• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

46 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They absolutely do but QB is the most important position in the NFL.  No position is valued or rather over-valued more in drafts and teams that haven't been competitive for any length of time usually have a new QB every 1-2 years during that span.  They need to address CB with 2 from last year now FA's, off the ball LB which has been a need for years, DL with Harris being a part of the trade, DE and OL depth.  I don't think they're an immediate contender especially playing in the AFC West but I definitely like their odds to be a playoff team.  Prior to acquiring Wilson they had almost $40M in cap space and I imagine they're hoping acquiring him helps them sign some FA vets on 1-2 year deals.  Nothing's a given but with what they've gotten from the QB position since Manning retired I definitely think the risk is worth it.  The window in the NFL for most teams is so many years because even if you have a legit QB like Seattle did eventually their stud defenders want to get paid and sometimes that's before reaching FA.

Lol! I'm a Washington fan and they are one of the worst run franchises so I completely understand the need for a quality QB

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Lol! I'm a Washington fan and they are one of the worst run franchises so I completely understand the need for a quality QB

Yeah then you definitely get it.  If the 2020 Redskins had a legit QB to go with their defense which allowed the 4th fewest points per game then they likely have a higher seeding and make some noise in the playoffs.  Lack of a QB always makes me think of the Bears graphic they like to show during packers/bears games showing the list of QB's the bears have had vs. Favre/Rodgers in GB.

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yeah then you definitely get it.  If the 2020 Redskins had a legit QB to go with their defense which allowed the 4th fewest points per game then they likely have a higher seeding and make some noise in the playoffs.  Lack of a QB always makes me think of the Bears graphic they like to show during packers/bears games showing the list of QB's the bears have had vs. Favre/Rodgers in GB.

Bears are the only franchise that has never had a QB throw for 4,000 yards in a season. 

Adams traded to the raiders where he signs a 5 year 140Mish contract. AFC west looks to be pretty stacked on paper. Guessing Rodgers regrets signing his extension but at least he’s rich. I’m guessing GB acquires a WR via the draft, FA or trade before the season starts. Might have gotten one in the trade for Adams no details yet. 

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Adams traded to the raiders where he signs a 5 year 140Mish contract. AFC west looks to be pretty stacked on paper. Guessing Rodgers regrets signing his extension but at least he’s rich. I’m guessing GB acquires a WR via the draft, FA or trade before the season starts. Might have gotten one in the trade for Adams no details yet. 

Apparently Rodgers already knew Adams wanted out before signing his contract. So he either decided he can win without him, or he just said fuck it and wanted to stack cash. Maybe both. 

I just read that GB was willing to pay Adams what the Raiders did but he wanted to move on so I’m assuming Rodgers knew. Wouldn’t put anything past him but for a guy who has already made over $250M from playing alone you would think winning another championship would be priority number one.  GB has 4 of the top 59 picks and 11 in total heading into the draft so they have options but replacing Adams or just getting a legit WR isn’t a given especially as most of the FA options have signed. They play in a weak division and maybe they can take a chance on a guy like OBJ who may not be ready at the start of the season. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Whoa!

Tyreek Hill traded to Miami for FIVE draft picks!

Mahomes cannot be happy.

Apprarently contract extension talks with Hill broke down, and probably forced the trade?

Tua upon hearing the news:

One of the weird ones where this worked out for all parties.

Chiefs weren't going to pay Tyreek when his contract was up after this season and got an absolute haul for someone that was going to walk for free. Also, selling high as the Chiefs likely got his best years.

Tyreek wanted to be the highest paid WR and gets that. I'm all about players making as much as possible, so good for him. I think many people also forget or don't think about it, but when his last contract was up and we resigned him was when the media was getting click baity with the child abuse stories and I thought Tyreek got the bad end of that because now his value dropped and the Chiefs really got a steal at the time.

Just kind of weird. It would have been like trading Weaver or K-Rod during our 00's run. Bummed to see him go and he has his place all time with the team, but I won't miss all the drops. Also, something lost, everyone keeps talking about what the Chiefs will do now when really I look at the opposite end, what's Tyreek going to do? For about $.85 on the dollar Tyreek chose to go from Mahomes to Tua. Hill is an absolute game changer with his speed and really just his presence, but he was a product of Reid's offensive system and Mahomes throwing him the ball. The team just signed the second fastest guy behind Tyreek in MVS from GB and I don't see why Reid and Mahomes can't utilize his speed the same way as they did with Tyreek to where the production loss hopefully won't be as bad as losing one of the best players at the position.

It's a bummer from a player attachment point of view, but really just shrewd and good business. They just gained $28.6m in cap space, have JuJu and MVS in, and now have 6 picks in the first 103 which is pretty nuts....especially considering how well we have been drafting in recent years.

I definitely won't miss Hill in the AFC West but KC got a ridiculous return for a WR.  Like you said I'm sure as a fan of the team it sucks but he wanted top receiver money while he's 28 and known for his speed more than anything and that's usually the first thing that starts to go.  He's still in his prime don't get me wrong but he's not built like the type of top receiver who usually has success in his early 30's.  He has his ring and wanted to get paid while his best option for that was somewhere else as KC's window with Mahomes could be the next decade plus and they need to take that into account with other players they sign, trade or let walk ala NE during Brady's tenure.  As a Broncos fan I'd much rather see KC paying Hill ~25M a year into his early 30's while the smart business move was moving him especially considering what they got. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tank said:

so why did the browns let baker mayfield go, and why hasn't anyone else signed him?

this whole thing seems really weird.

He's still under contract and his dalary for next year is $18M. For now, Cleveland isn't willing to eat any of the money. 

52 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's still under contract and his dalary for next year is $18M. For now, Cleveland isn't willing to eat any of the money. 

so why was cleveland unhappy with him? they were a much better team with him than without him.

i'm guessing there'll be a draft day deal with another team for him.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

so why was cleveland unhappy with him? they were a much better team with him than without him.

i'm guessing there'll be a draft day deal with another team for him.

Because Watson is a lot better. Mayfield really isn't that good. 

• 2 weeks later...