• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

6 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I've never seen the turf at Eastern Michigan before. Looking at the photos honestly I like it. I'll have to tune in a game next season to see what it looks like during a game. 

It probably would have been OK, had it not been an overcast day and the road team wearing gray uniforms.

An aside from the playoffs - the Pro Bowl is back in Las Vegas again this year - although it is a "skills competition" and a flag football game. I went to the Pro Bowl last year, and although there was no tackling, it still somewhat resembled football. I am not plunking down cash to watch professional athletes play a sport that I played in the ninth grade.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Boise St. has the turf that I think about being different.

Pro Bowl has always been lame. Hope no one ruins their career during flag football like Robert Edwards.

On to bigger and better things, Cincy was -2.5 and now Mahomes is walking normal and practicing like normal, down to -1.5 right away. Probably move to a pick'em or maybe even Chiefs -1 at kickoff.

I'm staying home this year, like I came home for the Bills game last year. I'm taking one for the team so the Chiefs win.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Boise St. has the turf that I think about being different.

Pro Bowl has always been lame. Hope no one ruins their career during flag football like Robert Edwards.

On to bigger and better things, Cincy was -2.5 and now Mahomes is walking normal and practicing like normal, down to -1.5 right away. Probably move to a pick'em or maybe even Chiefs -1 at kickoff.

I'm staying home this year, like I came home for the Bills game last year. I'm taking one for the team so the Chiefs win.

Already at a pickem and early read was like 80% of the money was on the bengals. 

I might have to hammer the chiefs

10 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Already at a pickem and early read was like 80% of the money was on the bengals. 

I might have to hammer the chiefs

Chiefs now at -1

I'm not sure I'd bet the spread, but I do like KC at -115 on the money line.

I was looking at some of the stats from the three loses and they really look like anomalies. KC was up pretty big in the first two meetings and in the last one it was an uncharacteristic Kielce fumble at the 50 that gave them the go ahead score and then we missed an uncharacteristic FG to tie it at the end.

I'm starting to lean into the Chiefs doing the underdog role thing teams do to motivate themselves. Looks like the weather will be 27 degrees or so for the game, but will be clear.

Shit like this.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35532000/mike-hilton-bengals-confident-title-game-burrowhead

Trevor Lawrence did this last week saying the crowd noise would be less than the Jags.....then a dude with one leg beat them. It's weird in KC the whole city and team rally around shit like this. Calling it Burrowhead is something I wouldn't have done. It's already a good team, no need to rock the boat, it's never ended well for opponents.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They are going to need the layoff before the Super Bowl just to let people heal a bit.

Yeah. I think we'll be fine, but am sure Hardman is done. We shall see in the next few days as the injury reports come out. Still can't believe how well the secondary played with Sneed going down early in the game. Same with the WR's.....seeing Kemp and Moore out there for crucial plays with a one legged QB was rough.

43 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Watching the replay, it appeared he was trying to pull up, and it was a great acting job by Mahomes, flailing around on the ground.

That's a terrible way to end a conference championship game.

Agreed that it sucks for Cincy to have that happen in the last ten seconds of a playoff game, but that flag gets thrown (flailing or not) 99/100 times.

What's funny is that was the one call the officials got right.

Mahomes did it against the Bills with :13, he would have done it against the Bengals with :08 needing about 10 yards.

Dude had one leg, minus three receivers, Kelce was injured Friday (was actually questionable for the game), Sneed injured in the first series, and Gay out of the game injured. People trying to make excuses for the Chiefs win is comical. Like Zac Taylor said, the Chiefs were the better team and made just a few more plays better.

Both played great and was a great game. Burrow is a stud and threw some dimes.

Edited by Brandon

As weird as this sounds, I think the Burrowhead was a death sentence. The team as a whole rose up to that. Don't give a good team bulletin board material while dogs at home. If there is one thing I know about my city, never put the KC fans, city, or team in that position. Literally everyone raises up. I think Tony Romo was even talking about how it was the loudest all year.

Funny how no one is talking about how Chris Jones ruined that offensive line and was the game MVP. Or how Burrows had 2 picks. Or how the Bengals threw a challenge flag and magically the refs said they talked more and changed the play giving them the flag back and keeping their timeout. The Chiefs actually had more penalty yards until that last play.

Edited by Brandon

AFC West making some big moves. Love the Chargers grabbing Kellen Moore (watched him at Boise St. because my buddy played there who is now the head coach) and obviously Payton to Denver is a huge move. Between the draft picks they gave up for Wilson and Payton, it's a hit, but I don't think Payton makes the move without seriously thinking he could be the difference there.

I'm guessing Payton will get paid a shit ton of money which helped his decision.  Denver didn't have the draft capital to make the move and they're now counting even more on Wilson rebounding and various players they lost over the course of 2022 coming back strong.  They'll also need to hit on some of the picks they have this year which start in round 3.  If I were the rest of the AFC west I wouldn't be too worried about Denver in 2023 considering how terrible they were in 2022 offensively.