• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

I'd load up on the Bills, too. First time Mahomes has been a home dog and the game time decisions came in and all their CB's are out and will be starting two late round rookies versus a potent offense. Chiefs have the best offense in the league and can keep up with anyone, but I think they lose by at least the 2.5 as this could come down to a field goal.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'd load up on the Bills, too. First time Mahomes has been a home dog and the game time decisions came in and all their CB's are out and will be starting two late round rookies versus a potent offense. Chiefs have the best offense in the league and can keep up with anyone, but I think they lose by at least the 2.5 as this could come down to a field goal.

I'm going to start charging....or start a 1-900 hotline and do radio ads at 3am

Bucs, ravens and packers all lose to go to 3-3 which currently puts 10 teams at 3-3.  The giants continue to find ways to win while their 5 wins have come by an average of 4 points.  Mahomes with an uncharacteristically bad throw on KC's final drive of the game puts Buffalo in the driver's seat in the AFC for the 1 seed.  Philly and Dallas for the night cap in what has been the NFL's best division so far.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Bucs, ravens and packers all lose to go to 3-3 which currently puts 10 teams at 3-3.  The giants continue to find ways to win while their 5 wins have come by an average of 4 points.  Mahomes with an uncharacteristically bad throw on KC's final drive of the game puts Buffalo in the driver's seat in the AFC for the 1 seed.  Philly and Dallas for the night cap in what has been the NFL's best division so far.

Bucs and GB are washed.

Both NY teams are really surprising. Same with Minnesota.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Rough game to watch with the play calling. Both teams aren't very good and I can't figure the Chargers out. Supposed to be top 5, play the Chiefs until the very end, then play close games with the Broncos and Browns.

That's Chargers football. 

The Chargers weren't any better with those damn passes to the flat when they needed yards for field goal range. I'm not even a fan and that was driving me nuts.

I did like the some of the Chargers blitz packages and they got to Russell when they had to, but the only real stand out to me is how good the Broncos D is (which I've said a few times).

I really didn't think that Russell trade and subsequent contract would be so bad. There is a meme that goes around weekly and gets updated that shows Geno Smith's numbers are superior to Wilson's. Just mind blowing. 

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The Chargers weren't any better with those damn passes to the flat when they needed yards for field goal range. I'm not even a fan and that was driving me nuts.

I did like the some of the Chargers blitz packages and they got to Russell when they had to, but the only real stand out to me is how good the Broncos D is (which I've said a few times).

I really didn't think that Russell trade and subsequent contract would be so bad. There is a meme that goes around weekly and gets updated that shows Geno Smith's numbers are superior to Wilson's. Just mind blowing. 

I honestly think this is because of Herbert's injured ribs. They did the same thing last week against the Browns. A lot of short and quick passes to avoid Herbert getting hit. 

14 hours ago, Tank said:

if i call your 900 number, can i get your hot take for the week for free?

If you would have got in on time I would have told you to bet the house on NYJ.

I think there was some kind of error, but the line opened at DEN -7.5 which seemed way off. A ton of us all jumped on it and it almost immediately jumped to DEN -1 in just a few hours. Then Wilson was ruled out and by kickoff it was NYJ -2. If you got in early or even before kickoff this was easy money.

KC and NYG were also pretty easy picks. But I did lose on MIA -7 by a point last night.

Was reading an article that brought this up. Ouch.

Top 5 NFL contracts, 3-year average salary

Aaron Rodgers (GB), $50.2 million.
Russell Wilson (DEN), $49 million.
Kyler Murray (ARI), $46.1 million.
Deshaun Watson (CLE), $46 million.
Patrick Mahomes (KC), $45 million.

Chargers have been disappointing.  High expectations coming into the season, then losing Rayshawn Slater, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Joey Bosa, JC Jackson, Corey Linsley (for a few games) and Herb playing with the ribs, probably have to lower those expectations.  Good opportunity for depth to step up/in.  Coaching decisions have been maddening as well, but some of that probably due to limitations of the personnel.

On 10/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, Brandon said:

Was reading an article that brought this up. Ouch.

Top 5 NFL contracts, 3-year average salary

Aaron Rodgers (GB), $50.2 million.
Russell Wilson (DEN), $49 million.
Kyler Murray (ARI), $46.1 million.
Deshaun Watson (CLE), $46 million.
Patrick Mahomes (KC), $45 million.

Mahomes is the only one worth his money.  The rest of those deals are cringe-worthy.

Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid was sentenced on Tuesday to three years in prison for driving drunk, speeding and hitting two parked cars last year, leaving a 5-year-old girl with a serious brain injury.

Reid pleaded guilty in September to driving while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury. The charge carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison, but prosecutors had agreed to ask for a maximum sentence of four years in prison. Reid sought probation. The injured girl's family had opposed the plea deal.

Circuit Judge Charles H. McKenzie sentenced Reid Tuesday and he was set to be taken into custody.

He got off light.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:40 PM, Lou said:

Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid was sentenced on Tuesday to three years in prison for driving drunk, speeding and hitting two parked cars last year, leaving a 5-year-old girl with a serious brain injury.

Reid pleaded guilty in September to driving while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury. The charge carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison, but prosecutors had agreed to ask for a maximum sentence of four years in prison. Reid sought probation. The injured girl's family had opposed the plea deal.

Circuit Judge Charles H. McKenzie sentenced Reid Tuesday and he was set to be taken into custody.

He got off light.

And he is probably out much, much sooner.