• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Beyond Grateful by Josh Hamilton

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/josh-hamilton-texas-rangers-beyond-grateful

I’m not really the most outspoken person.

I tend to keep to myself. I’m not a big social media guy. I stay pretty private.

But when I got that phone call and found out that I was going to be inducted into the Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame — alongside legends like Nolan Ryan, Ruben Sierra, Pudge Rodriguez, Michael Young and so many other all-time greats — something happened that I wasn’t expecting.

My immediate reaction was pure gratitude — just a massive amount of gratitude and appreciation. But then, from there, all these memories and stories from my career began springing to mind. All the things that have made this organization so special to me, and all the love and support I’ve been shown over the years … that all just came flooding back.

And I felt like maybe this would be as good a time as ever to share some of that stuff. Because the memories I hold dear, and all the ways this organization has impacted my life — that stuff really does mean the world to me...

But, man, Game 6.

Game 6, up in St. Louis … we almost had it. We really, really did.

I remember up to that point, I hadn’t done much in the Series with my bat. But then — baseball being baseball — we’re in that deciding game, and suddenly I’m in the on-deck circle, in extra innings, and I’m telling you, out of nowhere….

I hear the Holy Spirit talking to me.

This is the honest truth.

For real.

I’m standing there, getting ready to bat, and I hear it clear as day.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

And I’m like, Huh … O.K.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

Then I take a couple more hacks in the on-deck circle. A few moments later, I walk up to the plate. Step into the box. And the very first pitch I see–

BLAMMO.

Home run.

Two run lead for the Rangers.

Are you kidding me?

Give me a Facking break... this dude is a moron. I’m sure the Holy Spirit was focused on game 6 of the World Series instead of world hunger and peace ??

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So some dude on here recently said we shouldn’t hate or sports hate teams, so I am not sure if that also relates to certain individuals, my guess is it doesn’t since that same dude likes to rail on a couple of different players on his favorite team.  

F*ck off Josh Hamilton.  

Not just picking on you but I don’t get it. Sure he sucked ass and had his relapses, so he didn’t live up to the contract for the team I root for. 

Good for him, life goes on. He didn’t do anything to me personally. 

5 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Not just picking on you but I don’t get it. Sure he sucked ass and had his relapses, so he didn’t live up to the contract for the team I root for. 

Good for him, life goes on. He didn’t do anything to me personally. 

Yea he’s a piece of shit that lacked self accountability.  

Just now, WeaverFever said:

Why do you hate this guy personally? 

I don't hate the guy, but I know I have no respect for the way he wormed his way around his suspension and the way he tried to play it off when it went down.  Dude was a POS.

Props to his agent and the PR department they hired to make him look like a sympathetic figure.  He got what he paid for which is more than the Angels can say about his stint as a non-Ranger.

Looking forward to him invoking the name of God again after his next relapse.

He’s just a dumb guy.  He fu*cked over the Angels and that pisses me off.  But honestly the more I learn about him.  I can’t even hate him.  All the Jesus is talking to me shit.  All the demons.  It’s just sad and pathetic.  Truly, the man is his own worst enemy.  A guy that can’t get out of his own way. I don’t really care to hear  about him.  Try to not turn up dead in ditch dude.  A lot of times it seems like that’s been the trajectory for him.

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

He’s just a dumb guy.  He fu*cked over the Angels and that pisses me off.  But honestly the more I learn about him.  I can’t even hate him.  All the Jesus is talking to me shit.  All the demons.  It’s just sad and pathetic.  Truly, the man is his own worst enemy.  A guy that can’t get out of his own way. I don’t really care to hear  about him.  Try to not die in ditch dude. 

Yep, I don't care that he relapsed, that's on the Angels for taking on that risk.  But the way he turned himself in to avoid being tested and have his contract terminated and avoid suspension was shady.   That language was put in there for a reason and they mistakenly assumed he would act in good faith....  But the second he effed up he went out of his way to circumvent the system and contract.

Then he actually said the Angels knew what the deal was.  Dude is a c*nt.

Edited by Inside Pitch

In 2012 our Toriitown group was invited by a non-profit group to join them for a luncheon. We purchased a table. The event was a fundraiser for an at-risk youths program. The Angels were home at the time but had an off day. The guest speaker was Torii Hunter who spoke about his childhood upbringing with his father who was a crack user. Torii spoke for 45 minutes about how he personally had to survive his childhood through youth sports. He did this on his off day free of charge. We had a great lunch with him, Tim Mead and his agent Larry Reynolds at the event. Torii signed autographs for everyone. Terrific program that everyone in attendance enjoyed.

Fast forward a year later in 2013. Torii was gone and we welcomed Josh Hamilton with Hamiltown who had his own personal struggles with addiction. The at-risk youth luncheon was again scheduled on an Angels day off. It seemed like a perfect match for the program.The coordinator of the program asked if we could reach out to Josh about making an appearance. We emailed his agent Michael Moye a Christian based sports agent who represents his Christian client Josh Hamilton. We shared the date, time and explained the program and what Torii did the prior year. Josh had just signed a $125M deal with the Angels. His email response was yes, he would be available to assist with the program on that date but Josh requires a $10,000 appearance fee paid in advance. The program coordinator declined. 

Edited by Calzone 2

4 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

In 2012 our Toriitown group was invited by a non-profit group to join them for a luncheon. We purchased a table. The event was a fundraiser for an at-risk youths program. The Angels were home at the time but had an off day. The guest speaker was Torii Hunter who spoke about his childhood upbringing with his father who was a crack user. Torii spoke for 45 minutes about how he personally had to survive his childhood through youth sports. He did this on his off day free of charge. We had a great lunch with him, Tim Mead and his agent Larry Reynolds at the event. Torii signed autographs for everyone. Terrific program that everyone in attendance enjoyed.

Fast forward a year later in 2013. Torii was gone and we welcomed Josh Hamilton with Hamiltown who had his own personal struggles with addiction. The at-risk youth luncheon was again scheduled on an Angels day off. It seemed like a perfect match for the program.The coordinator of the program asked if we could reach out to Josh about making an appearance. We emailed his agent Michael Moye a Christian based sports agent who represents his Christian client Josh Hamilton. We shared the date, time and and explained the program and what Torii did the prior year. Josh had just signed a $125M deal with the Angels. His email response was yes, he would be available to assist with the program on that date but Josh requires a $10,000 appearance fee paid in advance. The program coordinator declined. 

God's voice probably told him to do that.