourself.

Honestly, the difference between Stoneman and Eppler is Stoneman had the open check book to sign Vladdy, Colon, Guillen and Escobar. If Eppler signed Escobar people would lose their shit because of how often he was injured.  They would lose their shit about Colon and his drop off.  Or the fact that Colon had one year of the four with an ERA+ over 100.  Eppler has been better at drafting.  And neither of trade significant prospects.  Sure Stoneman signed Weaver, but times were different then and you could go way over slot to sign a guy and it didn’t affect your ability to sign other draftees.  They say a lot of the time it is the next guy that gets the praise, that will probably be the case here as well, sadly.  

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Just stop. You are not a fortune teller. Quit telling me what I would and wouldn't post. I don't swing from Epplers balls like you do and I haven't posted anything negative about your boyfriend in awhile. Get over yourself.

Or you can screw off.  Either way is cool with me.  

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Are you going to add anything to the conversation or just cry about the OP hurting your feelings? My god..

and yes everyone does no give Eppler enough credit. There was no easy/fast fix to this shit, we all knew we had to ride this clusterfuck out. 

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Are you going to add anything to the conversation or just cry about the OP hurting your feelings? My god..

and yes everyone does no give Eppler enough credit. There was no easy/fast fix to this shit, we all knew we had to ride this clusterfuck out. 

There are a handful of people that are victims.  

These articles are pointless because whether it's a positive or negative narrative, the same pros and cons are always brought up. Nothing is accomplished. The bottom line is Eppler has produced 4 losing seasons with a high payroll. That's a fact. He's under contract for another year. Many here are fine with those results. I'm not one of them but that's just me. I enjoy winning and going to the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

These articles are pointless because whether it's a positive or negative narrative, the same pros and cons are always brought up. Nothing is accomplished. The bottom line is Eppler has produced 4 losing seasons with a high payroll. That's a fact. He's under contract for another year. Many here are fine with those results. I'm not one of them but that's just me. I enjoy winning and going to the playoffs. 

So you would like to have Tony Reagins back?

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I don’t know a single person who is fine with those results.  I do know a few people on here who understand context.  

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You obviously enjoy complaining about the same things and blaming when things don't go the way you want, or like.