• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Dude, in both games the officials stopped the play to give the Chiefs time to put in a different defense and in the Superbowl to throw a challenge flag after time had expired for them to do it. Or are you forgetting that on purpose? The holding call, by your own admission,was awful and sealed the Chiefs victory by giving them a first down to run out the clock. 

I get you're a Homer but come on, shady shit is shady shit. 

Ok you're gonna be troll guy. I'll play.

No bitch, the challenge flag was by the Bengals and the refs let them pick it up. I don't think you know the rules and and substation rules. By the way, no one has even talked about that the past two days but you bring it up ready to be "internet troll guy".

You want to die on the "it wasn't a penalty" hill...have a blast dude. The CB even said it was a penalty....yet you are trying to be some marauder acting like the Chiefs didn't win that game on their own merit.

Explain these, sir...

Why did the Eagles have more time of possession, more first downs, more yards, third down conversions, etc.?

Why did everyone jock the Eagles defense and anoint them the best before the SB, mainly the defensive line yet they had 0 sacks........0.

Why did they give up the biggest punt return run back in NFL history?

Why did Hurts fumble and give us a run back for a TD?

Why did they let the Chiefs score on every possession in the second half?

Why were Moore and Toney both wide open on their TD's?

Why couldn't the vaunted defense stop Kelce?

Why couldn't they stop a guy from running 24 yards on one leg to set up the final score? 

Let me guess? The refs? 

Go fuck yourself, dude. You're not even a fan of either team but trying so hard to be "internet guy" and the contrarian for no reason. I'll wait for your answer internet guy.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

You can credit Hurts for fumbling in the first half giving the defense 6. 

And what about the the other 32 points?

Stop trying dude. This is empirically a battle you can't win no matter how hard you try. Trying to defend an Eagles loss/Chiefs win is fucking comical. The better team won a great game yesterday. Just deal with it.

I agree it was holding, but it was "weak" holding and didn't impact the potential to catch a ball or get separation.  Not where Mahomes threw that pass.  They could probably call holding on most plays, but they don't and they certainly shouldn't be calling that holding at that point in the game.  Great that KC won, they played well enough to win.  Just super disappointing to have the game decided like that.  It's like a movie that is great until the final scene, the payoff, and then you're left with a WTF ending.

Definitely not a fan of the "officiating was suspect" narrative surrounding the last two Chiefs wins. It definitely felt like that defensive holding call in the SB was a gift, but it wasn't like there was nothing there. It was just a borderline call for the situation, and I wouldn't have expected them to throw the flag. If I were an Eagles fan, I'd be pissed for sure. That said, the Chiefs still did everything they needed to do to win, and they most likely would have been up 3 with 1:45 left had they not got that flag. That's obviously a dramatically different game situation than the one that played out, but it's not like the Eagles were certain to win or tie the game without that call going against them. There were a few calls that could have gone differently (both for and against the Chiefs), but I thought it was really well-officiated overall.

The Cincy game narrative I think is ridiculous. People started saying that it was a ref show the next day, and it seems like everyone just ran with that as the story, and the evidence just doesn't back it up. I know they had the weird thing where the official blew the ball dead before a play and nobody heard him, thus giving the Chiefs an extra down. Again, weird play, not an ideal situation to figure out for the officials... but the drive resulted in a punt, so no harm done. Past that, it seems like Cincy fans really grabbed onto the idea that an offensive hold should have been called on the play when Mahomes got late hit out of bounds in the 4th quarter. Not sure you can find a weaker "the refs cost us the game" argument than that. There is offensive holding on every single play in the NFL. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes not. A questionable hold got a TD wiped off the board for the Chiefs earlier in that very same game. Works that way for everybody. But that late hit on the Mahomes run was gonna get called no matter what. So best case scenario for the Bengals is offsetting penalties and Chiefs probably try a 59-ish yard FG, which likely means OT. So yeah, some borderline shit that may have affected the outcome of the game didn't go the Bengals way. It happens. Them acting like the officials were trying everything in their power to help KC win that game though is absolutely ludicrous. The people of Southern Ohio are trash.  

It's the internet, man.....and dealing with the contrarian Blarg's of the world that want to argue for the sake of arguing or because they are bored/their life sucks. Both Cincy sand Philly said they were penalties and the better team won, but peeps on the internet want to act like they weren't or shouldn't have been called....and it's usually dudes that aren't fan of either team and from places like Washington or Puerto Rico.

I have been going through a lot of the blogs/videos/etc. as I'm still on cloud 9 but also like to play devils advocate and look at things objectively and from the other side. I don't see much other than "internet guy" trying to be an asshole for no reason or extremely reach to act like the Chiefs shouldn't have won....both games.

Cowherd or Kellerman said it best with regards to the penalty. If you call it in the first quarter, you also call it at the end of the game. People just want to be butthurt because it was at the end. If it was called in the first or second quarter no one would say shit.

