• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

Great comeback, and the kind you can ride in the playoffs for the Jags. But the Chiefs are going to eat their lunch (again, just like a couple weeks ago) next week at Arrowhead. Chris Jones is going to be in his face all game opposed to Bosa who just throws his helmet around and complains like Rivers used to.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:31 PM, Blarg said:

So far all of the playoffs games have been entertaining without any mismatch blowouts. Well, maybe the Seahawks. They were still in it until the 4th quarter.

It has been a good postseason overall. The Bucs got pretty well handled last night, and Tom Brady looked totally mortal. This means that the Raiders will push a bunch of money at him with the Super Bowl coming here after the 2023 season. After all, a 46-year-old quarterback must be the one missing piece.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

17 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It has been a good postseason overall. The Bucs got pretty well handled last night, and Tom Brady looked totally mortal. This means that the Raiders will push a bunch of money at him with the Super Bowl coming here after the 2023 season. After all, a 46-year-old quarterback must be the one missing piece.

george blanda says "hey"

The best four teams are the final four. I think an argument can be made for the Bills, but they looked terrible down the stretch and I think Allen led the league in turnovers. It lined up how it was supposed to.

I like my team and chances, but Cincy is our kryptonite and for some reason they are a team that will lose to the Browns but bring their A game against the Chiefs. Going 0-4 against Burrows and losing the last two AFCC games to them would be a tough pill to swallow.

Niners and Eagles will be fun. 

Should be good all around. Good luck and good health to those left in it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

the more i want to the see the niners lose, the more they seem to win.

honestly, i don't see anyone beating them at this point.

eagles could totally beat them in the nfccg. they have a very good offense and their defense is on par with the 49ers. that is going to be a real banger of a game. these have been very good playoffs all around and each of the remaining 4 teams have legitimate claims to the super bowl trophy. there are no pretenders in this batch.

What's wild is the Niners are doing it with a third string rookie QB. Jimmy G was already going to be done there, but played great before his injury and it puts the Niners in a quandary with Trey Lance.

As the season was winding down I had a KC/SF Super Bowl rematch from a couple years ago. KC beat them in SF in the middle of the season pretty handily. Ironically, it's the last time the Niners lost this season as they went on a roll after.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

What's wild is the Niners are doing it with a third string rookie QB. Jimmy G was already going to be done there, but played great before his injury and it puts the Niners in a quandary with Trey Lance.

As the season was winding down I had a KC/SF Super Bowl rematch from a couple years ago. KC beat them in SF in the middle of the season pretty handily. Ironically, it's the last time the Niners lost this season as they went on a roll after.

It really doesnt...Lance is going into his third year of a rookie QB deal....If he is moved, it would be a $10 million salary cap hit.  Jimmy G should be gone this offseason.  The 49ers cannot resign Jimmy G, Bosa, and they have a $12 million option on CMC.

I have read that people in the media assume Purdy will be the starter next year.  I would imagine a QB competition in the offseason.

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

there's your main super bowl talking point if those two teams match up.

5 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

It really doesnt...Lance is going into his third year of a rookie QB deal....If he is moved, it would be a $10 million salary cap hit.  Jimmy G should be gone this offseason.  The 49ers cannot resign Jimmy G, Bosa, and they have a $12 million option on CMC.

I have read that people in the media assume Purdy will be the starter next year.  I would imagine a QB competition in the offseason.

if they win or even appear in a super bowl with purdy and purdy is still doing his thing, then he'd be the first to enter the next year in a qb competition. nick foles was the starter the next year for the eagles right? didn't they ship off or sideline wentz, and he was the sure fire mvp leader when he went down.

5 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I'm surprised the Bengals didn't freak out seeing a bunch of headless bodies running around the field. 

Of course, this is the same team that once switched to red helmets so that their quarterback would throw fewer interceptions. Every team in the AFC East was wearing white helmets at the time.

8 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Of course, this is the same team that once switched to red helmets so that their quarterback would throw fewer interceptions. Every team in the AFC East was wearing white helmets at the time.

I have a buddy that played for Northern Arizona so I asked him one time what it was like playing on the red turf at Eastern Washington. He said all the red does fuck with your eyes a bit. He never mentioned anything about not being able to actually see the players though. 

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

I have a buddy that played for Northern Arizona so I asked him one time what it was like playing on the red turf at Eastern Washington. He said all the red does fuck with your eyes a bit. He never mentioned anything about not being able to actually see the players though. 

My eldest stepdaughter graduated from Eastern. I went to campus for her graduation several years ago. The field is blinding, even from outside the stadium. I couldn't get very close (the gates around the stadium were closed and locked), but I did get a couple of shots from the adjacent access road. I joked with my Nebraska fan brother-in-law that there were people there from Lincoln looking at the field to see about putting one in.

LSU posted a concept of a purple field on April 1 one year, and people lost their minds.

I watched a game played at Eastern Michigan once. For reasons that I can't comprehend, they put in gray turf (their colors are green and white). This particular game they were playing Buffalo, and the Bulls were wearing gray uniforms. It was also an overcast day. I thought that something was wrong with the video feed, then I saw a green EMU helmet against the gray turf on a closeup shot after a play. 

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My eldest stepdaughter graduated from Eastern. I went to campus for her graduation several years ago. The field is blinding, even from outside the stadium. I couldn't get very close (the gates around the stadium were closed and locked), but I did get a couple of shots from the adjacent access road. I joked with my Nebraska fan brother-in-law that there were people there from Lincoln looking at the field to see about putting one in.

LSU posted a concept of a purple field on April 1 one year, and people lost their minds.

I watched a game played at Eastern Michigan once. For reasons that I can't comprehend, they put in gray turf (their colors are green and white). This particular game they were playing Buffalo, and the Bulls were wearing gray uniforms. It was also an overcast day. I thought that something was wrong with the video feed, then I saw a green EMU helmet against the gray turf on a closeup shot after a play. 

I've never seen the turf at Eastern Michigan before. Looking at the photos honestly I like it. I'll have to tune in a game next season to see what it looks like during a game. 

Looking at LSU it appears they have at least once done the purple field before. They need to get rid of the 5 yard markers as well. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2xzdXNwb3J0cy1jb20vMjAxMC8wMy9lMDVhZjMwMi1xeHF2anJjamNnZnZzbGouMjAxMDAzMjkyMTE2MDUuanBn.png

Edited by St1ck