• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Oh, I forgot to mention or ask, did they show the national anthem for the Chiefs game on tv?

The singers mic didn’t work and everyone in the stadium sang it instead. One of the cooler things I’ve seen or been apart of and seemed to set the tone for how loud it was all game. Wasn’t sure if that was on tv or not.

They did show it and I was able to hear the crowd start singing, which was very cool.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Granted, I’m not die hard sports guy, so that’s part of it, too. I’d rather eat an edible and use my own toilet and not have some asshole behind me talk about how a Cover 2 is effective in certain situations because when he last played in junior college they stopped a fourth and goal once

You fly to KC to go to games. 

15 hours ago, Lou said:

I was thinking this, too.  I have always lived within 30 minutes/2 hrs of numerous NFL franchises (Seahawks, Chargers, Rams, Raiders) and have rarely attended a game.  I'm thinking Brandon and many of the rest of us have a different definition of "die-hard sports fan".

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

yes, that way we know if we should be outraged at players who may or may not be kneeling.

I bet none of you patriots stand up at home while the national anthem is playing. I do, but it's usually because I'm on my way to the bathroom.  

That makes me more of a patriot than the rest of you. 

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

I bet none of you patriots stand up at home while the national anthem is playing. I do, but it's usually because I'm on my way to the bathroom.  

That makes me more of a patriot than the rest of you. 

do you walk like this?

Sad Arrested Development GIF

20 hours ago, Lou said:

4 hours ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I was thinking this, too.  I have always lived within 30 minutes/2 hrs of numerous NFL franchises (Seahawks, Chargers, Rams, Raiders) and have rarely attended a game.  I'm thinking Brandon and many of the rest of us have a different definition of "die-hard sports fan".

I go to KC to spend time with my family, games are just a perk. It’s also a lot easier when you have special seats, access, and a premium parking pass with easy in and out access of the game.

It’s not a normal game experience that most people do.

They took a solid year to come up with that? The state marine animal is the Orca. How badass is that, a killer whale for the mascot. Uniforms all in black with some white accents, maybe a splash of blood red for road jerseys. 

No, they go with Commanders so there are going to be either lame ass looking army men which will trigger Libs or 1800's ship captains with those goofy hats with the plumes which will up their gay turnout for games. 

• 2 weeks later...

NFL awards tonight.

Offensive player of the year: Cooper Kupp

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Coach of the year: Vrabel from Tennessee

Comeback player of the year: Joe Burrow

Rookie of the year: the linebacker kid in Dallas 

Walter Payton Man of the Year: Andrew Whitworth

Humble brag moment: one of my former students was playing in the orchestra. He plays the French Horn. Great kid. Said he had fun talking to Travis Kelce, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, and Roger Goodell (which surprised him quite a bit). 

• 3 weeks later...

Rodgers signs 4 year $200M extension with GB https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-packers-agree-to-four-year-deal-as-qb-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-nfl-history/

Russell Wilson supposedly traded to Denver https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-acquiring-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-in-trade-for-multiple-first-round-p

As a Broncos fan I thought the Rodgers talk of him possibly ending up in Denver was setting them up for disappointment and another year of something like Bridgewater/Lock at QB or trading up for a QB in the draft who is a project.  If they landed Wilson that's huge and I don't mind them giving up first/second round picks for a few years especially if he signs an extension. 

5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Rodgers signs 4 year $200M extension with GB https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-packers-agree-to-four-year-deal-as-qb-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-nfl-history/

Russell Wilson supposedly traded to Denver https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-acquiring-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-in-trade-for-multiple-first-round-p

As a Broncos fan I thought the Rodgers talk of him possibly ending up in Denver was setting them up for disappointment and another year of something like Bridgewater/Lock at QB or trading up for a QB in the draft who is a project.  If they landed Wilson that's huge and I don't mind them giving up first/second round picks for a few years especially if he signs an extension. 

Denver and Green Bay have just way overpaid but Denver got better for next season, a lot better. Rodgers is aging and his best years are behind him so this is just a ridiculous amount to pay him. 

Edited by Jason

Acquiring a legit QB in his prime is never cheap and rarely done in FA.  Manning signing with the Broncos was an anomaly and not the norm.  Denver hasn't had a legit QB since Manning retired and even in that last year his arm was toast.  I'll take the overpay and chance at being competitive instead of throwing darts via rookie QB's and cheap 1 year FA signings.

40 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Acquiring a legit QB in his prime is never cheap and rarely done in FA.  Manning signing with the Broncos was an anomaly and not the norm.  Denver hasn't had a legit QB since Manning retired and even in that last year his arm was toast.  I'll take the overpay and chance at being competitive instead of throwing darts via rookie QB's and cheap 1 year FA signings.

The Broncos need more than just a QB so giving up all those 1st rounders could be painful in the next couple of season. I think they are immediately a contender next season though. They need to get Jeudy more involved next season and I bet they do with Russ 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Broncos need more than just a QB so giving up all those 1st rounders could be painful in the next couple of season. I think they are immediately a contender next season though. They need to get Jeudy more involved next season and I bet they do with Russ 

They absolutely do but QB is the most important position in the NFL.  No position is valued or rather over-valued more in drafts and teams that haven't been competitive for any length of time usually have a new QB every 1-2 years during that span.  They need to address CB with 2 from last year now FA's, off the ball LB which has been a need for years, DL with Harris being a part of the trade, DE and OL depth.  I don't think they're an immediate contender especially playing in the AFC West but I definitely like their odds to be a playoff team.  Prior to acquiring Wilson they had almost $40M in cap space and I imagine they're hoping acquiring him helps them sign some FA vets on 1-2 year deals.  Nothing's a given but with what they've gotten from the QB position since Manning retired I definitely think the risk is worth it.  The window in the NFL for most teams is so many years because even if you have a legit QB like Seattle did eventually their stud defenders want to get paid and sometimes that's before reaching FA.