If I'm an Eagles fan, I would have wanted to see what Jalen could have done with 1:45 or whatever it was because he played arguably the best game of his life and even as just a fan of the sport would have been interested to see what would have happened...granted, he does more with his feet than with his arm. But there are a bunch that act like the Chiefs still wouldn't have won, which is my issue. They were already in FG range and the Chiefs defense was on point in the second half, but "internet guy" acts like the Eagles would have won which is absurd.

The Cincy won is just morons. They would call that late hit even in the preseason.

Both great games down to the wire, as one would expect with great teams, but simply the better team won. It's actually more of a testament to Andy Reid and the coaching staff for making the adjustments and out coaching the other teams.

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's the internet, man.....and dealing with the contrarian Blarg's of the world that want to argue for the sake of arguing or because they are bored/their life sucks. Both Cincy sand Philly said they were penalties and the better team won, but peeps on the internet want to act like they weren't or shouldn't have been called....and it's usually dudes that aren't fan of either team and from places like Washington or Puerto Rico.

Not sure what effect where someone lives or watches the game has on being able to have a reasonable opinion, but whatever.  Also, one could argue that not being a fan of either team "could" make that person potentially more objective.  Not every time, but definitely sometimes.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Not sure what effect where someone lives or watches the game has on being able to have a reasonable opinion, but whatever.  Also, one could argue that not being a fan of either team "could" make that person potentially more objective.  Not every time, but definitely sometimes.

I'm not a social media person, but have a Facebook. I think going to KC often and being a Chiefs fan, their algorithm throws shit my my way hoping I engage. Every now and then something will catch my eye and when I read the comments is kind of comical.

But I think you're missing the context of my post. I'm a Manchester United fan in California, so I get what you're trying to say, but it wasn't my point.

It's internet asshole contrarian guy that wants to argue with random strangers on the internet for the sake of arguing. That's always bothered me. When I click a Chiefs link and it's some dude that's a lifelong Cowboys fan trying to troll or stir up shit between other teams it's pathetic and says more about the individual. Also, these types aren't trying to have civil discourse or make some kind of point. That was the context of that portion you highlighted.

This isn't Thomas Edison eloquently talking facts about a football game. It's usually some uneducated fuck that could care less about either team or doesn't care about the outcome and just wants to be an ass clown on the internet......same for Chiefs fans as well, it's rough to read and why I don't normally go down those roads of reading peoples opinions. 

Personally, I've enjoyed some of the civil banter here and the times we keep it respectful....I think I even said good game to everyone here whether the Chiefs won or lost this season. But asshole internet sports guy can go fuck himself. These types aren't trying to be objective.

55 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

People didn’t pay attention all year. The chiefs were about 3-4 plays from going undefeated 

Plausible.

I thought when the Bills came they were the better team and playing at a high level (speaking of which, their dramatic spiral to end the season was rather epic and weird for how they started the season). The same way I had hope for KC in the playoffs because of the disrespect, I thought Buffalo would come in hot with a chip on their shoulder from the :13 last season in the playoffs. I had that as an L before the season and played out how I thought it would.....I also thought we were outplayed. But you were right that we were in it until the end and had a chance to win.

I thought the Bengals loss was also expected and why I was more worried about them than the Eagles. They hit us at the right time playing hot and are (were?) our kryptonite. But that game also came down to the very end.

The anomaly was the Colts loss. That game was rough to watch. Every mistake you can think of, we made. Moore fumbled a punt inside the red zone, the weird turnovers, and that was also the Chris Jones personal foul (which no one wants to talk about or explain) on 3rd and long that continued their final drive to win. This was literally that "any given Sunday" game. If that Jones penalty doesn't happen I think it was going to be 4th and 20+ and we likely get the ball back and run out the clock.

If I wanted to play devils advocate, that Texans OT win was Colts-like and weird. Shouldn't have even been in that position. Both Chargers games were tough as was that first Raiders game (I think it was a MNF game) that seemed to look scripted......both with the Chiefs down big and also the comeback. It was also the game with the Chris Jones strip sack that they somehow came up with roughing the passer....I know a few of us commented on it here when it happened.

The Chiefs being so good means they continually have a 1st place schedule and have one of the toughest schedules every year, so I don't expect them to have a perfect season.

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Plausible.

I thought when the Bills came they were the better team and playing at a high level (speaking of which, their dramatic spiral to end the season was rather epic and weird for how they started the season). The same way I had hope for KC in the playoffs because of the disrespect, I thought Buffalo would come in hot with a chip on their shoulder from the :13 last season in the playoffs. I had that as an L before the season and played out how I thought it would.....I also thought we were outplayed. But you were right that we were in it until the end and had a chance to win.

I thought the Bengals loss was also expected and why I was more worried about them than the Eagles. They hit us at the right time playing hot and are (were?) our kryptonite. But that game also came down to the very end.

