• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

Damn good game. I did not expect Cincy to make a game of it after they went down 21-3. 2nd half and OT was pretty much all Cincy as the Chiefs offense and their fans more or less disappeared. Teams winning the coin toss under current OT rules were 10-1 in the playoffs going into the game and that’s now 10-2. 

Pretty brutal to witness in person and worse when you beat yourself. There was no bad penalties (missed ones, but not why they lost), Bengals magic, or special moment. Just out coached in the second half. It’s the worst statistical half of football in Mahomes career. It was beyond loud because of the Burrows comment the whole game, but I’ve never been around so many people in silence exiting the stadium.

Honestly, it’s just a game and ultimately I’m just grateful and blessed. I’ve been on vacation since November and this is my fifth trip out here and fourth game. To be able to do all of this and be with my family means the most.

Depending on who all goes I rotate between our club seats and the ones in the sideline. Here are two simple pics of the view.

C4409A18-58A8-4DC6-BA1B-2F5A9D5405C3.jpeg

1900C7BF-74C7-4F4D-9CBC-C2E7143640F8.jpeg

The Rams took care of the ball, just the one INT on the end zone deflection.   They quickly put the four fumbles against TB in the past.

Stafford completed three playoff games with just one INT and picked apart the Niners when it counted.

Kupp was Kupp, NFL’s Mr. Clutch.

OBJ did what they acquired him to do.  Hard to beat a team when two WRs go off on you for 100+ yards

Huge 30 yard reception with 15 yard penalty tacked on after it

Class act by OBJ going over to the Niners bench after the game to console Samuel, and has been a great Rams teammate the whole time so far.

Unsung hero certainly is TE Kendall Blanton, filling in for Higbee, and five huge catches.

Akers had some solid runs.

Speaking of which, huge props to the Rams run defense, only 50 yards allowed on the ground.  That prevented ball control by the Niners, and matched their physicality.

Niners DB Tartt is going to see that dropped sure thing INT in his sleep for a while.   Could have been just about a seal to the win if he catches it.

Props to the whole Rams team for total 4th quarter domination after trailing by 10.   First team to ever win NFC Champ Game when trailing by at least 10 going into the 4th quarter 

Can’t say enough about a team beating a team that beat LA, Dallas, and GB all on the road in successive weeks.

On to hosting Super Bowl LVI

Edited by Angel Oracle

Oh, I forgot to mention or ask, did they show the national anthem for the Chiefs game on tv?

The singers mic didn’t work and everyone in the stadium sang it instead. One of the cooler things I’ve seen or been apart of and seemed to set the tone for how loud it was all game. Wasn’t sure if that was on tv or not.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Oh, I forgot to mention or ask, did they show the national anthem for the Chiefs game on tv?

The singers mic didn’t work and everyone in the stadium sang it instead. One of the cooler things I’ve seen or been apart of and seemed to set the tone for how loud it was all game. Wasn’t sure if that was on tv or not.

They did. They also showed this.

Fuck no, even if the Chiefs won yesterday. As I grow older I really hate LA, the traffic, the congestion, and just don’t find the experience worth the hassle. Granted, I’m not die hard sports guy, so that’s part of it, too. I’d rather eat an edible and use my own toilet and not have some asshole behind me talk about how a Cover 2 is effective in certain situations because when he last played in junior college they stopped a fourth and goal once.

Speaking of which, if you ever want to have an experience, eat an edible before going into a conference championship game. That was fun.

41 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As I grow older I really hate LA, the traffic, the congestion, and just don’t find the experience worth the hassle.

My Dad made that same excuse for not coming back to California after he retired to Montana. Of course, he was in his late 60's...

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I figured it out 20-30 years earlier than your father.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Actually, I figured it out in my early/mid 20’s going to pre med in LA.

Going to chiropractor school is not pre-med. 😉

My father actually retired at age 56 with a golden parachute. It took him five years to adapt to the slower lifestyle in Montana until it finally over wrote the living in the city DNA. 

I am not as fortunate having decided a career in television with the Golden handcuffs chaining me to this market. But in two years we will be retiring to a more rural focused state and I'm sure it won't take me quite as long to shuck the traffic ridden lifestyle. Those are hours lost, for sure.