• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

• Chuck changed the title to The Official NFL Season Thread
5 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

He’s 0-1 in his new gig.  His running backs coughed up the ball, not once but TWICE inside the 2 yard line.  Dog shit red zone performance by Denver.

Hackett coaches like his father.

That was some of the worst play calling I've ever seen on that final Denver drive. 

6 minutes ago, St1ck said:

What made it even dumber, was when it became 4th and 5, the Broncos had all 3 time outs and over 1 minute left near midfield.  They could have took a time out, drew up any play they wanted, and like the stat above said, had about a 50% chance of being successful.

Instead, Hackett elected to run the clock down and trot out his kicker.  Wonder what Russell Wilson thought of that?  Or Juedy?  Or the whole offense?

4 red zone trips that resulted in 6 points.  12 penalties for 106 yards 2 of which were false starts on a lineman who had 2 all of last season.  Then as PattyD22 mentioned over a minute left and they let the play clock run down before using their first time out.  Terrible all around and they deserved to lose but I'd rather see them going for it on the 4th down and losing there if they come up short.  Not a loss they could afford in the AFC West. 

12 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

What made it even dumber, was when it became 4th and 5, the Broncos had all 3 time outs and over 1 minute left near midfield.  They could have took a time out, drew up any play they wanted, and like the stat above said, had about a 50% chance of being successful.

Instead, Hackett elected to run the clock down and trot out his kicker.  Wonder what Russell Wilson thought of that?  Or Juedy?  Or the whole offense?

Before the final drive even began, Hackett had his decision made. If the team got the ball to Seattle’s 46-yard line, they were going to kick the field goal. Hackett knew. Wilson knew. The Broncos’ offense knew.

“Looking back at it, we definitely should have gone for it,” Hackett said immediately, when asked about the controversial decision.

“It’s one of those things where you look back at it and you say, ‘Of course we should go for it.’ We missed the field goal. But in that situation, we had a plan. We knew that [the] 46-[yard line] was the mark,” Hackett continued. “We were expecting to go for it on fourth down and then you hit the mark. The mark that we had all set before we started. We said 46-yard line was where we wanted to be, and we got there so we had to make a decision.  We wanted to give it to Brandon, and we did. It didn’t work, it sucks but that’s part of it.”

The plan was shit and statistically nothing supported going for the FG there.  Whether they got to the 46, 45, 44, 43 or 42 the odds say they should have gone for the first down and not the kick over 60 yards.  Seattle did enough to win but the Broncos absolutely lost that game between the 2 fumbles on the 1, the penalties and the play calling at the end of the game.   

Hoping for a good game tonight as it definitely is on paper but Thursday games always seem to be a crapshoot with the short rest. 

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Little worried tonight as these games are generally pretty close or one possession games. We just signed some kicker while Butkner is out. If it comes down to a FG, I'm not as confident with the new guy.

I think KC wins at home, but would take LA +4.

I hate having a division game on a Thursday. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I just like the Chiefs on primetime because it's easier for me to watch living in OC. Always frees up my weekend.

But yeah, I'd rather two top teams and division rivals not have a short week to prepare.

I guess at least it's early enough in the season the short rest shouldn't factor in that much. My son has a soccer game mid day Sunday so it works out for me. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I just like the Chiefs on primetime because it's easier for me to watch living in OC. Always frees up my weekend.

But yeah, I'd rather two top teams and division rivals not have a short week to prepare.

Good game. Man I hope Herbert isn't seriously injured. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Little worried tonight as these games are generally pretty close or one possession games. We just signed some kicker while Butkner is out. If it comes down to a FG, I'm not as confident with the new guy.

I think KC wins at home, but would take LA +4.

Hope you kids took the +4.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, good game dude. Hope it isn't serious, either. Dude is a stud.

If we both stay healthy, we both can go pretty far.

Mahomes v. Herbert could make for a hell of a rivalry over the years. Neither one would allow a kicker to come in to decide a game when you only need 5 yards. 

Boy, that was a heavyweight title fight last night.  Great game!  KC stepped up and played better in the 2nd half than the Bolts, with the HUGE pickoff and return.  At least a 10 pt swing right there.  Herb took some hits late, clearly he was in major pain as the dude couldn't even run for that first down late.  Amazed he was able to sling it at all, and that throw late to Deandre to the 5 was a thing of beauty, especially considering his condition.  With the pregame show and all, felt like a playoff game.