The anomaly was the Colts loss. That game was rough to watch. Every mistake you can think of, we made. Moore fumbled a punt inside the red zone, the weird turnovers, and that was also the Chris Jones personal foul (which no one wants to talk about or explain) on 3rd and long that continued their final drive to win. This was literally that "any given Sunday" game. If that Jones penalty doesn't happen I think it was going to be 4th and 20+ and we likely get the ball back and run out the clock.

If I wanted to play devils advocate, that Texans OT win was Colts-like and weird. Shouldn't have even been in that position. Both Chargers games were tough as was that first Raiders game (I think it was a MNF game) that seemed to look scripted......both with the Chiefs down big and also the comeback. It was also the game with the Chris Jones strip sack that they somehow came up with roughing the passer....I know a few of us commented on it here when it happened.

The Chiefs being so good means they continually have a 1st place schedule and have one of the toughest schedules every year, so I don't expect them to have a perfect season.

I agree. Mahomes bounced played a lot smarter this year and we didn’t have balls bouncing off Hill’s hands for interceptions. I don’t see them going undefeated anytime soon but I expect the Bills to take a big step backwards and the Bengals have a lot of holes to fill. If mahomes is healthy , we’re going to be at the top for a few years. 
I checked on season tickets and the prices weren’t even listed. I figure they’re slightly more expensive than 08-11 when I paid 750 total for 3 season passes. It’s $75 to park these days. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I agree. Mahomes bounced played a lot smarter this year and we didn’t have balls bouncing off Hill’s hands for interceptions. I don’t see them going undefeated anytime soon but I expect the Bills to take a big step backwards and the Bengals have a lot of holes to fill. If mahomes is healthy , we’re going to be at the top for a few years. 
I checked on season tickets and the prices weren’t even listed. I figure they’re slightly more expensive than 08-11 when I paid 750 total for 3 season passes. It’s $75 to park these days. 

Yeah, Mahomes is going to be a legend. I think it even grows and is a catalyst after these playoffs and SB. I would have never expected this watching him at A&M and when we drafted him. But listening to Sean Payton talk about how he had the highest draft score he's ever done and how the Saints wanted him was very telling.

I saw the parking went up. My family does season seats and gets the gold pass as season seat parking pass.....supposed to be easier in and out, but what I love about the stadium is the the easy access in and out.

If you grab tix let's meet up for a beer. I usually sit in one of two areas, behind the bench or up in club.......depends on how my family disperses the tix and who from the law firm wants to go. I sit in these areas:

272928823_10221570446236726_2784190140249760806_n.jpeg

272958357_10221568844436682_4439305510684188447_n.jpeg

271971562_10221506147749304_4025043318899048972_n.jpeg

267105703_10221342852787032_593169593358184311_n.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, Mahomes is going to be a legend. I think it even grows and is a catalyst after these playoffs and SB. I would have never expected this watching him at A&M and when we drafted him. But listening to Sean Payton talk about how he had the highest draft score he's ever done and how the Saints wanted him was very telling.

I saw the parking went up. My family does season seats and gets the gold pass as season seat parking pass.....supposed to be easier in and out, but what I love about the stadium is the the easy access in and out.

If you grab tix let's meet up for a beer. I usually sit in one of two areas, behind the bench or up in club.......depends on how my family disperses the tix and who from the law firm wants to go. I sit in these areas:

272928823_10221570446236726_2784190140249760806_n.jpeg

272958357_10221568844436682_4439305510684188447_n.jpeg

271971562_10221506147749304_4025043318899048972_n.jpeg

267105703_10221342852787032_593169593358184311_n.jpeg

Yes sure thing. Those are way better than where I sat at top. Are you related to that Mike’s got this lawyer ?

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Yes sure thing. Those are way better than where I sat at top. Are you related to that Mike’s got this lawyer ?

Haha....no, and my family laughs at that dudes commercials. That dude is a straight ambulance chaser with the cheesiest commercials. But they know him and what/how he works. His commercials remind me of when I was kid watching cartoons after school and they had the George Brazil plumbing commercials that were lame and cheesy.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Haha....no, and my family laughs at that dudes commercials. That dude is a straight ambulance chaser with the cheesiest commercials. But they know him and what/how he works. His commercials remind me of when I was kid watching cartoons after school and they had the George Brazil plumbing commercials that were lame and cheesy.

Yes he pretends to be a football star now. We’ve stepped up as we know have Dick Ray’s plumbing with girls singing they love dick. 

5 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yes he pretends to be a football star now. We’ve stepped up as we know have Dick Ray’s plumbing with girls singing they love dick. 

Dude looks and sounds like a tool. But it stands out as we are talking about it.

The main dude I like out there is that black dude that looks like James Brown, whom does the NFL on Fox national broadcast. I feel like he is the weather guy on the regional Fox network (I think it's channel 3 or 4 in Independence). I could be completely wrong or off as I can't find him online.

• 3 weeks later...