• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

For fucks sake that was pathetic. Cooper Cup could have picked up a first down but slid 5 yards from the marker for no reason that makes sense. The Rams couldn't pick up the first down and Brady charges down the field with no time outs for a TD. 

The rams defense on that final Tampa drive was softer than a baby blanket. How do you let your DBs play so far off the receivers at that point? Awful, awful strategy. Once again, the prevent defense fails miserably. 

17 hours ago, Tank said:

The rams defense on that final Tampa drive was softer than a baby blanket. How do you let your DBs play so far off the receivers at that point? Awful, awful strategy. Once again, the prevent defense fails miserably. 

John Madden once said, "All a prevent defense does is prevent you from winning." He wasn't wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, St1ck said:

Seahawks' Darrell Taylor ran off sideline onto field to block after interception, refs didn't notice - ProFootballTalk
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/28/seahawks-darrell-taylor-ran-off-sideline-onto-field-to-block-after-interception-refs-didnt-notice/

MANGA

Making the NFL Great Again.

The Broncos are so bad (namely that terrible offense) that the NFL just flexed the Chiefs/Broncos games from prime time.

The NFL announced Tuesday night it's making a flex scheduling change for Week 14.

The Week 14 Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers matchup on Sunday, Dec. 11, will now be played at 8:20 p.m. ET on Sunday Night Football.

In the corresponding change, the Kansas City Chiefs-Denver Broncos game originally scheduled for the Sunday night slot will be moved to 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS that same Sunday.

This is the second time the Chargers have been flexed into Sunday night this season. The first was their Week 11 matchup against the Chiefs.

The Broncos lost quite a few starters to injury but this is the NFL and that happens to most teams.  They're an absolute dumpster fire averaging a whopping 14.3 points per game which is the lowest since the Cardinals averaged 14.1 in 2018.  I think the defense can be better than what it's been the past few games but like any team with a good defense and shitty offense the defense probably got tired of busting their asses to lose some low scoring affair.  The 2023 first round pick they traded to Seattle would be the 3rd overall pick if the season ended today and it should remain top 5 by the end of the season as I think they win maybe 1 more game looking at their remaining schedule.  I was a fan of the Wilson trade but skeptical when they signed him to the new contract when he still had 2 years left on his old contract.  I remember on one of the NFL network shows one of the analysts was picking him as MVP and Broncos as a Super Bowl team which I wasn't buying but no one could have imagined they'd be this bad.  Hackett needs to be shitcanned at the end of the season if not before.  Even getting back guys they lost to injury this team has shown next to nothing to inspire confidence going into the 2023 season. 

That's what it was, I was trying to remember earlier. Being a Chiefs fan and in the algorithm, my FB gets a bunch of AFC West news, info, team pages, etc. One of the Broncos suggested pages was a pic of how poor the Broncos PPG is at 14.3 which has them at a record of 3-8, but that if they were just a bit better and had a PPG of 18.4 (or something very close as I may be off with the decimal number) that their record would be 9-2. 

They also show a bunch of Wilson stats and comparisons and it's absolutely brutal how bad he's been. I thought the Broncos were a QB away from competing and being really good, looks like Russ isn't it.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:46 PM, Brandon said:

That's what it was, I was trying to remember earlier. Being a Chiefs fan and in the algorithm, my FB gets a bunch of AFC West news, info, team pages, etc. One of the Broncos suggested pages was a pic of how poor the Broncos PPG is at 14.3 which has them at a record of 3-8, but that if they were just a bit better and had a PPG of 18.4 (or something very close as I may be off with the decimal number) that their record would be 9-2. 

They also show a bunch of Wilson stats and comparisons and it's absolutely brutal how bad he's been. I thought the Broncos were a QB away from competing and being really good, looks like Russ isn't it.

Russ relied on his athleticism for his entire time in Seattle. Now that he doesn’t have that anymore, he can’t play the position at a level that will succeed. 

Denver's ineptitude on offense hits a new low as they fail to reach the red zone.  They knock Lamar Jackson from the game before the end of the 1st quarter, hold Baltimore to less than 300 yards of offense and still end up losing 10-9. 

Rodgers continues to own the Bears, Eagles trounced the Titans, Watson debuted for Cleveland and looked like he hadn't played in over a year yet the Browns scored 3 defensive TD's to beat Houston who is the only team worse than Denver, Niners defense looks Super Bowl worthy against Miami but they lose Jimmy G for the rest of the season to a broken ankle, Bengals beat the Chiefs and Dallas trounced Indy behind their D and run game.  My team sucks but I'm loving the parity as it's week 13 and there's no clear cut Super Bowl favorite. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

He sucks but couldn't be worse than what they have been doing, even if he doesn't learn the playbook by then. 

yeah this is certainly not a long term solution. he certainly can't be any worse than wolford or perkins. 

we saw some decent talent and success from him in cleveland when he first started. i wonder what changed, and if it can be found again.

• 2 weeks later...