• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

the game is being temporarily suspended. 

i'm sitting here fighting tears. not sure how the players, who no doubt know more about their teammate than any of us know, can get their heads back into game mode.

won't surprise me at all if this game is cancelled. not sure if rescheduling it is an option. 

I just finished up working on the show and switched the monitor over to the game and saw a score but an empty field. I was wondering if it was halftime but then they cut to studio and the talking heads saying they never saw anything like this before. 

I'm guessing they may have to push the playoffs back a week?

Bills-Bengals game won't be resumed this week, according to NFL

The NFL Communications Department tweeted Tuesday that it will not resume the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills after Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field Monday night due to cardiac arrest.

"The NFL has made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date," it added.

Obviously suspending the game was the right thing to do. That said yeah they’ll definitely have to figure something out because if Buffalo beats NE this week and Cincy in the make/continuation they’d be the 1 seed in the AFC. If Buffalo loses to NE and Cincy beats Baltimore in week 18 then it looks like they could skip making up or continuing the game as it wouldn’t change seeding. 

23 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Obviously suspending the game was the right thing to do. That said yeah they’ll definitely have to figure something out because if Buffalo beats NE this week and Cincy in the make/continuation they’d be the 1 seed in the AFC. If Buffalo loses to NE and Cincy beats Baltimore in week 18 then it looks like they could skip making up or continuing the game as it wouldn’t change seeding. 

I heard that ownership was in favor of resuming play. The players and the NFLPA said no. Seeing the emotional reactions of the players after it happened, I don't know how anyone could favor playing on.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I can see postponing the game for a day but it’s time to go back to work. At some point you have to put the boots on and go to work like every other American. It’s a little disturbing that these players don’t have the mental toughness to move forward. We don’t forget our brothers that die but as men we understand life must go forward. 

Damar Hamlin writes out “Did we win” to his parents and staff (since he’s still intubated), is nothing short of a miracle and is simply outstanding news.  It shows his mental functions are intact, as well as his ability to write things, shows his motor functions are working also.  Just great news.

Edited by PattyD22

Need to see it explained better, but was kind of reading they are going for a neutral field thing depending on who gets to the AFCC. Both the Bills and Bengals beat KC, so I wouldn't have been against having KC on the road if they make it that far.

Just glad dude is doing good on the mend. Didn't see it but immediately was reminded of this in 2021. I think they said Eriksen was dead for 12 or 13 minutes. Now he is back with Manchester United and doing well both in sport and health. Hope the same for Hamlin and glad to see everyone jump on board his charity cause.

7 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

New England defers the opening kick off to Buffalo, and the Bills kick returner, Hines, runs it back 97 yards for a TD to start the game.  

Couldn’t script a better opening for the Bills after the week they had.

And then did it a second time later in the game, becoming the 11th player to run back two in one game. That was fun to watch.