• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Beyond Grateful by Josh Hamilton

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've moved on from Hamilton.

I hated him for awhile as he was screwing over the Angels.

Now he's nothing to me.

^^^  I don’t blame Hamilton for taking the money, I blame DiPoto and Arte for the stupidity of signing him....Signing Pujols wasn’t a smart move but you might justify it as a reach to win a title.....Hamilton was just straight up dumb....

Lawrence Taylor once said that he would sometimes stand on the field listening to the roar of the crowd and think to himself that he couldn't wait for his career to be over so he could go back to smoking crack. He had a real problem, but he handled it like a man.

I don't hate Hamilton, but I do wish he would have been a stronger person and lived up to his responsibility.

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

Give me a Facking break... this dude is a moron. I’m sure the Holy Spirit was focused on game 6 of the World Series instead of world hunger and peace ??

Well, the Rangers lost the series and just look at the world...looks like the Holy Spirit is Facking up both.

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There are plenty of drug addicts who aren’t assholes. 

Exactly.  Being a drug addict doesn’t mean you have to have zero self accountability.  I doubt he was high when he told the world, “they knew what they were getting when they signed me”.  I stand by my “fuck him” statement.  

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

But, man, Game 6.

Game 6, up in St. Louis … we almost had it. We really, really did.

I remember up to that point, I hadn’t done much in the Series with my bat. But then — baseball being baseball — we’re in that deciding game, and suddenly I’m in the on-deck circle, in extra innings, and I’m telling you, out of nowhere….

I hear the Holy Spirit talking to me.

This is the honest truth.

For real.

I’m standing there, getting ready to bat, and I hear it clear as day.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

And I’m like, Huh … O.K.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

Then I take a couple more hacks in the on-deck circle. A few moments later, I walk up to the plate. Step into the box. And the very first pitch I see–

BLAMMO.

Home run.

Two run lead for the Rangers.

Are you kidding me?

Give me a Facking break... this dude is a moron. I’m sure the Holy Spirit was focused on game 6 of the World Series instead of world hunger and peace ??

295d40de77acac49b1b4610f1a6b8aec.jpg

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Exactly.  Being a drug addict doesn’t mean you have to have zero self accountability.  I doubt he was high when he told the world, “they knew what they were getting when they signed me”.  I stand by my “F*ck him” statement.  

Accountability for relapsing ? or did you want him to walk away from his contract? or should he just say I’m sorry ? 

6 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

The Angels brass should’ve taken more time to evaluate Hamilton before they signed him. He wasn’t a good fit in Anaheim. 

I believe it was a panic move by Moreno Bc we just like Grienke to the dodgers and he wanted to grab headlines 

Josh just retire to your ranch, live a good life, and never be heard from again. Thank you

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Accountability for relapsing ? or did you want him to walk away from his contract? or should he just say I’m sorry ? 

When he relapsed he went first to his agent and legal team to make sure he could find a way to not be accountable. People doing actual jobs would have lost their job and probably their house left to a long arduous journey back to normalcy. Josh walked away with 125 million dollars....he could have donated some of his salary towards drug addiction programs while he was not actually earning it to demonstrate some awareness. But no......

My role model was Lyman Bostock.  I miss athletes like him.

42 minutes ago, eligrba said:

When he relapsed he went first to his agent and legal team to make sure he could find a way to not be accountable. People doing actual jobs would have lost their job and probably their house left to a long arduous journey back to normalcy. Josh walked away with 125 million dollars....he could have donated some of his salary towards drug addiction programs while he was not actually earning it to demonstrate some awareness. But no......

My role model was Lyman Bostock.  I miss athletes like him.

The fact that Hamilton did voluntarily self report his relapse during the off season with a apology is a form of accountability. The FO viewed this as a opportunity to relieve themselves (partially)of a bad contract with a player who was injury prone and in decline. That strategy back fired on them when MLB declined to suspend him under the current drug program. 

The FO could of handled this differently by providing help for Hamilton and setting a example to the players and fans that the Angels do care for their own. I would bet money if Hamilton was putting up big offensive numbers ... the Angels would of gone that direction. 

We all know that drug addiction never ends for the addict. The Angels knew this but still rolled the dice. Both Hamilton and the Angels FO are accountable for a bad ending. Thank god this is now ancient history!

9 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

In 2012 our Toriitown group was invited by a non-profit group to join them for a luncheon. We purchased a table. The event was a fundraiser for an at-risk youths program. The Angels were home at the time but had an off day. The guest speaker was Torii Hunter who spoke about his childhood upbringing with his father who was a crack user. Torii spoke for 45 minutes about how he personally had to survive his childhood through youth sports. He did this on his off day free of charge. We had a great lunch with him, Tim Mead and his agent Larry Reynolds at the event. Torii signed autographs for everyone. Terrific program that everyone in attendance enjoyed.

Fast forward a year later in 2013. Torii was gone and we welcomed Josh Hamilton with Hamiltown who had his own personal struggles with addiction. The at-risk youth luncheon was again scheduled on an Angels day off. It seemed like a perfect match for the program.The coordinator of the program asked if we could reach out to Josh about making an appearance. We emailed his agent Michael Moye a Christian based sports agent who represents his Christian client Josh Hamilton. We shared the date, time and explained the program and what Torii did the prior year. Josh had just signed a $125M deal with the Angels. His email response was yes, he would be available to assist with the program on that date but Josh requires a $10,000 appearance fee paid in advance. The program coordinator declined. 

Sounds about right.

Torii was by far and away one of the coolest people this org ever had. Not just a great player, but a for real "good guy".

Killed me once the team started to slip from its decade of dominance that some on here made him the target. "Hes not a leader" was the most common.

The hamilton fiasco was a two fold disaster. Aside from the waste of money, we lost torii in the move. And not in a professional way.

Yeah, its a business. But we kind of shit on him in the end.