• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

3 hours ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Boy, that was a heavyweight title fight last night.  Great game!  KC stepped up and played better in the 2nd half than the Bolts, with the HUGE pickoff and return.  At least a 10 pt swing right there.  Herb took some hits late, clearly he was in major pain as the dude couldn't even run for that first down late.  Amazed he was able to sling it at all, and that throw late to Deandre to the 5 was a thing of beauty, especially considering his condition.  With the pregame show and all, felt like a playoff game.

Funny you mention that. I was reading an article yesterday that the Chiefs and Amazon were working together to give it a playoff buzz. Amazon wanted to come out swinging on their first go with football. 

This is the first Chiefs home opener I haven't been to in awhile, but it's absolutely nuts out there on home openers. Loudest crowd in the league and where you really feel it is right before kickoff when they had Dwayne Bowe beat the drum (they always have a former player do it and it excites the crowd seeing said player again) and everyone doing the tomahawk chop, it's just crazy.

I thought Amazon did a great job capturing the excitement and energy. Plus, Chiefs fans go nuts every time Tony Gonzales is at the games, let alone doing pre and post game there.

They even had the Mizzou band open things up early pregame.

306565135_5754793987872334_3314072145083 

Some good games this morning. Jets scored 2 TDs in the final two minutes the second one which was after recovering an onside kick to beat the browns. Dolphins we’re down 35-14 going into the fourth quarter and they ended up beating the ravens 42-38 while Tua threw for over 400 yards and 6 TDs. 

So far in the afternoon games Cincy looks worse than last week against a backup QB in Dallas but I expect them to make a game of it.  Denver’s pass game looks non existent while they’re tied starting the second half against Houston. Both Jeudy and Surtain have been ruled out with injuries. Lance got carted off the field with his ankle/leg in an air cast so guessing it’s broken. Garappolo looks better than Lance did in his limited action this year. 

Raiders lose in spectacular fashion in OT fumbling the ball away almost in FG range and AZ took it to the house. The defender threw or dropped the ball shortly after crossing goal line which is the second time I’ve seen that today and it was way too close to being a fumble. Raiders were up 23-7 to start the 4th quarter. 

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Raiders lose in spectacular fashion in OT fumbling the ball away almost in FG range and AZ took it to the house. Raiders were up 23-7 to start the 4th quarter. 

true, but that idiot for the cards who returned the fumble almost threw the ball away before crossing the goal line. 

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

true, but that idiot for the cards who returned the fumble almost threw the ball away before crossing the goal line. 

I actually edited my post to include that as they went to review it. A receiver in a game earlier today did the same thing. It wasn’t as close but it was just over the goal line.  If players continue to do it someone is eventually going to do it before crossing the goal line. 

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I actually edited my post to include that as they went to review it. A receiver in a game earlier today did the same thing. It wasn’t as close but it was just over the goal line.  If players continue to do it someone is eventually going to do it before crossing the goal line. 

was that the clown in the steelers game? his was too close to call, also.

if i'm a coach, i would be beyond furious if one of my players did that and cost us points/the game.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

was that the clown in the steelers game? his was too close to call, also.

if i'm a coach, i would be beyond furious if one of my players did that and cost us points/the game.

That’s exactly who it was couldn’t remember who until you said it. It was Agholor who made a great catch that almost turned into a monumentally stupid play. 

Two games left in week 3 and there’s only two undefeated teams left in Miami and Philly both of which are beatable. Both Buffalo and KC lost and neither offense looked dominant. The Raiders are 0-3 and McDaniels has to be in the hot seat which is awesome. I’m trying to figure out why an injured Herbert was still in the game down 38-10 but then I remembered it’s the chargers. I realize Tampa was without Evans, Godwin and Jones among others but their offense has not looked good at any point this season. Not expecting much out of Denver tonight but hopefully they show something on offense. 

one of my 8th graders and his dad & brother are big packers fans. on Friday night they flew out to Tampa so they could attend the game on Sunday between the Bucs and Packers. the kid returned to school today and said overall it was pretty fun. he's not the sharpest kid in class, but I could tell it meant a lot to him that they did this.

imagine how fun it would've been if when you were a kid your dad flew you across the country to attend a football game like that. pretty darn awesome.

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Tua carted off before halftime after getting sacked and landing on his back then head. His fingers were rigid and bent looking like he had horrible arthritis. Hopefully this wasn’t something from last weeks injury that lingered but doesn’t matter.  Hoping it’s nothing long term or serious. 

Sucks. It looked pretty bad. 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Tua carted off before halftime after getting sacked and landing on his back then head. His fingers were rigid and bent looking like he had horrible arthritis. Hopefully this wasn’t something from last weeks injury that lingered but doesn’t matter.  Hoping it’s nothing long term or serious.